newweezerweezerweezerweezerleaked!!!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

newweezerweezerweezerweezerleaked!!!

Postby Kkun » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:43 am

I'm not sure if there are any Weezer fans around here but I'm of the opinion that Pinkerton is one of the single greatest albums of all time so imagine my surprise when I went to listen to the leak of the new single and found that it had that familiar crunch that got me into Weezer in the first place. I'm so excited. This is the Weezer I know and love. Oh, goody. Someone please join me in being excited? June 24th can't get here fast enough. A new Weezer album for the summer? Amen.

http://www.weerez.com/atnw/weezer_pork_n_beans.mp3
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:35 am

I love it.

When I heard "Beverly Hills" I thought they were gonna be like that forever.

Pinkerton is amazing and this new song kinda reminds me of it.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Kkun » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:00 pm

It's so great!

The lyrics are really happy. It's kind of funny.
Kkun

Postby Kkun » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:36 pm

You've failed me, Jam Session, except for Tom. He knows where it's at.
Kkun

Postby Kurama » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:39 pm

Wow! Not bad at all!!! I like it. ^^ and I have NOT FAILED YOU! =P
:hugs Kkun: Thanks for sharing!
Kurama

Postby Kkun » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:54 pm

Yeah, it rules so hard. I can't stop listening to it.

When I first heard it, I thought "Man, that is such a...a...a WEEZER chorus!"
Kkun

Postby Tommy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:36 pm

I shed a tear of joy the size of Africa. =)
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:12 am

Catchy song, reminds me of a tango :D

The first time I ever heard the band Weezer was when I "borrowed" one of my sister's mix tapes. The song butterfly was on it. Needless to say once I heard it I was hooked at 9 years of age. ^__^ Though I didn't get a chance to own any of their albums until I was older.

I love the songs Buddy Holly, Island In The Sun, The Good Life, and their newer releases. It wouldn't be summer without Weezer.
yukoxholic

Postby Kkun » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:52 am

yukoxholic (post: 1219073) wrote:Catchy song, reminds me of a tango :D

The first time I ever heard the band Weezer was when I "borrowed" one of my sister's mix tapes. The song butterfly was on it. Needless to say once I heard it I was hooked at 9 years of age. ^__^ Though I didn't get a chance to own any of their albums until I was older.

I love the songs Buddy Holly, Island In The Sun, The Good Life, and their newer releases. It wouldn't be summer without Weezer.

SERIOUSLY. I totally associate Weezer with summer. I'm really excited about this album. What's your favorite by them? I'm partial to Pinkerton though The Blue Album and Maladroit are close. Golly, June can't get here fast enough.
Kkun

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Kkun (post: 1219095) wrote:SERIOUSLY. I totally associate Weezer with summer. I'm really excited about this album. What's your favorite by them? I'm partial to Pinkerton though The Blue Album and Maladroit are close. Golly, June can't get here fast enough.

Yeah, there's something about unbearable heat, vacations, and Weezer that makes summer seem whole. :)

Their Pinkerton album was all right. It wasn't my favorite but it had a lot of gems on it. The Green Album I still to this day can't stop listening too and I loved Maladroit the song Keep Fishin' with the Muppets video was awesome and their latest (until the new album drops) Make Believe.
yukoxholic

Postby Kkun » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:29 pm

I think what I love about Pinkerton is just how raw and honest it is. I think it was born out of a lot of frustration and angst on Rivers' part because he had just undergone an operation to have one of his legs lengthened. That album was also interesting because a lot of people hated it at first and then it got recognition like....six or seven years after it was released. It has a lot of my favorite Weezer songs on it, though. :3

I'm glad someone else likes Maladroit. That album catches a lot more flak than it deserves...it was like their Van Halen record. It has some really good songs on it.

The Green Album didn't impress me as much...it has some good stuff on it, but I'm just not really into it. Make Believe is kind of the same. It has some songs I really like and then some songs that I just can't get into.
Kkun

Return to Jam Session