Greatest songs of the 90's

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Greatest songs of the 90's

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:35 am

VH1 just did a viewer's choice countdown of the Greatest Songs of the 90's. And the winner is (drum roll please!) : "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. What are your thoughts?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:37 am

Greatest song of the 90s? Bah! There were way better songs in the 90s than Smells Like Teen Spirit. I wish everybody would get over their love affair with Nirvana. They weren't THAT great. [/rant]
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Stephen » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:22 am

They did have a pretty big splash in music though. So I can understand it getting the nod. A few songs I thought of were "Got the Life" By Korn. Pearl Jam would be a consideration for all the stuff they did....I am drawing a blank. I just woke up though so I am sure I am missing some big ones.
Stephen

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:57 pm

ShiroiHikari wrote:Greatest song of the 90s? Bah! There were way better songs in the 90s than Smells Like Teen Spirit. I wish everybody would get over their love affair with Nirvana. They weren't THAT great. [/rant]

I'm not saying they were the greatest band in the world. They weren't even close to the genius of Led Zeppelin.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to Jam Session