!Hero- The rock opera

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

!Hero- The rock opera

Postby Bunny » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:12 pm

Just picked up this cd. At first I wasn't sure what the deal was but it I've got to say it. This cd rocks! It's more than music, it's like the story of a modern-day Jesus like you would hear it told in the streets of New York. Electric guitars and striking vocals paint the love of Christ all over a vivid cityscape in a way that makes you want to throw down whatever you're doing and get undignified with your praises. You guys have got to give this a listen. Great stuff!
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby martinloyola » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:49 pm

hmmm....I've wanted to listen to some of it for a while now, I like Tait, so I figured he might do a good job singing, ummm does it just have the songs (the cd I mean) or does it have some of teh dialogue too?
Vash: In the end...he just couldn't kill a man in cold blood. His daughter's murder goes unpunished. Call him weak, but...it saved both of us.

want to tell your fantasy or science fiction story and need help, try here :cool:

Headbangers United :rock:
martinloyola

Postby Bunny » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:28 am

There's some dialogue between songs but it's mostly to music. It's literally like an opera.
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Icarus » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:00 pm

There was a thread on this a while back, but what the hey.

I have it, and my favorite song is "Raised in Harlem," the twelfth track on the first disc.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Bunny » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:48 pm

O.O really? I missed that one.

That's my fav too! ^_^

Bunny

Return to Jam Session