Is KAT-TUN kind of immoral?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Is KAT-TUN kind of immoral?

Postby minakichan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:18 pm

I really love Johnny's bands like NewS and Arashi, but I adore KAT-TUN's music the best, with their rap and rock-ishness. Recently though, I started watching some of their PVs and videos and... some of them seem a bit more sexual than typical JE material; I'm sort of reminded more of hardcore gothy VK J-rock than the typical shiny boyband-ness. Can anyone here who knows a bit more about KAT-TUN tell me how, I guess, "intolerable" their "level" is? Obviously, since I'm into Jpop boybands, I'm don't mind if they're not pure as snow (like, I can enjoy a hint of fanservice), but I don't really like groups that are too extreme.

(And if you're going to laugh at me for feeling a little queasy about a JOHNNY'S BOYBAND, go ahead. I'm very sheltered :P)
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:22 pm

Ok, why did I not see this thread earlier? I adore my J-pop boybands.W-inds, Arashi, NewS, Super Junior, Matchy Kondo, AAA (though not really a boyband since there are ladies in it ^__^ ), and the list goes on!

KAT-TUN I have to say is relativly tame. I compare them mostly to Arashi. I mean compared to American boy bands who's dance moves are constantly grabbing their *ahem* and jiving toward sexual innuendo....KAT-TUN is most certainly not any of that. Their songs are mostly clean if not infectiously catchy.

As to the "fan service" you might be thinking more towards Tomohisa Yamashita of NewS since he did a drama/solo project with another guy which intimated toward a 'relationship' but it was all speculation and untrue much like the HYDE/Gackt thing.

I wouldn't classify KAT-TUN as immoral in the least. I mean come on they have a variety show called "Cartoon KAT-TUN" much like the Hello Project's group Mini Moni. Just great fun and super kawaii!

I hope this helps you out! :)
yukoxholic

Return to Jam Session