J-pop/J-Rock Anyone?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Ren_sama » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:26 pm

XD
Thats how I find out about most of the Jpop/jrock groups--through anime...^__^ Thank goodness for anime! :thumb:
Ren_sama

Postby blkmage » Tue May 04, 2004 4:09 am

Utada Hikaru
Ayumi Hamasaki (I love the remixes)
Do as Infinity
The Gundam SEED OPs and EDs (these are great)
Naruto OSTs
blkmage

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue May 04, 2004 1:56 pm

I should get some more music by Do As Infinity.

Ahhh, the Gundam SEED song! I dunno if it's OP or ED, but I love the song Invoke. Actually, I think I should just look into TM Revolution, because I liked Heart of Sword from Kenshin too...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby kaji » Wed May 12, 2004 10:05 am

I used to listen to Avex's weekly broadcast on the internet, but they revamped their sight a little while ago and I cant find anything any more. I supose the fact that I cant read japenese dosent help. :sweat:

I enjoy:

Ayumi Hamasaki
Utada Hikaru
BoA
The Pillows
Ogura Yuko
Some stuff by Maaya Sakamoto
Various other songs and artists

Oh, have you guys ever heard of 'Nice Guy Jin?'
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Shinsei » Wed May 12, 2004 11:21 am

Oooohh, jpop! Yay!
I like:
-Hamasaki Ayumi
-Aiko
-some stuff by Hitomi
-some stuff by Gakt
-ShakkaZombie

I like most of what they play on japan-a-radio, but I'm too lazy to track down all but my favorites on cd. Most people at school, plus my family, think jpop is wierd. I'm glad others here like it.

EDIT: oops, fogot Utada Hikaru and Yoko Kanno :bang: Stupid! Stupid!
My Blog

w00t! :rock:
Shinsei

Postby J_Howard » Wed May 12, 2004 11:36 am

Let's see

:Ayumi Hamasaki-(Great voice, wonderful pitch)
Utada Hikaru-(love the bass)
Yellow Monkey- (Like the way they use the guitars)

and another that was recommended called Shaka labbits or something ha ha, heard its great alternative rock with a twist(I only saw a few covers and their official website so far) from another music fan. :lol:
J_Howard

Postby kaji » Wed May 12, 2004 11:49 am

J_Howard wrote::Ayumi Hamasaki-(Great voice, wonderful pitch)

Really?, I think she sings kind of nasaly some times... But thats just me.
I like her anyway. ^^
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby PreventerWind » Wed May 19, 2004 1:41 pm

J-Pop ... Ayumi Hamasaki!!!
PreventerWind

Postby Ren_sama » Tue May 25, 2004 10:33 pm

blkmage wrote:The Gundam SEED OPs and EDs (these are great)

OOOH I love the Gundam Seed Ops and Eds~!
I essp. love the first ending song~! ^.^
Ren_sama

Postby TrigunX89 » Sat May 29, 2004 2:55 pm

Let's see here... I haven't heard very much J-Rock/Pop, but I like some songs from the Pillows, and I like Simple and Clean by Hikaru Utada. Also Through the Night, the opening to Outlaw Star, rocks! Anyone know who does that song?

Oh, and I'm checkin' out the Mad Capsule Markets right now, and I'm liking what I'm hearing. (Thanks, Dr.Nik!)
TrigunX89

Postby Ren_sama » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:18 pm

Anyone heard of Asian Kung-Fu Generation? I've heard two of their songs...from what I heard, they're really good!! ^_^ Anyone know how much Cd's they have out?
Ren_sama

Postby Xeno » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:57 pm

I love Dir en Grey, L'arc~en~Ciel, Mr. Children, Ayumi Hamasaki, LOVE PSYCHODELICO, the Seatbelts, the Pillows, Shiina Ringo, X-Japan and others.
Xeno

Previous

Return to Jam Session