Michelle Branch!!!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Michelle Branch!!!

Postby brantelg » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:09 pm

I recently checked out Michelle Branch's first CD out at the local library.
Needles to say, IT ROCKS!
I can't get enough of it. Anybody else like it?

Side Note: Her lyrics are so close to being Christian lyrics that, for most of her songs, if I didn't know she was secular, I would have thought she was a Christian artist.
brantelg

Postby PreventerWind » Wed May 19, 2004 1:47 pm

I'm a big Michelle Branch fan!!!

I think she is a wonderful song writer.

My favorite song from The Spirit Room is If Only She Knew and from Hotel Paper it's gotta be Empty Handed.

I was all set to see her last October but she got ill and had to cancel a bunch of shows.

:sniffle:
PreventerWind

Postby Ashley » Wed May 19, 2004 1:49 pm

I'm not the most dedicated Branch fan, but I do like her work. My favorite song from her first cd is the popular (ok, read: overplayed) everywhere. I liked her second album a lot better though--Breathe and Are You Happy Now were some really good ones.
Ashley

Postby Kkun » Wed May 19, 2004 8:12 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Michelle Branch, but I do have The Spirit Room. To be honest, I only wanted the CD after Everywhere was stuck in my head and because, well...she's cute. :sweat: But after I did get the CD, I enjoyed it for a while, but it was competing with Blindside's A Thought Crushed My Mind for time in my CD player when I got it...and Michelle may be cute..but Blindside won that race. I should listen to The Spirit Room again..sometime..
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Stephen » Wed May 19, 2004 8:54 pm

I love her stuff...got a couple of her cds. In an era of mindless pop and musical crap, she is doing some pretty cool stuff. Quote the Nova, nevermore. (laughs)
Stephen

Return to Jam Session