Any Suggestions o.o

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Any Suggestions o.o

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:25 pm

As most already know, I'm really into J-pop. Especially the ones with those ancient Asian instruments. Like the Chinese Fiddle and others I can't seem to think of the names right now ^ ^;

Some examples of the types of J-pop I like :)
Viola by Hitomi Shimatani
Kohaku by Makuni Shimokawa
Aizome by Savage Genius
Chijou no Seiza by Youko Ueno
Tabibito by Satomi Takasugi
Sakitama by Rin'
Fuhen by Rin
Kimi ga Tame by Suara
Mousuka by Suara
Rakuen no Tobira by Yamato
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby jaems-kun » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:53 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1202101) wrote:Especially the ones with those ancient Asian instruments.

Yoshida brothers?

Waitaminute... jpop with Chinese fiddles? Something's amiss!
jaems-kun

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:04 pm

I'm into the violin sound to ^ ^ I guess the Chinese Fiddle reminds me of the violin, but more dramatic sounding :) As if someone's crying :sniffle:

I shall look them up :) Thank you ^ ^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby yukoxholic » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:40 pm

You should check out some Korean/Chinese Artists like:

F.I.R - Fairytale In Reality
Sung Si Kyung/SG Wannabe/MC The Max ... alot of the K-Drama artists have songs with heavily laden violin within them.
Loveholic
Jay Chou (The November Chopin and Still Fantasy Albums)
Misty Blue
The Melody
Dong Bang Shin Ki (Check into their newer stuff)
Hacken Lee & Gigi Leung

For Japanese:

Kanon (not to be confused with the anime ^__^) She's very classical.
Suemitsu & The Suemith he's more piano though >__<

For American:

I highly, HIGHLY, recommend Jade from Sweetbox or just plain "Sweetbox" all of her songs are based off of classical compositions but have pop lyrics.

As well as Kristine Sa (Hopeless Romantic)...which has the "Chinese fiddle"/Asian instrumental sounding vibe :)

That's all I can really think of at the moment....I hope that helps you out some. ^__^;;
yukoxholic

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:47 pm

[quote="yukoxholic (post: 1202255)"]You should check out some Korean/Chinese Artists like:

F.I.R - Fairytale In Reality
Sung Si Kyung/SG Wannabe/MC The Max ... alot of the K-Drama artists have songs with heavily laden violin within them.
Loveholic
Jay Chou (The November Chopin and Still Fantasy Albums)
Misty Blue
The Melody
Dong Bang Shin Ki (Check into their newer stuff)
Hacken Lee & Gigi Leung

For Japanese:

Kanon (not to be confused with the anime ^__^) She's very classical.
Suemitsu & The Suemith he's more piano though >__<

For American:

I highly, HIGHLY, recommend Jade from Sweetbox or just plain "Sweetbox" all of her songs are based off of classical compositions but have pop lyrics.

As well as Kristine Sa (Hopeless Romantic)...which has the "Chinese fiddle"/Asian instrumental sounding vibe :)

That's all I can really think of at the moment....I hope that helps you out some. ^__^]

*Huggles Aki* Thank you so much :) I shall check them all out :) Wow, sounds like we both are into the same type of music :) The guys of Dong Bang Shin Ki are so haowt ^ ^ They would be the real life Bishies \o.o/ Have you seen their video to "Triangle" ^ ^ They remind me of game characters in that video. Mainly Final Fantasy ones for some reason :grin:

Thank you so much again, Aki :hug:
Tsukuyomi

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:37 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1202465) wrote:*Huggles Aki* Thank you so much :) I shall check them all out :) Wow, sounds like we both are into the same type of music :) The guys of Dong Bang Shin Ki are so haowt ^ ^ They would be the real life Bishies \o.o/ Have you seen their video to "Triangle" ^ ^ They remind me of game characters in that video. Mainly Final Fantasy ones for some reason :grin:

Thank you so much again, Aki :hug:

Oh, you're very welcome! :hug: I told ya our music tastes are in sync :) and yes, the guys from DBSK are sweltering :sweat: Triangle is my all time favorite MV from them and yeah they do look like characters from video games. For some reason I always want to play Shenmue after watching it but now as I am watching it again yeah, they do look final fantasy character-ish! :D You should soo check out Jay Chou if you haven't already he is just as hot and has the best music ^__^
yukoxholic

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:44 pm

yukoxholic (post: 1202495) wrote:Oh, you're very welcome! :hug: I told ya our music tastes are in sync :) and yes, the guys from DBSK are sweltering :sweat: Triangle is my all time favorite MV from them and yeah they do look like characters from video games. For some reason I always want to play Shenmue after watching it but now as I am watching it again yeah, they do look final fantasy character-ish! :D You should soo check out Jay Chou if you haven't already he is just as hot and has the best music ^__^

I am so on it girl (right) \o.o/ Ooh, I checked out other songs from Sweetbox. I love the song "Everytime". I found the song and it's on my compy, but I really wanted the one with the long opening like the one on Youtube, but it's ok :D

Hee hee, my niece loves Dong Bang Shin Ki. She's likes the one with blue-ish back hair ^ ^
Tsukuyomi

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:52 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1202681) wrote:I am so on it girl (right) \o.o/ Ooh, I checked out other songs from Sweetbox. I love the song "Everytime". I found the song and it's on my compy, but I really wanted the one with the long opening like the one on Youtube, but it's ok :D

Hee hee, my niece loves Dong Bang Shin Ki. She's likes the one with blue-ish back hair ^ ^

LOL! Yes, I am a girl! ^__^ and that is so cute your niece likes Shim ChangMin (Max) at least I think that's the boy with the blue-ish hair! They're all so darn cute :D

Sweetbox is my all time favorite artist! Ever since I heard her in Final Fantasy X-2 singing "Real Emotion" and "1000 Words" she rocks in terms of mixing pop and classical music. It's sad though that she ditched the 'Sweetbox' name :(

In regards to the song Everytime I might be able to help you out in finding the version you like ^_~. It's an "Interlude" that than turns into the actual song :D Unless you mean the version of Everytime (All Grown Up Mix). Unforgiven (also another song with 2 versions...I like the Unreleased Demo Version) is a great song that mixes "Chinese Influence".
yukoxholic

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:08 pm

yukoxholic (post: 1202712) wrote:LOL! Yes, I am a girl! ^__^ and that is so cute your niece likes Shim ChangMin (Max) at least I think that's the boy with the blue-ish hair! They're all so darn cute :D

Sweetbox is my all time favorite artist! Ever since I heard her in Final Fantasy X-2 singing "Real Emotion" and "1000 Words" she rocks in terms of mixing pop and classical music. It's sad though that she ditched the 'Sweetbox' name :(

In regards to the song Everytime I might be able to help you out in finding the version you like ^_~. It's an "Interlude" that than turns into the actual song :D Unless you mean the version of Everytime (All Grown Up Mix). Unforgiven (also another song with 2 versions...I like the Unreleased Demo Version) is a great song that mixes "Chinese Influence".

Ooh, yes please \o.o/ Thank you for all of your help ^ ^ I do recall you stating that you were a girl in the chats, but I wanted to be extra sure :grin:

Jade has an amazing voice. In my opinion anyways :) Actually, that's the same way I learned of her. Was from hearing her version of 1000 Words :)

As for DBSK, I kind of like the blond one ^ ^ But, then again.. they're all adorable :grin:
Tsukuyomi

Return to Jam Session