A Final Fantasy concert at last!!!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

A Final Fantasy concert at last!!!

Postby Nightshade X » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:20 am

I don't know if anyone has heard about this, but in L.A. there's a Final Fantasy concert scheduled for May 10 of this year at the Disney Concert Hall. This is the first FF concert to ever hit US soil, so I'm really excited about it. Nobuo Uematsu himself is reportedly going to be there to compose it. I'm so happy!!! :lol:
Nightshade X

Postby Ren_sama » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:22 pm

REAly? Thats AWESOME...
Man, I wanna go...T_T
Tell us how i is~! ^_^
Ren_sama

Postby Benu » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:23 pm

I wanna go too but the tickets prices look like there going too be outrageous. Comparing them with the normal prices they charge at the concert hall for tickets. Save up your pennys kids.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:09 am

That's awesome! L.A., eh? Well, if I wasn't on the other side of America, I'd go in a heart beat.
Link Antilles

Postby Siren of Lyrics » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:25 am

I just left LA :(
"The Great Mizuti never lie. Only sometimes. Occationally. Every now and then."
~The Great Mizuti from Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

"Cast your eyes on the ocean,
Cast your soul to the sea.
When the dark night seems endless,
Please remember me."
Dante's Prayer by Loreena McKennitt

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
Siren of Lyrics

Postby Debitt » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:13 pm

I'm a few hours away from LA....maybe I should look into this. ^_^

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Nightshade X » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:18 pm

Cheapest tickets are 40 bucks. I need cash...
Nightshade X

Postby Debitt » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:59 pm

...the cheapest tickets still LEFT are 85 dollars a pop. x_x;;;

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby MasterDias » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:11 pm

I heard about this several days ago.

However, I don't live in L.A.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:17 pm

Sorry but yall are too lat
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Nightshade X » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:30 am

I'm a bit too impressed to be completely ticked off. 3 days? Wow... maybe that'll make them consider doing another one?
Nightshade X

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:15 pm

I got tickets!!!
I owe my friend 85 bucks tho...
I'll give a review of the concert later.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Benu » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:52 am

Man I wanna go but I don't have the money.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

The Concert!

Postby mechana2015 » Tue May 11, 2004 1:02 am

I saw it... oh... my... can't breathe...warning... hyperbolie ahead.
Needless to say the concert was INCREDIBLE.
First off the concert was performed by the LA Philharmonic and the LA Master Chorale. This alone Pushed the concert into high realms of perfomance, and the excellent Disney Concert hall made every note have a quality that had to be heard to be believed. I have seen many concerts of this type in my life, but never one so well responded to and so well produced.

The Disney Concert Hall was packed on our arrival. My friend Jocelyn, her brother, and her friend Morgan got in line for programs (These were also de-facto art books and histories of the whole Final Fantasy Series, as much as Nobou had worked on.)
While we were waiting we gained our first realization of how big this event truely was. Morgan Webb, one of the hosts of X-Play on tech TV was spotted. She also saw us (both girls were in corsets and solid black pants/dresses, I was in a solid black suit). Morgan (Webb) singled out Morgan and interviewed her.

We entered the concert hall 5 minutes before the show started, and were sucked into the show with FF VIII's Liberi Fatali. The MC, the voice of Tidus, from FFX, came out and introduced the next three songs, Zanarkand (FFX), Terra's Theme (FF VI) and the Theme of Love (FF IV), They then played the concerts title song, Dear Friends (FF V) featuring a guitar soloist, who stayed through the next Vamo' Alla Flamenco (FF IX) and played beautifully. The first half of the concert ended with Love Grows from FF VIII.

Intermission was taken up by conversation, and thoughts on the concert so far and speculation on the coming music.

We returned to the hall and were brought back into the concert with Aeris Theme from FF VII, stirring, especially considering that they played animations throughout the concert and brought the music, through the animations even more to life than it was through the music (and the music alone was so good it could nearly be felt in the air). The concert continued with Not Alone from IX, then Ronafure from XI. Next off was a medley from I through III. We were quite happy so far, but the crowd went wild MID-SONG at five notes, first laughing then cheering. The middle of the medly was none other than the famous chocabo song! (obvously a big favorite on my part V >.< V) Next up was quite a surprise...NEW music from Final Fantasy Advent Children. This quite made up, (we decided) for a lack of One Winged Angel, our most beloved song, which we found missing from the program.

The final song, Final Fantasy passed too quickly and the concert appeared to be over. The conductor said his thanks and left the stage.
The crowd continued applause, and the conductor returned.
We expected a encore.
But we got better.
The conductor called Nobou Uematsu, the composer of every song that we had heard that night, up onto the stage. The room was ecstatic. Nobou spoke through a translator for a while then made the second most electrifying announcment of the night. He was calling up to the stage two of his greatest friends, Yoshitaka Amano, the main visual designer of all things Final Fantasy, and Sakaguchi the father of the series and everything in it. The hall exploded. Both made speeches then left the stage to yet another standing ovation.

At that moment the most electrifying thing of night occurred.
The conductor lept to the stand swept his hands up and began ONE WINGED ANGEL as the finale encore...with video from VII following right along...unannounced and unnoted in the program.
Stunning.
This was the end of the concert... and an amazing concert it was.

Theres the review I promised!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Aka-chan » Tue May 11, 2004 1:05 am

I'm so jealous!! I'm hyperventilating just reading your review; I'm obsessed with Final Fantasy music!!! Duuuuuude, that's awesome!! Wow...
Aka-chan

Postby Benu » Tue May 11, 2004 6:24 pm

Lucky you!
Benu

Postby blkmage » Tue May 11, 2004 6:36 pm

*cries*

I live in Canada, the neglected. Oh woe.

I wish I could have been there. Sounds amazing.
blkmage

Postby Retten » Wed May 12, 2004 9:20 am

waaaaaah I wanted to go If only I lived in California -_-

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Return to Jam Session