Manga fonts and tones

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Manga fonts and tones

Postby Debitt » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:00 am

Gee, I hope this is the right forum. o.o; But anyways, does anyone know where I can find the standard font used in manga or screen tones I could use in Photoshop 5.0?

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Lochaber Axe » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:03 am

This is the wrong forum. Ask Ink and she can both move this to the art one and answer your questions.
Lochaber Axe

Postby Debitt » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:06 am

._.; Sorry.

Debitt

Postby Psycho Ann » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:14 am

Go to blambot.com, they got a bunch of free fonts that mangascaners use ^^ I personally use Blambot Custom which I got off abstractfonts.com (go to the comic section)
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby inkhana » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:05 pm

It's ok Daisuke...^^;; Thread moved.

Ann is right about the fonts - those are the ones I use (I like Letter-O-Matic...;) ) As far as tones are concerned...that's tricky. I put tones on my manga with PS7. HOWEVER...I'm using PS 5.0 LE...Does PS5 normal have support for the pattern stamp? Because if it does, I'll export all my patterns (they're just tones made compatible with PS) and send them to you if I can...:) If not, I can also zip up my collection of tones and send them to you. A lot of "tones" can be made in PS, too.

You may also find this thread useful..:)
http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3788

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Debitt » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:27 pm

:hug: Thank you both for the links!

Inkhana: Is the rubber stamp tool the same thing as the pattern stamp? Because if so, then 5.0 has it.

Debitt

Postby inkhana » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Eeek, no, that's not quite the same thing...-_-;; What you're talking about is the same as the "clone" tool for PS7. I've been trying to discover a way to use patterns with 5.0 but I just don't think it's possible. Which is sad, because I created some pretty decent aligned patterns just a moment ago...doh!

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and zip up the files I do have. I'll PM you when I get them uploaded to my server - it would be too large a file to post here.

Incidentally, if I haven't done this by this evening or tomorrow, let me know. I am almost criminally forgetful. ^^;;;

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Mave » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:03 pm

hey Inky...erm, could I salvage some of your tones as well? hehe....I really know little about other PS functions. I've heard of clone and pattern tools but haven't used them. All I do with mine is "layer, multiple, darken and paint!" 0.o No wonder it takes so long for me to complete my works!

Alright, for fonts, I use Blambot sometimes and http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/fonts/

Conversation bubbles are mostly Blambot or I just do an elliptical marquee and just "stroke" it in black.

For tones, I've salvaged free tones from the Internet, make some by borrowing patterns from manga scanlations or just make my own. It may also help to download brush patterns. I'll share my tones in Inky's screentone thread once I've collected them together in one folder in my computer. :sweat:

EDIT: Aww man, I've just discovered how to use the pattern tool!! :hits_self Silly me!
Mave

Postby Debitt » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:05 pm

^^ SANKYUU, INKHANA! :hug:

Debitt

Postby inkhana » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:51 pm

OK, here we go! When I initially zipped my collection, it was about 20 megs, so...that wasn't going to work...^^;;; I broke my collection down by image type. Dialup users...consider yourself warned...;)

http://www.krazyboodle.com/ink/tones/dcatvtinyswatch.zip (4.1M)
This package consists of several large sheets that have only tiny tones on them. They are not set to repeat correctly - one would have to make corrections for that. Still pretty functional.

http://www.krazyboodle.com/ink/tones/hi-res_tones.zip (4.5M)
Some very high quality stuff, so suffice it to say, there aren't too many images in this zip. This particular package contains two "action line" PSDs I was working on. This and the one that follows I think are very much worth the dl.

http://www.krazyboodle.com/ink/tones/hi-res_tones2.zip (5.3M)
Same as above, except without the PSDs.

http://www.krazyboodle.com/ink/tones/individualswatches.zip (3.9M)
Various individual bits dled from differing sources. Some of these I believe will repeat themselves, but most of them don't. Could be trimmed to repeat correctly, though.

http://www.krazyboodle.com/ink/tones/multiswatch.zip (2.8M)
All of these sheets have tones of varying sizes on each one. Most of them, as memory serves, are pretty large but not necessarily detailed.

http://www.krazyboodle.com/ink/tones/other.zip (153k)
Things that don't go anywhere else. Many of these were made by my sister, which is why they look a little different...

http://www.krazyboodle.com/ink/tones/screentones.pat (1.7M)
A pal file for use with Photoshop. Must be imported. I believe all of these will repeat correctly and almost all repeat seamlessly. A few of them are default PS stuff, though... If this one gives you trouble dling, right click and choose "save target as" or whatever's similar for you.

Hope this helps! Everyone enjoy...:)

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby shooraijin » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:02 pm

Oooo. I'll download them when I have some time to go through them. ありがとう :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby inkhana » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:27 pm

*reads the Japanese slowly, sounding it out like a five-year-old*

Ah! You're welcome! ^^

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Debitt » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:31 pm

:lol: Yes, Domo arigatou gozaimasu!

Debitt

Return to Art Corner