Yoko Kanno

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Yoko Kanno

Postby Zane » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:35 am

Who digs this Ladys funky tunes??

Shes done the Bebop, Ghost in the Shell (stand alone complex), Jin-Roh (ed. actually no she didn't) and Escaflowne music and absolutlety rocks in my pov.

Tank!
Space Lion
Knocking on Heavens Door
The Real Folk Blues
Call me Call me
No reply
WHAT PLANET IS THIS?
Shadow of Doubt
Spotter

And the list goes on....
Zane

Postby Zedian » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:19 am

Her Brain Powered and Escaflowne stuff are just simply awesome. I haven't heard anything recent from her though...if anyone knows please tell me. Also her Cowboy Bebop tunes were certainly memorable.
Zedian

Postby AngelSakura » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:01 pm

Ooooo, she's one of the best composers in the world! I love "Gravity" and "Call Me Call Me"!
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby panegryst » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:03 pm

she's great. I want that box set with her and The Seatbelts at the 'Earth Girls Are Easy' concert.

favorite song: What Planet Is This?!
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:11 pm

I've got all of the Cowboy Bebop CDs (except for the Movie soundtrack). Amazing stuff indeed
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby RoyalWing » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:27 pm

She is amazing! I don't know the names to any of her songs though. ^v^; I really like what she did for the series you mentioned, I really liked the theme song for "Ghost In The Shell: Stand-Alone Complex". Everything in Escaflowne was perfect and catchy, same for Cowboy Bepop (well, I've only seen the movie, so...)
RoyalWing

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:06 pm

Oh, you have GOT to get some of the Bebop TV show soundtracks, or makes friends with someone who has them. Hearing "Blue" will change your life (or something like that)
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:18 pm

ok~ ^-^;

Actually, don't worry, one of my brother's friend's gave him all the musics for the series. But I don't think he has the one for the movie (sad (_ _);; )
RoyalWing

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:55 pm

I love her Bebop stuff. I love everysong she does.
Hitokiri

Postby Kenchii » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:25 pm

Escaflowne Tunes just kick.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:19 pm

I have most of the Bebop CD's and I listen to them constantly. I believe you're mistaken though on Jin-Roh Hajime Mizoguchi composed all the music for the soundtrack. I've only seen one episode of Stand Alone Complex, but I did like it's music. I also love the music she did for Macross Plus almost as much as Bebop.:thumb:
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Return to Jam Session