New Copeland -- You Are My Sunshine

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

New Copeland -- You Are My Sunshine

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:19 pm

Copeland's new album, You Are My Sunshine, is scheduled for release October 14th! Epic!

http://www.youaremysunshinealbum.com/

http://www.runrightbacktothestart.com/

Viral ads FTW! I'm so excited about all the good music coming out; I just hope I have the money to spend on all of it! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby That Dude » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:43 pm

This one has me excited...I still need to pick up "Dressed Up And In Line" as well...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:17 pm

They have a new song from the upcoming CD on their myspace now. "The Grey Man" I'm liking it quite a bit.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:05 am

Here's another one you can listen to:

http://spin.com/audio/copeland/safest-ledge

One word. Eisley. OGMDSGHG.
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby That Dude » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:12 am

We seem to be the only two posting on here. anyway I was interested to find out that the new CD is being released by Tooth And Nail.
That Dude

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:53 pm

Awesomeness! I haven't been keeping up with all the new music coming out lately. :( There are so many new CDs I would love to pick up this month. ARGH. OMG Eisley is on that track!? I'm sold.
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby Tommy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:50 pm

I'm pumped for this.
BTW, weirdest moment in music:

Copeland-Black Hole Sun (cover)
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby That Dude » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:28 pm

It is an interesting song for them to cover.
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:52 pm

So I finally picked up a hardcopy of this yesterday!

I love it. XD It's not as sleepy as Eat, Sleep, Repeat (thank goodness), but it still has that mellow, perfect-for-Fall-weather feel to it. I adore it. XD

Also, I found out that Eisley is actually NOT singing on this record; it's Rae Cassidy. Check out her other songs here:

http://www.myspace.com/raecassidy

I really like her stuff; I hope she has an album so I can own some of it. XD Anyways, I definitely think that Copeland's new album is lots better than ESR, different from BTMT and In Motion, but still amazing. <333. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:59 pm

I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND I LOVE RAE CASSIDY.

i want her voice. its sooo pretty. she needs a cd like rite NAO.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby That Dude » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:46 pm

I'm really liking it. Not quite as much as ESR, but it doesn't disappoint at all.
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:07 am

I'm pumped to hear this.

I don't understand why people give "Eat, Sleep, Repeat" so much crap for being boring.
I found "Beneath Medicine Tree" (with the exception of "Walking Downtown" just as, if not, more boring).

I'm not saying I find anything by Copeland boring.
It's just a mellow band, and I have to be in the mood for it.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:16 am

TeeLay (post: 1265946) wrote:I'm pumped to hear this.

I don't understand why people give "Eat, Sleep, Repeat" so much crap for being boring.
I found "Beneath Medicine Tree" (with the exception of "Walking Downtown" just as, if not, more boring).

I'm not saying I find anything by Copeland boring.
It's just a mellow band, and I have to be in the mood for it.

I just found ESR less musically interesting. I didn't hate it or even really dislike it, but it's still my least favorite of Copeland's albums and I really have to be in the mood to hear it. XD You Are My Sunshine still has that slower mood, but it's done so much better than ESR, and it's really, really gorgeous. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Tommy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:55 pm

I got this CD today.
It's very soothing, and pretty sounding.

The songs aren't as memorable as those found on "In Motion", but it's still a beautifully composed album.
Rae Cassidy was an excellent choice for guest vocals.

but it's still my least favorite of Copeland's albums and I really have to be in the mood to hear it.

I have to be in the mood to listen to any CD by Copeland. XD
I don't know.
I just liked "Eat, Sleep, Repeat" in general.

I probably would have to agree it's my least favorite of the four as well but I do find Beneath Medicine Tree more sleepy with the exception of some songs.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Return to Jam Session