mxPx

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

mxPx

Postby Knives » Mon May 24, 2004 5:49 pm

Hey, i heard this band was a christian punk band. But then a friend told me they were emo. Is this true????
Knives

Postby brantelg » Mon May 24, 2004 5:54 pm

I choose to believe that they are punk! Rock On!
brantelg

Postby Zedian » Mon May 24, 2004 7:50 pm

I usually kick label cans around but if I MUST categorize. They are punk actually, "lets go to the punk rawk show".
Zedian

Postby Knives » Tue May 25, 2004 10:13 am

so its punk... is it deppressing music/lyrics
Knives

Postby Angelchick » Tue May 25, 2004 1:05 pm

not really. i wouldn't say there lyrics are depressing..
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Stephen » Tue May 25, 2004 3:37 pm

I would call them immature....but such is the case with all pop punk bands. Its a shame the term punk is smeared by such bands.
Stephen

Postby Hikage_Ninja » Tue May 25, 2004 6:19 pm

MxPx...well their earlier stuff is a lot more punk than their newer stuff would would be catagorized under "pop punk." (Happy punk, as I prefer to call it.) If you want to try them out, I seriously would check out their earlier songs. They're a lot better in my opinion.
...And I'm just tired enough...if I close my eyes, I could sleep for days... -Alkaline Trio

He's Bear, he's Bear. He's made of human hair. Poke his NOSE and his head GROWS! He's Bear, He's Bear, HE'S BEAR!!

BOOOOOARGH! MY BAND!
Hikage_Ninja

Postby Knives » Wed May 26, 2004 11:24 am

what do you mean by immature?
Knives

Postby Hikage_Ninja » Wed May 26, 2004 3:10 pm

Well...in my thoughts...their songs aren't very serious. They're more for amusement... Their lyrics aren't very serious, or thought provoking or anything... They're just a fun band, that's not too deep or whatever.
...And I'm just tired enough...if I close my eyes, I could sleep for days... -Alkaline Trio

He's Bear, he's Bear. He's made of human hair. Poke his NOSE and his head GROWS! He's Bear, He's Bear, HE'S BEAR!!

BOOOOOARGH! MY BAND!
Hikage_Ninja

Postby Knives » Thu May 27, 2004 11:26 am

Oh, ok kinda like relient k?
Knives

Postby Hikage_Ninja » Mon May 31, 2004 11:51 am

Um...not quite. They have a different sound than Relient K. They've got a slightly "harder" sound than Relient K, especially with their older stuff, which is more along the lines of punk...whereas Relient K has always been pop punk.

As for their lyrics...they're differen too. Hm...Relient K is more like...either quite religious, or just downright goofy...but never really about relationships.

MxPx does deal with relationships but more in a silly way. It's hard to explain. Someone else might be able to lay it out for you better. Still...I'd say check out their older stuff...'tis much better.

BOOOOOARGH! MY BAND!
Hikage_Ninja

Return to Jam Session