Benu's Bad Drawing Skillz

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Benu's Bad Drawing Skillz

Postby Benu » Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:23 pm

Here is one of my really bad drawings. I'll put some more of my stuff up later, but I don't think you'll wanna see Inu-nasha again after you've seen me draw him. I promise I'll Never post this Horiffic Pic of Inu-nasha on these board ever again. Brace Yourselfs! :sweat: Oh and CAA crew you better hurry up and take care of those lepercauns they took my scanner and I had to fight them to get it back! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Inu-nasha is not my thing

Postby Benu » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:52 pm

Ok so mabye drawing Inu-nasha is not my thing. I really hope I'm spelling Inu-nasha right. :sweat: Well I'm pretty good at drawing (dare I say) Pokemon!!!! :sweat: Yea I know that's a bad word around here. But don't ask me why I drew Ash and this girl, I must have been really board at the time and all I had to read was a pokemon Manga. (Prepares to get stuff thrown at him!) :sweat:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby inkhana » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:09 pm

Aw, your pics aren't so bad. They show a firm grasp of the basics; your technique just needs a little refinement on the forms and such. One thing that might help the Inuyasha pic would be to lengthen his hair. Getting the shoulders even is difficult, but once you can get down stuff like symmetry (or in the case of perspective, the balance when it just doesn't come out symmetrical...LOL ;)) I would also have made his neck a little wider, but in anime, this is often a matter of taste.

And BTW, if someone throws stuff at you for liking Pokemon, I'm guessing someone else will throw something at them...LOL! This pic is actually better than the Inuyasha one, IMHO. One thing I would warn you about is placing heavy shadows under the chin, unless you're using a light pencil (your pencil lines look very heavy and dark to me. This can have unexpected results, such as someone mistaking your jawline shadows for a beard...LOL, things like this have happened to me). Oh, and you've done a very nice job on the eyes on this one. :)

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Gleph » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:10 pm

The pokemon picture looks nice. The face is in good perspective and doesn't look at all strange. Good job :) I'm glad you put them up ^_^ It's Inu-Yasha btw. he he. And maybe you need just a little work on it XD

God Bless
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Postby Retten » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:48 pm

Hey thats pretty good im sure you can draw Inu-Yasha better than me since i havent even tried :lol: the pokemon pick is really good :thumb: keep on practicing and you will be able to draw anything in no time

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby darkoon » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:37 pm

Hey, never give up! you can be better if you keep practicing, and by the way, your picks are not bad at all, specially that ASH dude, he looks great! Inuyasha looks ok too, just that ( in personal taste ) he is toooooo demonic, like he loves to be a little devil...

darkoon
darkoon

Return to Art Corner