Are you in a band or music team?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Are you in a band or music team?

Postby Mave » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:33 pm

Hey, I know this isn't about another band/genre of music...but I was wondering who in CAA is actually involved in a band or in a music ministry?

I play keyboard and occasionally worship lead in a small international student Christian fellowship. I sometimes play guitar for small groups but at this point I'm not really good at it yet (I can only strum very basic chords. Those like G#m, B, C#m, Bb, and F (non-open chords, you call em?) give me a headache.... :sweat:
Mave

Postby Mr. Rogers » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:24 pm

i play the bass guitar in the church worship thingy on sunday
Mr. Rogers

Postby Shinja » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:46 pm

i used to have a band, saddy i dont, but im hoping i can still get one started before im finnished with collage.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby shooraijin » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:58 pm

Does playing air guitar in the shower count? :grin:

I used to be on the worship team at the church I went to in San Diego (keyboards, occasional solo piano), and I sort of do fill-in at the church I'm at now for piano, although they've converted to a contemporary style with a different set of people in recent months meaning I've been "out of work," more or less.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mave » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:55 pm

awesome, so we DO have musicians here! ;) well, I say, Keep up the great job and those who have ambitions to do so, Keep the dream alive!

Sure, air guitar works as well! hahahaha I do that many times too, fantasying how I'll become a great christian musician.. I want to learn how to arrange music and become a music director. :thumb:
Mave

Postby Ashley » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:25 pm

Well...my brother is lead guitarist for the worship team, and back when I had time, I ran the sound board for them. So I guess I was in the worship team by proxy. :lol:
Ashley

Postby LorentzForce » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:35 pm

i was in my school choir. i was forced and conscripted **** it! the teachers actually interviewed each one of us to sing (it was compulsory) and i was one of around 30 from the grade who went to the choir. naturally, i quit after a year, but some of them seems to be one of the main people who sings/plays instruments at school events now.

so i guess i _was_ in a music team. i'd glad i won't join another one...
LorentzForce

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:58 pm

Hmm. I sing and play. (Ocasionally at the same time. But It's much better when I don't. :lol:) I like bass better, but I'm playing guitar more these days.
Mithrandir

Postby Mineko » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:31 am

*sad* Before I quit everything, I was on the church worship team, and the youth worship band. Then, my family left that particular church, and the youth worship band has practices on bad days, so... Yeah. I'm "officially" in a band that hasn't "officially" met yet, though. It should be fun if it ever gets started, but all of the people on it have conflicting schedules. I love playing keyboards, though. I always had fun doing that.
It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass.
Mineko

Postby EireWolf » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:10 am

I sing on the worship team.
EireWolf

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:04 am

I play violin in the school orchestra.......
In a world shrouded in mystery, the winds of change begin to blow.

A proud member of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Wars and Darklight: Chronicles of Tairis.

"I'm a warrior-hero-adventurer-goddess who CAN'T SWIM, okay?!?!" ~Skye of Lynlora, from the video game Darkened Skye
Taslin_Jewel

Postby Tet-chan » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:04 pm

I play the saxaphone and i am in the school jazz band
Tet-chan

Postby Orange Kitten » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:15 pm

Used to be in a 9 person swing band called Swing Line Nine. That was back in the day.
Me = Drums
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby Straylight » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:12 am

I mix records together and make tunes..
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Rachel » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:35 pm

I sing in a band that myself and a friend started. Our name is actually Convoy Butterfly. We could use a good bass player, so if any of you live in the north texas area...
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Raskle » Fri May 28, 2004 3:38 pm

I play keys on a music team at my church here in the north. Sing occasionally. I really really really wish I was in a band. It'll happen someday.

I learned to run a soundboard when I was 10, and have helped my Daddy playing gigs at camps and churches since near that same time. grown up as a roadie and "manager"
Raskle

Postby Zedian » Mon May 31, 2004 12:03 am

I used to play drums when I was younger and right around 12 I helped my dad's friends with their bands...setting up Power Amps and adjusting sound settings like Eq and such. I attempted a band in high school but it just didn't work out, as I best say we all wanted something different for our music. So getting together and playing in my friend's den was next to impossible to do without resorting to debate and confliction.

Now, I just hold my own playing guitar on my own...not in front of anyone. I even had aspirations of being a singer and dancing on stage but um....I would probably just scream in a 'screamo' kinda fashion. As if we need more of that huh ?
Zedian

Postby Sephiroth » Mon May 31, 2004 1:41 am

I don't play anything, because i suck at musical instruments, but i'm one of my Church's Audio Technicians, wich is alota fun, (most days, hehe) and am doing a University Honours degree in Audio Tech, and Multimedia
Largo (Megatokyo): "Its this thing... and its like, cool... and it does things... cool things!"

Ph34r t3h Cu73 0n3z!
Sephiroth

Postby Nightshade X » Mon May 31, 2004 3:22 am

I play guitar for my church's youth group and college-career group. I sing as well... though my sister, who also sings, wishes I didn't...
Nightshade X

Postby Master Kenzo » Mon May 31, 2004 4:40 am

As of last Thursday, I play electric guitar at youth. I don't do much, however, and we need to get together and actually practice.
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby Hitokiri » Mon May 31, 2004 5:17 am

me and my friend are trying to get together a "band". We need a guitarist and a bassist who can play Screamo/Heavy Metal music. Thing is we really dont want to do a band cause we don't want to commit to anything quite yet. But we are planning on releasing a c.d. and we ar eplanning of naming ourselves "Agony Followed by Grace".
Hitokiri

Postby antefurem » Mon May 31, 2004 12:01 pm

I'm a singer on the praise team...

Harmonics are my thing. :)

Trying to play guitar... but bar chords keep appearing in every song I see! ... I don't like bar chords...
antefurem

Postby Hitokiri » Mon May 31, 2004 7:42 pm

antefurem wrote:Harmonics are my thing. :)

Screaming is my thing :lol: .

Me and my friend go togther an dpicked 4 songs that I wrote and 4 what he wrote. We might change the lineup though....like maybe add newer songs or maybe tweak them.
Hitokiri

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:56 pm

I play piano for my church at home and at school, and also lead/sing/play piano for the praise team at my church at school. Might sound impressive, but it's pretty low key, since it's a small church, but I love it.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Return to Jam Session