Lead Me To The Cross - Hillsong

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Lead Me To The Cross - Hillsong

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:16 pm

This is one of my favorite songs by any group, period. It is very powerful and moving, and I decided it needed a thread all of its own. The Hillsong version is wonderful, but it is a shame that I cannot get a recording of my favorite version of it. The BYG Band - the youth band at my church, does a much better job of it, in my opinion. The lead singer is one of my closest friends, and her way of singing it has never failed to raise chill bumps on my arms. Even the lyrics are powerful:

"Lead me to the cross
Where your love poured out"

That single line caused me to realize even more how much of a sacrifice our Savior paid for us, and how much He loved us. All of His love was in every drop of blood that he spilled that day - in every drop that poured out of His precious body. We need never forget how blessed we are, and how much our Father loves us.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Warrior4Christ » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:28 am

I love this song too. I love the lyrics - you've summed it up well.

I'm generally quite impressed with the quality of song versions that Hillsong United have put out lately, so it's hard to imagine someone else doing a "much better job at it"... just my opinion.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Return to Jam Session