what's your favorite anime music?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

what's your favorite anime music?

Postby fayefaye » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:57 pm

i love anime music and i even listen to music of animes i've never watched.what are your favorite songs? :)
fayefaye

Postby AngelSakura » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:23 pm

I like One Life (FLCL), The Real Folk Blues (Cowboy Bebop), Beautiful Alone (Weiss Kreuz), and Baka (Mahou Shojo Pretty Sammy).
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lynx » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:21 pm

i like sound life from trigun, and tank, green bird, and real folk blues from cowboy bebop
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Angel37 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:28 pm

I like Rinbu Revolution and Truth from Utena, Don't Forget from Slayers, That one song from Inuyasha (fergot name), The theme to Love Hina, and Obsession, The World, Stray Child, Aura, and Key to the Twilight from .hack//sign.
-Angel
Angel37

Postby fayefaye » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:52 pm

i'm obsessed with cowboy bebop's music.trigun's music really goes well with the anime and i haven't watched that many episodes from inuyasha but i love the music.
fayefaye

Postby Iona » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:26 am

all Noir songs and Slayers songs
"I am Kagura!"

Iona

Postby Xeno » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:31 am

Kimi Ga Iru and Kiseki no Hana from Initial D; Ride on Shooting Star and Funny Bunny from Furi Kuri; All of the music from Cowboy Bebop; Can You Feel My Love from Gundam SEED; the OP to Love Hina; the OP to Gantz; and all the anime themes Yoko Ishida has done.
Xeno

Postby Iona » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:27 am

Oh, yeah, almost forgot the Yu-Gi-Oh theme songs...too bad the english dub didn't keep them.
"I am Kagura!"

Iona

Postby randomclassic » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:42 pm

My favorite anime music/soundtracts would definatly have to be Trigun and FLCL.. I LOVE THE PILLOWS.

I also love the opening to Pretear.. It's such a great song (and I am normally not into pop type stuff [blues/jazz all the way for me])
'Oh look the water metled!' - The oh so smart one, Me. :shady:
randomclassic

Postby Technomancer » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:31 pm

In no particular order:

(Cowboy Bebop)
Waltz for Zizi
Knock a Little Harder
Bad Dog No Biscuit

(Akira)
Wind Over Neo-Tokyo
Kaneda's Theme

(Haibane Renmei)
Free Bird
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Ren_sama » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:32 pm

Hikari e, One Piece

Devil & Angels, DN Angel

Grip!, Inuyasha

ANY .hack song! Such as...
Stray Child
In the land of Twilight
New World
Edge

^__^ I ADORE .hack songs . . .
Ren_sama

Postby panegryst » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:16 am

the all-around best soundtracks for any anime series are the Evangelion, Noir, Cowboy Bebop, .Hack//, FLCL, and Witch Hunter Robin soundtracks. anything by Yoko Kanno, Yuki Kajiura, or Taku Iwasaki is rawk awesome by definition.

honorable metions: Gunslinger Girl (great classical/orchestral music), Fullmetal Alchemist (L'Arc En Ciel is the one of the only J-rock bands of mention left), Naruto, Card Captor Sakura, and last but certainly not least, Rurouni Kenshin.
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby Kesshin » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:44 am

I love the Naruto themes, and Cowboy Bebop's theme song rocks. My favorite song, though would have to bee Inuyasha's "My Will". Eerie sounding, but good.
"Consider the lilies of the field. They neither sew nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as one of these. If God so clothes the grass, which is in the field one day and cast into the oven the next, how much more will he clothe you, o ye of little faith?
-Luke 12:27-28

-CAA's official writing shinobi.

"Mostly I write action/adventure, and while I dislike romance, I seem to end up doing it and I've been told I do so well. To that I give a cliche "Feh.""
-uc pseudonym
Kesshin

Postby ally-san » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:51 pm

i love the flcl soundtrack but it loox like u guys already know that . my fav. songs are-one life, hybrid rainbow, beautiful morning w/ u, bran-new lovesong. i love u too takkun...i also enjoy the fine tunes of cowboy bebop...
ally-san

Postby teepanee » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:07 pm

Naruto soundtrack 1, 2, and its other season's opening/ending themes, songs on the "Best of Inuyasha" CD, theme songs of Ah! My Goddess, Xenogears, FFs, Hikaru no Go, Rurouni Kenshin, Angelic Layer, Prince of Tennis... Hm. Ya. I like most theme songs. ^_^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

[size=75]Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/SIZE]
teepanee

Return to Jam Session