Reki- A detailed Photoshop painting

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Reki- A detailed Photoshop painting

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:21 pm

Shew... took me two days to do... Starting with a sketch, then mouse-painting in Photoshop, using multiple layers. I also used some photographic-type textures - the background and the table textures I snitched from Corel, and the wings were made from a scan of feathers, copied and layered.

It's been a long time since I've done a complicated fanart like this. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. View and leave comments?

~Sinbound Angel~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby Debitt » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:25 pm

WHOA! That's awesome! I love the shading! And the colors! And the detail! The right arm (our right, that is) looks a bit disjointed, but aside from that...AWESOME WORK

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:38 pm

wooooow *speechless* :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Elric_kun

Postby CobaltAngel » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:00 pm

The whole thing is freakin aweome (wayyyyy better than I can draw) but I like the feather in front especially...
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby inkhana » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:02 pm

Wow, you've done a great job with this piece! The wings are stellar, as is the feather in front (you do such an admirable job with feather texture). I have only one prob with it - it's the same thing that Kokoro mentioned...the elbow of the right arm is set just a little too far to the left to be comfortable, I think. Other than that, a most marvelous job...^^

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Shinja » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:35 pm

cool,i like it
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Fsiphskilm » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:43 pm

Angel smoking cigar :lol:
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Return to Art Corner