listening to music in a different way...

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

listening to music in a different way...

Postby 4m3r1c4 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:24 pm

shake your head while listening to music and it'll sounds different...or go to a different room in the house and it could sound different/ try listening to a a song through a fan and trying to hum to the song through the fan too. haha its funny it'd be cool if we could record some of these things...
4m3r1c4

Postby Yokuo » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:09 pm

Um... ok?
If you ever need someone to talk to, or to pray for you, or to disciple you, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Wow... I haven't been on here in like 2 years o_O

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
My rose is silver, instead of red!
Yokuo

Postby Stephen » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:26 pm

Moved to the music area.
Stephen

Postby dragonshimmer » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:59 pm

Oh good, I'm not crazy. Well....at least not this time. I've noticed this a lot lately, especially with Copeland songs. I play songs on my computer, which is in my living room. If I go to my bedroom and shut the door, it's like the pitch changes. If I come back out and get to the computer again, it's like the pitch changes again. I know it doesn't really and that it has something to do with location and acoustics all, but still.

And I spent a lot of my high school career singing into fans when I was bored ^^;;
dragonshimmer

Postby Stephen » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:48 pm

The band Billy Talent did that to me. On the radio the singer sounds one way...but on CD players its different. Somthing in either the speakers...or my insane brain.
Stephen

Postby Yokuo » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:57 pm

...both XD

jk
If you ever need someone to talk to, or to pray for you, or to disciple you, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Wow... I haven't been on here in like 2 years o_O

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
My rose is silver, instead of red!
Yokuo

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:31 am

dude...i always shake my head when i listen to music...it's nothing new to me...lol the fan huh? lol sounds fun...and steve...yes...yes you are insane. XD;;
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby TrigunX89 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:22 am

I don't think I've ever tried the fan thing... That reminds me of Tommy Boy though. :D

Shake my head while listening? Hmm... I know I've nodded or slightly headbanged. I never noticed a difference in sound though. Maybe I'll try these things some day when I'm bored.
TrigunX89

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:36 pm

I have noticed that some songs sound different when either I'm just sitting here like this or at the gym or something.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby 4m3r1c4 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:44 am

i cant see how you were sitting when you said "when either I'm just sitting here like this" which was a long long time ago but anyways, I havent shaken my head while listening to music but I have come a long way in discovering new ways to listen to music and also new music to listen to...in those new ways of listening to it. yay!
..::||X++AXENIK++X||::..
4m3r1c4

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:04 pm

4m3r1c4 (post: 526837) wrote:shake your head while listening to music and it'll sounds different...or go to a different room in the house and it could sound different/ try listening to a a song through a fan and trying to hum to the song through the fan too. haha its funny it'd be cool if we could record some of these things...
Golly, you'd think fans of Heavy Metal music have been headbanging to their music for many years now, but evidently such esoteric mysteries have remained undiscovered until now. At any rate, if you really want to start listening to music in a different way, learn to pay attention to the way music fills a space (like different kinds of rooms and whatnot), and how changing the music affects the way that space itself feels, or alterately, how changing the space affects the way the music feels.
GhostontheNet

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:14 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]To me, music sounds different when I have my earbuds on outside while mowing the grass. When I get to a particular point under the tree, the music slows down for some reason. The tempo gets slower. It's wild...[/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:13 pm

I have actually noticed at moments that music I'm listening to seems slightly slower than normal. I believe that at those moments I am actually at my most alert. It's an interesting phenomenon - almost feels like a micro-scale "bullet time" effect. My reflexes are still pathetic, though. XD

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Return to Jam Session