So, does anyone like instrumental music,and intrumental genres?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

So, does anyone like instrumental music,and intrumental genres?

Postby Amzi Live » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:37 am

So,does anyone here like classical music,jazz,or instrumental of any kind including soundtracks.What are you favorites?In jazz I listen to Pat Martino(a really good jazz guitarist),Dave Brubeck,The Jimmy Bruno Trio,and a couple of others.In classical, what can I say I love evrything from Mozart,Bach,and all the way to modern composers like John Williams.Concerning Soundtrack I think it would be The Lord of the Rings,The Bourne Trilogy,Pirates of the Carribean,Kingdom Hearts...and a never ending...ect.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby EricTheFred » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:55 am

I'm big on soundtracks, plus I'm a big Jazz Fusion fan.

Favorites include Bela Fleck, Spyro Gyra, Hiroshima, Kazumi Watanabe (maybe my favorite guitarist), and Mike Oldfield. Also new age artists, especially Vangelis and Kitaro. And although she does other stuff most of the time, I love the jazz instrumentals Yoko Kanno comes up with. Also have a number of Brubeck and Miles Davis albums, btw.

Life-long orchestral music fan. Especially Shostakovich, Dvorak, Grieg, Sibelius, Elgar, Barber and Vaughan Williams. When I'm feeling more modern, I go with something like Gorecki or one of the neo-romantics like Schikele, Edgar Meyer, or Mark O'Connor. I can listen to the older stuff all day, but I tend toward late 19th through 21st century.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Danderson » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:39 am

Did you say SOUNDTRACKS?!! Man, where do I start....

Well, while I don't like all soundtracks (ones from 1940s-1970s usually), I do like ones that evoke me emotionally or inspire me with a story....

...Fav composers include James Newton Howard (Lady in the Water, The Village, King Kong, Blood Diamond, etc), John Powell (X-Men 3, Chicken Run, Paycheck, etc), and Don Davis (Matrix Trilogy, Behind Enemy Lines, etc)....

Again, I'll listen to just about any soundtrack, but it always depends on my mood....
Danderson

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:55 pm

I like the lord of the rings soundtrack other than that i don't listen to much soundtracks well other than Halo lol
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Do I like instrumental music? Does the sun rise in the east? XD

I love classical, especially classical piano. I also love the work of John Williams and Howard Shore. I also like Yoko Kanno's work (especially the stuff from Cowboy Bebop). Lots of anime have really good background music too. Oh yeah, and don't forget video game music and remixes.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby SailorDove » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:12 pm

*raises hand*

Love both instrumental & soundtracks. My dad's the soundtrack expert. John Williams, Danny Elfman, Randy Newman, Henry Mancini, etc. We even got this fantastic documentary of the History of Film Scores aired on AMC hosted by Randy Newman, (before he finally won that Oscar.)

Crocodile Dundee, Batman, Poirot, Miss Marple, Sherlock Holmes, um... we have a box of over 100 CD just of soundtrack & theater show tunes. May edit this post later as I remember some of them. Personally I also enjoyed Prince of Egypt's, (especially Steve Martin & Martin Shorts duet as the Egyptian priests.)

Anyhoo, if you're looking for instrumental Christian music, check out Word of Truth.

Also enjoy, the New Age, Yanni, classical, and the old big band sounds of the 30s & 40s.
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Tancos » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:17 am

Uh, yeah. In fact, I strongly prefer instrumental music. If there must be singing, it's best if it's in a language I don't understand so I don't hear how lame the lyrics are.

I could list instrumental music I like all day. Some particular favorites:

Rock: Steve Morse; Birdsongs of the Mesozoic, Djam Karet; Ron Jarzombek; Joe Satriani; Danny Gatton; Gryphon; Happy the Man

Acoustic: Don Ross; Stephen Bennett; Dyle Dykes; John Renbourn; Pat Kirtley; Pete Huttlinger; No Strings Attached

Soundtracks: Haibane Renmei; Azumanga Daioh (and Yotsuba&! by the same musicians); Denno Coil

Plus lots of Celtic, Klezmer and eccentric stuff. And also Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Faure, Debussy, Stravinsky, Bartok, ...
Tancos

Postby Ichigo_89 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Explosions In The sky

Amazing, AMAZINGNESS everyone should check out.
Ichigo_89

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:17 pm

I enjoy some good jazz, trance, and orchestral music.
Fish and Chips

Postby Tyrel » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:06 pm

I enjoy classical and Jazz, but not nearly as much as what I generally listen to {hence why I generally listen to it}.

because of that, I can't make too many awesome suggestions really, but here goes.

Leahy is amazing. Check them out for sure.

Jason Truby, x-living sacrifice guitarist, and x-POD guitarist, is now doing his own solo stuff, and it sounds just incredible. Here's a link; http://jasontruby.com/

Manudelago is kind of groovy, but I don't know if that falls under this category.. well, it is instrumental.. http://www.manudelago.com/eng/home.htm
and http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=17ojj7tgrqw

Enya is right out, but I can't help it, she's kind of cool.

Loreena McKennitt is really cool too. Her music always moved me.

hmm.. after this, I suppose everything else I know to suggest as alternatives to everything I listen to in the range of Prog Rock to Hardcore, falls under Techno or electronica.

But really, check out Truby. He's really quite good.
Tyrel

Postby CephasWhite » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:01 am

Awww dude! You are talking to an instrumental PSYCHO here~! :grin:

I'll tell you my favorites soon :) Bed time for me right now.
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Amzi Live » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:47 am

Nice!There are people here I haven't herd about.I think I have some new favorites now.:thumb:Oh has anyone heard the score for The Departed.Howard Shore got a Grammy nomination for it.I herd two pieces from the soundtrack it's really good.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby Go » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:06 am

Electronica is actually my favorite genre. Though besides that, I do like instrumental music. Movie, game, anime soundtracks, it's all good stuff.
So sleepy...
Go

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:09 pm

Yeah, I listen to plenty of Instrumental genres. My favorites are Baroque, Renaissance, Classical, Ambient, Electronic, and Jazz.
GhostontheNet

Postby jaems-kun » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:28 pm

Yuki Kaijiura plz <3
jaems-kun

Postby EricTheFred » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:59 pm

jaems-kun (post: 1197614) wrote:Yuki Kaijiura plz <3

I could listen to the .Hack/Liminality soundtrack all day. Or the Madlax soundtrack. Good stuff.

I like Yuki best when she's doing vocal pieces, though. One of my favorite J-pop albums is Chiba Saeko's album "Everything", which is basically a Yuki Kajiura album (everything composed and produced by her) where Chiba-san sings all the vocals.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Eric » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:03 pm

Canvas Solaris
Dysrhythmia
Behold...The Arctopus
Red Sparowes
Pelican
and basically all post-rock/metal, dark ambient/industrial, and drone.
Eric

Postby SailorDove » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:57 pm

Jeez, totally forgot the soundtrack to "Jeeves & Wooster". That is soo awesome!
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:57 pm

I don't have any particular artists or groups or w/e there is in instrumental music that I favor as of yet, but I do very much enjoy it. I get alot of instrumental stuff from ocremix.org, and then I've got a celtic cd and teh Flyleaf String Tribute cd, both of which I adore.

Of course, I enjoy pretty much any style of music, so yeah...
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Eric » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:55 pm

SnoringFrog (post: 1201855) wrote:Of course, I enjoy pretty much any style of music, so yeah...

I can assure you that you wouldn't enjoy most of what I listen to...:lol:
Eric

Return to Jam Session