soulfest 2004

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

soulfest 2004

Postby Lynx » Mon May 10, 2004 8:03 pm

Just wondering, anyone here planning on going to soulfest 2004? i'm hoping to go... it's in New Hampshire, right? *grins* my southern neighbors;) i've never been to a soulfest before... so i'm excited at the possibility of going to this one:)
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Stephen » Mon May 10, 2004 9:19 pm

Moved to the music area. Now as to your question, I have been to Soulfest...this will be the third year in a row. Year one was for a day only...year two I did the whole thing, and this year I will do the whole thing. Watch for a guy in facepaint and a black kilt....for that shall be Shatterheart. Soulfest is usually pretty fun. Its worth the drive down for me at least...living in Maine.
Stephen

Postby Zilch » Tue May 11, 2004 3:19 pm

Hopefully, I'll be there. I'll be the one decked out in black, baggy clothing, and probably a Casting Crowns bandana, moshing to all the hardest bands. May or may not be somewhere in the area of Shatterheart....he doesn't like stalkers. :grin:

I love Soulfest, but...there's not as many good bands this year. One glaring example would be Skillet...
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Ducky » Wed May 12, 2004 5:14 am

Yay... I'm probably going with ya lynx. Good music, good fans and a great 5 hour + bus ride lol.
Ducky

Postby Stephen » Wed May 12, 2004 9:27 am

Heh....I know that feeling...it was about a 5 hour shot for our group last year. I was driving my little cavalier....after working a 9 hour shift at work...we drove down at about 2am. And the group stuffed my car full of crap. I had the passenger seat filled with bread...and the back seat with luggage...I had no visability from the passenger seat...and the backseat had like a 3 inch slit to see out....very safe *eye roll* But it is beautiful down there.
Stephen

Postby kaji » Wed May 12, 2004 9:41 am

Are we talking about the "Inside-Out Soul Festival" at Loone Mtn?

I havent been an 4 years (or so) but it is definately fun. The only thing I didnt like was when more then one band I liked were playing at the same time.

We slept on the rail road platform and half the people I went with got sick. All in all a fun trip. ;)
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Lynx » Wed May 12, 2004 12:46 pm

That's the one kaji... :)

ducky, there's no way out of it... i'm draging you and mikas there by force:P (well, kinda by force... well ok fine you both will be going cuz you want to and it wont even be me taking us it will be our youth leaders... :P) anyways, relient k is gonna be there!!! that means we're gonna have to start hording skittles and combos now so we can give it to them later...:)

oh btw! i went on the website and it looks like maybe relient k and third day are gonna be playing at the same time... if that happens i'll cry! matt... mac... matt... mac... i just can't choose!!!
Lynx

Postby Zilch » Wed May 12, 2004 1:18 pm

AHHHH!! ANOTHER RABID RK FAN!!(jumps in the nearest pond)

That happened to me the year I went. Relient K and Audio Adrenaline were playing at the same time. I went to see RK...duh...

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Ducky » Wed May 12, 2004 8:48 pm

I'm coming fer sure Lynx... I like long bus rides... but Mikas might require some dragging, too bad 'bout third day and Rk... I'll jus' have to got with the crowd (you and mikas) on that one 'cause i really don't care (tho Rk makes me laugh), give me southern gospel make-every-other-teenager in the universe cringe in terror twang any day!
Ducky

Postby Zilch » Thu May 13, 2004 3:22 am

Ducky wrote:give me southern gospel make-every-other-teenager in the universe cringe in terror twang any day!

...*twitch*....*twitch*.....*runs*

Zilch

Postby Lynx » Thu May 13, 2004 4:25 pm

hahahaha! ducky, you listen to country anyways... ick!!!! anyways, you're still my buddy, even if you listen to that discusting music... *glomp* :hug:
Lynx

Postby Ducky » Thu May 13, 2004 6:29 pm

:P country music is good... and mikas says that rk and third day are at different times so there's no conflict. I really hope we can get arrangments all worked out to go though... country or no. oh and :hug: back at ya!
Ducky

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu May 20, 2004 10:27 am

Soulfest is fun. I went to one in New Hampshire, it was about a 6-hour-drive in the car but it was well worth it. I got to go camping too. ^^x And I caught a CD. But I was very far away from the audience, up on a hill because I don't like the loud noise...@@x But the ski lift was fun too, I did that as well. Whee heights! @Ox

Country music? Eeepe! At least up North there's not too much. But anyway, I don't like it, I don't like the singing. *oro*
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:57 pm

BUMP! Soulfest starts this Thursday who is going?
Stephen

Postby Lynx » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:47 pm

hey shatterheart!!! stop gravedigging!!!! ;)

anyways, our youth group decided not to go this year... i thought i was gonna be able to go with my cousin from new hampshire... but my mom doesnt want me to go for two reasons.

1) i'm going off to college in the fall, this is her last summer w/ me here
2) she's not a Christian, she doesnt like me attending Christian events.

*sniffles* relient k.... *sniffles again* i was gonna bring them skittles and combos, and tell them they had cool shoes...
Lynx

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:51 pm

Aww sorry to hear that...guess I am the only CAA'er going this year then.

Edit>erm Lightbringer is going
Stephen

Postby Lynx » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:54 pm

make sure to tell relient k they have cool silly shoes for me.... :)
Lynx

Postby Zilch » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:22 pm

The only greeting Relient K would get from Shatterheart is how lovely their collective spleens would compliment his kilt.

Zilch

Postby Ducky » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:14 am

:waah!: I wanted to go... but like Lynx said our youth group isn't going and I really don't have the funds or ability to convince my mum to let me go by myself. *sigh* maybe some other year I guess. I hope those of you who do go have a great time though. Reliant K's spleens on a kilt would be funny, can they still sing without those? (some would ask if they can sing with them hehehe)
Ducky

Postby shooraijin » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:17 am

Yes, but Zilch, how could the red of the spleens be even visible on any kind of plaid?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Zilch » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:58 am

I guess you have a point, Shooby...

Zilch

Postby Ashley » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:40 am

Ah, but his kilt isn't plaid. It's solid black. Score one for the Texan!

Ahem, anyway, I plan on making a trip to soul fest one of these years...but Loon Mountain is an awful long way away from the lone star state. So everyone have a good mosh for me.
Ashley

Postby Lynx » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:14 pm

i really think relient k could sing without their spleens... and is your spleen even red? i thought they were pink, or maybe they're gray? *wishes she'd been more awake in human bio class* anyways, pink or gray would look good with a black kilt... especially if worn by shatterheart;)
Lynx

Postby Stephen » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:43 pm

I try to cut back on the amount of organs i wear on my clothing...makes pastors nervous. And since Shoo is pretty sharp with medical stuff..I would trust he knows what color a spleen is. As for Relient K, I will wish them your best...if your best sounds like....

"YOU GUYS ARE LAME WE WANT PROJECT 86!"
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:36 pm

UPDATE

Soulfest 2004 is a wrap. Where to begin...so much to thank God for. I should start by explaining a few things. This year I worked as a youth leader with my church. Kept an eye on the kids and such. Never once did a kid get mouthy or anything...I was really amazed. A few of us volunteered to help Soulfest this year by hauling peoples gear to there camping areas. (if you were there, yeah it was me in the Kilt) But all in all, while it was stressful...it was well worth it. I love those kids...and I really enjoy helping them out. As for bands...I got to see.....

Petra, Magni, Kevin Max, Third Day, Spoken, and other awesome bands. We had some great times...including me helping kids across a raging river...and I can't swim. Lifeguard Shatterheart got a good workout. Keep an eye on
http://nova-pit.cjb.net/

For some crazy new updates...including me in a kilt!
Stephen

Postby Lynx » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:36 am

*looking at soulfest picks* nice kilt;) *keeps looking...* wait... is that... TOBY MAC???? THE TOBY MAC??? YOU GOT YOUR PICTURE TAKEN WITH TOBY MAC?????? that's so cool:) anyways, i cant seem to find the picture of you with relient k. please post that one up soon
Lynx

Postby Stephen » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:25 am

Actually that is Kevin Max. And to break horrible news to you...I saw Third Day rather then Relient K. More pics coming very soon. I have about 4 groups of 3 pics...only the best of my lot. Including...

Third Day, Spoken, Magni, Pillar, and others.
Stephen

Return to Jam Session