Alice Cooper

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Alice Cooper

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:31 pm

I've known about him for a long time, being one of the big old school rock icons, but I only in the last few months 'discovered' him when on an impulse I decided to check out some of his more recent stuff.

Currently I own Brutal Planet, Dragontown, Along Came a Spider, The Last Temptation and a cd containing some of his older hits, and I must say he's quite AMAZING.

I'm certain I'm not the only fan here? Recent or otherwise?
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Stephen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:39 pm

I heard some stuff off Brutal Planet and adored it. I really need to get that album.
Stephen

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:47 pm

Stephen (post: 1269902) wrote:I heard some stuff off Brutal Planet and adored it. I really need to get that album.

Even though I've only owned it for about a week or so I would already stick it in my personal top 10.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:12 am

Not only one of the most excellent musicians, but a believer to boot.
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby The Liar XIII » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:04 pm

I went to see Cooper live in concert a while ago.
Honestly, I am a BIG Alice Cooper fan. And he is actually a VERY big Christian.
Also, he was friends with one of my idols; Jim Morrison.

By far, my favourite album by Cooper is "Welcome to My Nightmare". The Steven Character is possibly the best character created on an album since Pink (From Pink Floyd's The Wall).
If I get a chance, I'll post some pictures of the concert too.

By the way, anyone ever hear his song "The Ballad of Dwight Fry"? That si the song that actually inspired the Steven Character.
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby Lady Kenshin » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:41 am

I would never have guessed he was Christian... well, you learn something new every day!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's okay to be a fanfiction author... http://www.fanfiction.net/~loveslabourswon
Lady Kenshin

Postby The Liar XIII » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 am

Lady Kenshin (post: 1274425) wrote:I would never have guessed he was Christian... well, you learn something new every day!

Haha, yeah.. His father is a priest.
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Return to Jam Session