DGK Radio - For the Drum N Bass lovers

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

DGK Radio - For the Drum N Bass lovers

Postby djecliptik » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:25 pm

We here at DGK radio provide a safe haven for Christian DnB lovers, who just like hardcore, yet soft, inspiring dance music. We are in the process of moving the show to a new owner in Miami, FL which will give us real FM airplay on a Christian Latino Radio Station.

Until CastTheFire.com makes this big tremendous move, here is a podcast link for your enjoyment. :thumb:

http://dgkradio.metamixmusic.com/
Psalms 33:3 - "Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise."

"A DJ who doesn't Dance, is like a writer who doesn't read." ~Ecliptik

djecliptik

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:45 am

Impressive mixing so far! I'm not sure where all this stuff about Drum & Bass being "soft and soothing" music when its harsh cyberpunk rhythms and textures stand neck and neck with Industrial for being some of the harshest electronic music around. Ok, so the dub space in the songs can be soothing, but the experience of listening as a whole seems more cathartic than relaxing.
GhostontheNet

Postby djecliptik » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:07 pm

Well, Drum N Bass is a more Hi-fidelity genre compared to your average techno. Deeper Bass hits with hard hitting snares, complex beats at a higher tempo, made to get you moving. For those who have been in the scene for quite a while, some of the tracks played are considered soft... that's not to say that its literally "soft" music, nor do I mean to come across that way.... :sweat: Thank you for pointing that out.

I do, however, want to say thank you for taking the time to listen and for your comments. And as I tell people, My style of mixing, is made to be hard-hitting with environmental melodies, that will take you on journeys through each mix, celebrating the good things in life, while battling out the bad. Most of my tracks of choice, I can relate to more, and want to share that experience with my audience. There is just too much music out there, and not all of it is good... so I take time out of my days to search and sample every new tune out there...even the older stuff that still hits hard, yet has been lost in the back catalogs.

And since we are Christian DJs, it makes it harder for us to find really good stuff that not only is all-age friendly, however, also pleasing to our Heavenly father, that will give him glory, in all that we do.

Like I said earlier, DGK is going through a transition period to move to a new station with a new owner, so It may take a lil bit to get us up and running at full speed again. http://www.castthefire.com was Birthed by Christopher Carl (also known as DJ 404) and currently, he is in a state of where the doctors say that his cancer is un-curable. He isn't given much time to live, and he's doing what he knows to do to keep CastTheFire going... He is a great friend of mine, even though we never met in person yet. However, I know good and well that he and his wife can really use your prayers at this time. If you would like to talk to him or send him a message, there is a thread on http://www.tastyfresh.com in the chill out section.

Thank you for taking the time to listen, and hope that you enjoy, and tell others about us, while keeping us in prayer.

~Ecliptik
Eric

djecliptik

Postby djecliptik » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:05 pm

Did I say soothing? ;)
You must understand... to the massive, some of what I play is considered soft, to the newcomer, that may not be the case. Occasionally, you'll come across some real heavy stuff in my sets. I would not consider it harsh since its electronic... I've heard rock music that sounds harsher. It's the Live DJ's job to bring out the full experience without it being harsh on the audience... so... anyways, thank you for taking a listen, and like I said before, we are in the process of making a transition to a new site, new owner... so I will post again when there is an update or another mix released for your enjoyment.

Love, Peace, & Chicken Grease,
~Ecliptik

djecliptik

Postby djecliptik » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:09 pm

Besides DGK Radio, be sure to check out these 2 forums dedicated to Christian Electronic Dance Music. I am an official member of both, and great things are happening, and some may be in an area near you. :)
http://www.tastyfresh.com
http://www.godsdjs.com

djecliptik

Return to Jam Session