Inking

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Inking

Postby wiggins » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:18 pm

Hi guys, I've got a question about inking. Psychoann reccomended me to use Sakura Micron Pens, but are there any normal pens that can also be used since if I can help it I rather not buy new pens?
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Debitt » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:00 pm

I used the BIC roller ball pens (not the ball point ones, but the ones with the more liquid ink...I can't remember what they're called, I'll go check later and get back to you on that) for a long time. The lines aren't as smooth or solid, and you have to go over your linework a couple times to get a nice, black line but it's a good cheap substitution.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Retten » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:28 pm

well its a bit hard to ink if you dont have pens ment for it but that doesnt mean it cant be done

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby inkhana » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:28 pm

Just on a sidenote here - if you plan on preserving your artwork, don't get the cheapest thing you can. I made that mistake and now a ton of my old ink pics are bleeding or turning yellow or blue. You should always spring for acid-free scrapbooking pens when you can.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Pepper Kittie » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 pm

*nods* Inky's right. Also using paper that won't cause your picture to change in time is good as well. Lol, I use Sakura Microns like Psychoann, and to tell you the truth they're really worth any money you put into them. If you want something that's made for making manga then you could seek out the Copic brand pens. I've never used them (I luff my Microns XD) but since they're made spacifically for the purpose of inking manga I imagine they'd be worth your money also.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
~John 10:10

~* Advocate Voice *~
Pepper Kittie

Postby Mave » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:06 pm

hah! I just got my grubby paws on those Sakura Micron pens everyone's talking about. And I like them! I use them on Hp A4 printing paper and I have better control than my previous pens.

I haven't had any problems with old ink artworks on printing paper so far. Maybe those papers are acid free too??
Mave

Return to Art Corner