Realistic Drawings

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Realistic Drawings

Postby SamuraiX » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:41 am

Hey everyone, college is getting a little tougher each day, so this will probably be my last post for a while. But I won't leave you guys with nothing... Here are some more of my realistic drawings. I hope ya'll like them. Also, feel free to comment on them, afterall, life's a never ending learning process...

First picture is a portrait of my younger brother...

Second picture is a drawing I did a while back when I got bored... I thought the idea of sound being so loud and having high frequency that it would shatter glass was a cool idea, so got the picture from a CD cover...

Third picture is a picture I drew dedicating to American soldiers who risk their lives for their country.

Fourth picture is a picture of Mr. Hyde from the novel Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde ...

All my drawings are done with regular graphite pencils... I only use ACDsee to Sepiarize some of the pictures to make it look more artistic, since I got a little bored looking at my pencil drawings...

Well, bye everyone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SamuraiX

Postby Bunny » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:25 am

Wow! Those are really good! The Lord has certainly gifted you. :)
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby CobaltAngel » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:46 am

Remarkable! ^_^V I've never been good with realistic style, but you've got the skillz! :D
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby EireWolf » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:11 am

Wow; those are really good. I especially like the ones of your brother and the soldier.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Rashiir » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:57 am

That's awesome!
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby andyroo » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:51 am

Whoa. Those are incredibly good.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby Reverie » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:36 pm

Whoa. I am at a complete loss for words. Those drawings are absolutely incredible! I especially like the drawings of the soldier and the wine glass. Very, very realistic.
Foresight and Hindsight

Showed me two different streets.

The first showed me fame and fortune,

The second wishes to change my defeats.
Reverie

New Image

Postby SamuraiX » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:04 pm

Thanks for the comments guys! Sorry for not being able to reply for so long. I've been a little busy with school and work... Well, I'll probably be posting some more pictures when I find the time... Thanks again!

Well, on second thought, here's a picture I doodled while doing my homework... I admit it doesn't look too good at all, because the proportion is a little messed up, the shading's horrible, the lighting is off--I basically didn't put much time or effort into this picture at all, I drew in in 20 minutes or something... Now looking back, I think I should've put some more effort into it. It would've turned out better... :bang: Oh Well! The reason I want to post this is because I just read the movie forum... and there seems to be a lot of people wanting to see the movie The Passion of Christ, so it kind of reminds me of this picture... The image gives me this feeling that our Father isn't far from us, and it also reminds me that He is in each of our lives, if we invite Him to come in. I picture us being puny and weak, but the hands of the Almighty lift us up everytime we fall. :) Well, feel free to comment, and see you all in a couple of months... Bye! God Bless!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SamuraiX

Postby JediSonic » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:32 pm

Dude, your drawings are reallly.... really good!!!

I can't speak for others, but I know one of the reasons I like to draw anime is I don't have anywhere close to you caliber of skill when it comes to drawing something realistic!
JediSonic

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:39 pm

How long have you been drawing, it looks like it's been along time. I don't draw as much as I should, but when I do I usally improve pretty quickly. Maby if I start drawing more I might come close to your skill. :sweat:
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby Danyasaur » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:45 am

*mouth drops* . . . dude. . . that soldier pic inspires me
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:58 am

Awesome stuff and great use of contrasts. I think I like the simplicity of the wine glass best, but it's hard to pick.
Aka-chan

Postby SamuraiX » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:59 pm

Elowen wrote:How long have you been drawing, it looks like it's been along time. I don't draw as much as I should, but when I do I usally improve pretty quickly. Maby if I start drawing more I might come close to your skill. :sweat:

I've been drawing since I was in first grade or something, and I'm 19 now, so I guess it's been a while... I've never taken any art or drawing classes though. :( I've always wanted to take some kind of drawing classes, but I never got around to it. It must be that I'm a science person... Oh well, I still enjoy drawing in my spare time though. :thumb: Anyways, the point is, OF COURSE YOU CAN DRAW LIKE ME AND HAVE MY SAME SKILL, IF NOT BETTER! So don't sweat when you say it. Practice and have a passion for it. Anyone can draw if they'd try, it just takes time and effort, so keep it up okay? :thumb: God bless!
SamuraiX

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:09 pm

Wow, well done, you truely are gifted.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby blueraven » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:20 pm

I personally admire anyone who can draw, well not just draw but have found something they are good at and enjoy. I dable in a lot of things so I'm not "good" at much so I really do admire people who have found what they like and have enough patiences and the passion to continue. This goes for everyone, not just you. Very nice work, I'd love to see more.
"Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
and things are not what they seem.
Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art; to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
blueraven

Return to Art Corner