Casting Crowns

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Casting Crowns

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:25 pm

I know there is a few people I have met that don't listen to them, the excuse being they were nothing different than the other stuff in the Christian scene or that they were not heavy enough... but anyway, I got the newer CD "The Altar And The Door" and I am loving it. I loved all their CDs myself... I got to meet them and talk to them, and from my experience they are all for real and very on fire about their Faith. They are awesome live! Believe it or not, they can rock out live(their drummer can do a mean solo, that is for sure!), but it isn't always about the rocking out. I think their music can be very healing to many that are struggling.

"East To West"

Here I am, Lord, and I'm drowning in your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me
I yearn for peace and rest
I don't want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind, keeps me awake tonight
I know You've cast my sin as far as the east is from the west
And I stand before You now as though I've never sinned
But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way

Jesus, can You show me just how far the east is from the west
'cause I can't bear to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other

I start the day, the war begins, endless reminding of my sin
Time and time again Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in
Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way

I know You've washed me white, turned my darkness into light
I need Your peace to get me through, to get me through this night
I can't live by what I feel, but by the truth Your word reveals
I'm not holding on to You, but You're holding on to me
You're holding on to me

Jesus, You know just how far the east is from the west
I don't have to see the man I've been come rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'cause You know just how far the east is from the west
One scarred hand to the other
Per his request, this user has been temporarily banned
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby Okami » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:05 am

*nods* East to West is, simply put, amazing.

That song....I've sobbed through it countless times. Love.

Dad and I bought the cd the day it came out, unaware that day was it's release <__<;;
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby 12praiseGOD » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:44 pm

I love that band.
My favorite songs include...
what if his people prayed, this was I think my 3rd cd I have ever had of my own...
What is his people prayed..who am I

Who am I

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feeel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly faiding
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wace tossed in the ovean
A vapor in the wind
Still you hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I' falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me wit love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me

I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours,
I am Yours.

It is a really touching song, along with Voice of Truth.
[color="Red"]If GOD brings you to it, He will bring you through it.- unknown.[SIZE="3"][color="Magenta"][color="Red"][/color][/color][/SIZE]:angel:[/color]

[color="Lime"][color="Lime"]"GOD isn't sitting far away with a magnifying glass, but HE is an ever present GOD" -unknown :thumb:

-meaning he is with us all the time.[/color][/color]

[color="Magenta"]"If you don't trust your wings, you'll be caught in the mountain."-myself:angel:

meaning- "If you don't trust GOD, you'll be caught in the problem."- myself[/color]

[color="Red"]@)}[/color][color="YellowGreen"]-'-,[/color]

[color="Red"]"The farthest distance between a problem and a solution, is the distance between your knees and the floor."- unknown.[/color]
12praiseGOD

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:09 pm

Awesome to see more people on here who feel the same way about them! :)

This is a pretty cool video set to their music - http://youtube.com/watch?v=CT7x3VnrqbA
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby 12praiseGOD » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:46 pm

What album of Casting Crowns would you recomend, and can you help me figure out which one I have. It has... well a crown in water on the front and it include Who Am I, Voive of Truth, and hte #1 hit If We Are The Body.
[color="Red"]If GOD brings you to it, He will bring you through it.- unknown.[SIZE="3"][color="Magenta"][color="Red"][/color][/color][/SIZE]:angel:[/color]

[color="Lime"][color="Lime"]"GOD isn't sitting far away with a magnifying glass, but HE is an ever present GOD" -unknown :thumb:

[color="Magenta"]"If you don't trust your wings, you'll be caught in the mountain."-myself:angel:

meaning- "If you don't trust GOD, you'll be caught in the problem."- myself[/color]

[color="Red"]"The farthest distance between a problem and a solution, is the distance between your knees and the floor."- unknown.[/color]
12praiseGOD

Postby SolidÃ…rmor » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:54 pm

I actually love this band, especially seeing that they were discovered by Steven Curtis Chapman. Their first album is the best. "What if His people Prayed", Voice of Truth, Who am I, If we are the Body..those are all great songs. Just wish I could catch them in concert.
Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share your name
Bless me indeed
Let your hand keep me
from harm and pain
Bless me
Bless me
SolidÃ…rmor

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:56 pm

12praiseGOD - The one you have is their self titled CD, and their first release. I like all of them, they all have some great songs... Lifesong has Praise You In This Storm, which is a song I really love... and it also has Set Me Free, another of my favorites of theirs, and a few other good ones. The new one "The Altar And The Door" is their best so far though in my opinion. :)

They are awesome live, if you ever have the chance, be sure to go!
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby 12praiseGOD » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:48 pm

I like those songs too, but I didn't know that Casting Crowns did them, wow, thanks for the info. I never get to catch even the name of the song on the radio...whoots for me.lol
SolidArmor- I also think that is one of the best, "What if his people Prayed"... I especially like the part were it says.. "What if the family turned to Jesus, Stopped asking Oprah what to do." I like this because it is very truthful, I know she is really sweet and wise, but who can top off GOD.?right?
So anyways I'll try to listen to the cd of "the Altar and the Door" but could you first tell me like what songs are on there..thanks

GOD BLESS YOU!!!

12praiseGOD

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:15 am

Here is the track listing for The Altar and the Door :)

1. What This World Needs
2. Every Man
3. Slow Fade
4. East To West
5. Word Is Alive, The
6. Altar And The Door, The
7. Somewhere In The Middle
8. I Know You're There
9. Prayer For A Friend
10. All Because Of Jesus

You can listen to East To West and Slow Fade on their myspace. :)
http://www.myspace.com/castingcrowns
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby Tommy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:31 pm

I love them and I like how unlike most Christian bands, their lyrics actually have sufficient meaning and speak about their faith and spreading the love of Jesus to others.

While I love the following, when I listen to bands such as Project 86, The Chariot, Underoath, or Showbread, they don't assist me in feeling closer to God and they sure make me think more of the music than the message behind it.

I know people listen to music for the music, but the message is still important regardless.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:11 pm

Amen! I agree with you 100% my friend. I love those bands you mentioned too, but I know in my heart that they don't help me in growing closer to the Lord either... but the great thing about those bands is when you can speak to the members, because lots of those heavy bands have members who are on fire for Jesus. It's pretty cool. :)
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby 12praiseGOD » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:12 pm

Guess what.. now isn't this a coincidence. I get in the car with my dad and I turn on the radio. Guess what song it was.. East to West. I knew the title you said sounded familiar.. well duhh it is one of my favorite songs. I almost always have to stop whatever I'm doing and just listen to it. Then if I'm in the car I will usually role up all the windows and turn it up loud. I love that song!

12praiseGOD

Postby starlitememory » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:19 pm

I absolutely adore this band. I was lucky enough to go to a concert last Friday (the 2nd) and it was incredible. I think my favorite song might be "The Word is Alive".
starlitememory

Return to Jam Session