Our Father - Jesus

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Our Father - Jesus

Postby SamuraiX » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:38 pm

Hi everyone, I gathered some pencil drawings... I did not draw any of these, so I take no credit... Anyways, it does a good job at showing how much our heavenly Father loves us... :) Enjoy! :thumb:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SamuraiX

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:43 pm

i have but one complaint.... jesus was born in the -mid east right? THis might sound wiered but he's probly look more like sadam than american (erupeon)... i wish i could draw like that.....
Shao Feng-Li

Postby SamuraiX » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:06 pm

Hi Ruroken. It's interesting that you think like that... However, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, and Jews were the chosen people. Therefore, when Jesus came to this world, he's considered to be Jewish, so I suppose he'd look Jewish... I know a few Jewish people, and they don't look anything like Sodarn Insane... I mean, Sadam. ;) I'd say they look more European than Middle Eastern... But the flesh is not important, it's the spirit that will remain forever.
SamuraiX

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:26 pm

i know its about the spirit inside... but then again what did jews look like in his time? for some reason i doubt they looked eruopeon... "sodarn insane" thats the best spoof yet.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Psycho Ann » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:49 pm

According to some Bible scholars, Jesus was dark skinned with short curly black hair. He wasn't amazingly handsome either, just a simple carpenter. It fits knowing how Jesus wouldn't have used just his looks to attract people, but by His spirit alone would suffice. ^^

Those are great sketches, very very familiar... by Christine Kerick?? (did I spell her name right?) One of my favorite Jesus pics can be found at http://www.art4god.com

Hehehe, everyone loves it when our Lord is dressed up like us, it sorta makes Him more close to home XD
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Simon » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:38 pm

I Love those drawings, they are very, very beautiful.
I don't know exactly what skin tone Jesus was but I don't think the Lord would be offended if we made him look white, black or Palestinian.
If you look in Israel today you'll find that many of their skin tones are mixed, let's not forget that they spent 400 years in Egypt before The Lord used Moses to bring them out.
But whether one believes he's colored or white for peace sake it is said- "let every man be persuaded in his own mind" Romans 14:5.
And I Love those drawings.
Tell that person to keep up the good work!!!
You may not think much of what’s on your heart to say to others in Jesus name, but Goliath didn’t think much of the little stone in young David’s sling either, that is, before David slung it...
Simon

Postby Zar » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:44 am

Great emotion, in these pics very good dude
Zar

Return to Art Corner