Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV: Volume Two - No World for Tomorrow

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV: Volume Two - No World for Tomorrow

Postby Kkun » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:09 am

YOU GUYS, NEW COHEED AND CAMBRIA IS COMING OUT SOON!!!

It's been almost two years since Good Apollo IBSIV Volume 1 came out.

Here are live bootlegs of two of the new songs.

"The Running"/"Running Free" (official title hasn't been confirmed yet).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLjE2Duxkkk

"Mother Superior: In the Pull of the Trigger"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XF6nUMOdwgU

Other uncomfirmed song titles are "The Hound of Blood and Rank" and "Gravemakers and Gunslingers." I'm really excited about this album. I like "Running Free" a lot (particularly the rhythm guitar in it) and "Mother Superior" is gorgeous. I know there are a lot of Coheed and Cambria fans around here. Go watch both of those. They will make you excited.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Tommy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:46 am

Hopefully we'll get a song as cool as "Welcome Home" this time around.

I'm kinda upset because I had to skip over IV V.1 because of it's Parental Advisory sticker.
I'm also lead to assume this CD will have one as well.
Tommy

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:59 am

My rising anticipation for this album is insane. Day one purchase.

A fan based album countdown and information website can be found here
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Kkun » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:05 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Hopefully we'll get a song as cool as "Welcome Home" this time around.

Yeah, I'm sure we will, but I'm really happy with Running Free because it fits more in line with Second Stage Turbine Blade and In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3, both of which I love dearly.
Kkun

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:45 pm

Errr...man, I'll be glad when I can hear the album version of this Running Free thing, because Claudio is waaay off key. The guitar sounds pretty rad though.

Holy crap, I want the album now. When is it slated to come out?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:01 am

*dies*

coheed and cambria...

I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOO D:
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:09 pm

Official recording of "The Running Free" is up on Myspace Music now.

Link

Sounds great to me. My salivating demand for this Album just went through the charts.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

Cognitive Gear

Postby Maledicte » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:05 am

Tom Dincht wrote:Hopefully we'll get a song as cool as "Welcome Home" this time around.

I'm kinda upset because I had to skip over IV V.1 because of it's Parental Advisory sticker.
I'm also lead to assume this CD will have one as well.

I believe they sell clean versions of the albums. I remember getting the normal album while someone else I knew had the edited version. You might have to look around.

I can't wait for the new CD. I'm very picky about which albums I buy, and this will probably one of the few that I do pick up.
Maledicte

Postby Kkun » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:45 am

The studio version of "The Running Free" is so great. It feels like something off of SSTB but with the technical prowess of Good Apollo. I'm even more excited about the new record now. Holy cow. Beautiful. Thanks for the heads up, Phil. I can't believe I missed that.
Kkun

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:35 pm

This is pretty good. Not as mind-blowing as Welcome Home was, but it's definitely good. You're right, Jamie, it does sound like Good Apollo I mixed with SSTB. I'm really excited to see what else they've got going on with this album.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tommy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:03 pm

You can hear a little bit of each of their different styles located in their albums on "The Running Fire."
It may not have an amazing guitar intro like "guess-what-song" but it's still great.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Kkun » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:42 pm

TRACK LIST, BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. The Reaping
2. No World for Tomorrow
3. The Hound (of Blood and Rank)
4. Feathers
5. The Running Free
6. Mother Superior
7. Gravemakers & Gunslingers
8. Justice in Murder
The End Complete
9. I -The Fall of House Atlantic
10. II - Radio Bye Bye
11. III - The End Complete
12. IV - The Road and the Damned
13. V - On the Brink
Kkun

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:52 pm

The Fall of House Atlantic, eh? This sounds awesome.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kkun » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:29 am

Yeah, that caught my eye, as well. Also, I think I was right about the intro to The Running Free being part of the ending of another song, because it's track 5. :o
Kkun

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:29 pm

Gravemakers & Gunslingers is now up on their myspace page.

Listening to it now, So far, so awesome.

Cognitive Gear

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:10 pm

I just listened to it. I have a feeling this album isn't gonna have as many catchy hooks as the old stuff...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:49 pm

Managed to snag an early listen. Using spoiler tags just in case.

First Impressions:
[spoiler]
The Reaping- is an awesome opener. I hope this indicates an amazing album.

No World For Tomorrow- Kicks right into the album. Pretty good track, but my initial impression is that I expect more out of them. Perhaps my opinion will change with more listens.

The Hound- I'm in love with the beginning of this song. Not on the same level of initial love I had for Welcome Home, but I still love it. I am really enjoying this track.

Feathers- Ok. This makes me start to realise one of the reasons that there probably won't be any "epic" songs on this album. Most of the epic story material was used last album, so there are a lot of character relationships to tie up. Good track. I'll have to listen to it when I have relationship problems. :p

The Running Free- CoCa fans have heard this already.

Mother Superior- Makes me want to cut myself, but in a good way. As in, the song itself isn't bad, it's just an extremely depressing song.

Gravemakers and Gunslingers- I enjoy this track quite a bit, but you've already heard it.

Justice in Murder- Pretty decent. Reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it.

On to my favorite parts of the previous albums: The numbered tracks. (Don't know what else to call them...)

The End Complete I: The Fall of House Atlantic- ..................

That was LAME. WTC CLAUDIO?

The End Complete II: Radio Bye Bye- Here we go. This track is pretty catchy. Not too fond of it, but it is catchy. Some interesting vocals near the end.

The End Complete III: The End Complete- Not Sure what to think of this one. Part of me feels that it is generic, another part of me wonders what is wrong with the rest of me. Towards the end, the latter half of me was proven correct. However, I am now 5 minutes into the song and I can say that this track could have been finished 2 minutes ago quite soundly. Still 2 minutes to go. Nothing much to say after that.

The End Complete IV: The Road And The Damned- Decent track. I actually like the lyrics quite a bit.

The End Complete V: On The Brink- Looks like another 7 minute track. Halfway through, this track is cool in it's own way. There is a section in the middle that is very repetitive.

The end of this song is awesome.
[/spoiler]

So that's my initial, first listen impressions. We'll see if this is one of those albums that grows on you as you listen to it more.

Cognitive Gear

Postby Kkun » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:07 am

I've heard those complaints from other people who've listened to it. I'll wait until next Tuesday to tell you what I think.
Kkun

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:50 am

I'm getting a little worried...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tommy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:36 pm

I've recently had a huge Coheed craze.
I'm in love with them now.

I still haven't boughten any of their CDs.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:28 pm

After listening to it a few more times, it has gone from a slight disappointment to amazing. I'm honestly not sure why, but I've taken every opportunity to spin it in my CD player that I've gotten. I'm addicted to it now.

I still hate that one track, though. :/

Cognitive Gear

Postby Tommy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:00 pm

Me and my friend were looking forward to hearing the Fall of the Favor House Atlantic, since we love the real song.

If it's just a cruddy jumble of sound effects, then that's expected.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Kkun » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:56 am

I started to listen to it on MySpace but I felt dirty.

Still, what I heard melted my ears off. I can't wait.
Kkun

Postby Tommy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:05 am

I did the same thing.

I don't want to spoil the amazingness when I buy it.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby That Dude » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:05 am

Honestly listening to the album streaming on myspace is my first real introduction to them besides hearing two or three songs in passing. They're actually better than I remembered them to be. I might pick up this CD if I can find it cheap.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:09 pm

I just recieved the CD and the T-shirt in the mail today. The deluxe version is very, very pretty.

Cognitive Gear

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:12 pm

Ever since I have heard them I can;t stop playing them, but my favorite is definatly Second Stage

I don't know how I can get a parental advisory sticker into my home, but I'll probably pick up In Keeping the Secrets of the Silent Earth: 3
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:55 am

I don't know what my problem is. I've only listened to this album once since I bought it...something about it just isn't doing it for me. Maybe it'll grow on me eventually.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kkun » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:11 am

Me too, Nette. Unfortunately, I can only listen to the title track, The Running Free, and The End Complete. I'm trying. It isn't bad, it just isn't doing anything for me.
Kkun

Return to Jam Session