Anberlin -- New Surrender

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby That Dude » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:28 pm

So, I'll give it a few more listens before I make my final judgement, but even though I like it, it doesn't come close to Cities, and I'd probably put it just under NTFP.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:28 pm

Finally got my copy in the mail today, with a SWEET 7" vinyl signed by the band that includes the Feel Good Drag and A Perfect Tourniquet. As I think I said in this thread a few months back, I held off on giving my full opinions to wait for the actual release, instead of just the leaked versions. This has given the album time to really sink in and grow on me, so here goes:

I love all the songs on the album. XDD The Resistance is awesome, and Breaking is the new Adelaide. XD SO catchy! Blame Me! Blame Me! is the same way, and Retrace is a great slower song. My opinion on Feel Good Drag remains--I like it, but I miss the screaming on "discourse your saving song." XD

Disappear is still one of my favorites from the album, and I love the lyrics in Breathe. Burn Out Brighter is the same way--when I first heard it, it wasn't my favorite, but the lyrics are really excellent, and that song in particular has grown on me over time. Younglife and Haight Street are both really reminiscent of NTFP for me, somehow. XD Soft Skeletons is awesome, and then Miserabile Visu (Ex Malo Bonum) is absolutely epic. I'm not sure if I like it as much as *Fin, but dang that is an awesome song. XD

Overall, Cities still has this CD beat. XD I think that, mixed with my nostalgia with Cities in my senior year, not to mention the fact that that CD is just incredible, it's no surprise that Cities is still my favorite Anberlin album. XD I really, really love New Surrender, though, and I cannot wait to get my hands on a turntable so I can hear the vinyl b-side. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:57 pm

I love this album to death.

I'm going to have to say it doesn't beat Cities, but all the songs are extremely memorable tracks.
I find it more enjoyable than Never Take Friendship Personal.
I never could get into that album as easily as the others.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:54 pm

The music video for Feel Good Drag is now up at yahoo music.

Ehhhhh.....
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Tommy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:55 pm

What's wrong with it?
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:38 pm

Anberlin is a sellout band.
This video explains why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSE1zJeipFs
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:44 pm

TeeLay (post: 1267186) wrote:Anberlin is a sellout band.
This video explains why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSE1zJeipFs

LOL, I saw that video a month or so ago. XD It's pretty hilarious. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:22 pm

That video just made my life.
Or at least my week, XD.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Tommy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:55 am

So I saw Anberlin on Halloween last night.
That was simply one of the most amazing concerts I've ever had the privilege of attending.
A 15 song set concluding with "Godspeed" and then an encore with "(the symphony of) blase" and wrapping up the entire show with the epic "Fin."

Only thing that show lacked was "Readyfuels" but they played so many amazing songs that I don't mind either way.
Great show.

Oh, and by the way, during "Unwinding Cable Car", Stephen Christian held a single note for 30 seconds and pretty much everyone in the crowd was in sheer awe including me.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:07 pm

aghdagjdaksgj Anberlin's gonna be like, 30 minutes from me on that tour on Wednesday Nov. 5th. I want to go SO much, but chances are I'll have to miss it unless I can get some people to come with me at the last minute. Sounds like an incredible show; sucks that I might have to miss out!

Radical Dreamer

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:02 pm

[quote="Radical Dreamer (post: 1267534)"]aghdagjdaksgj Anberlin's gonna be like, 30 minutes from me on that tour on Wednesday Nov. 5th. I want to go SO much, but chances are I'll have to miss it unless I can get some people to come with me at the last minute. Sounds like an incredible show]

Ah! I'd go if I could, that's only a few hours from me, but we're going to a concert on the 6th and 8th already, and I think I'm the only one in my house that likes Anberlin. Otherwise I might be going to that too.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Tommy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:54 am

Well Corrie I hope you manage to be able to go.

They put on a really fun show.

The moshpit got a little crazy during Godspeed and this is coming from a kid that use to love going to hardcore shows so yeah.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Previous

Return to Jam Session