Christian Anime Art Ideas??

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Christian Anime Art Ideas??

Postby StarMasayume » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:31 pm

All right, just recently I started working on a drawing. It's distressingly the only one that shows my faith. I have a fun, stylistic anime girl in a casual pose, holding a bible in her arm, wearing a cross necklace, her skirt etched with a logo/letters W.W.J.D, and then below a huge block of carefully written text claiming what I believe with a very nice Christian poem. (It's nearly completely inked--except for one of her hands since I'm afraid to ruin it; when it's done, I'll post it in my art thread).

I bring my sketchbook everywhere with me, and quite a lot a people, strangers, see my work and I get to meet them. So in a way, I have more of a reason to wanting to have more christian themed art in the sketchbook because it could be a great way to witness.

My only problem is that I'm sore at coming up with ideas! Perhaps some of you have this problem too. I'd like to open this thread to share ideas for ways we can interpret our faith in our anime art. I look forward to your, response, feelings, ideas on this! :)

--star
"So these three things continue; Faith, hope, and love.
The greatest of these which is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13
StarInMyPocket.net
StarMasayume

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:42 pm

Hmm, that certainly is an interesting way to witness, and one that probably has possibilities. I'm afraid that I don't really have any immediate ideas for you, but I wanted to let yu know I am thinking about what you've said.

Perhaps the easiest way to accumulate drawings is through characters. You'll find a ton of projects lying around that have character drawings very needed, but it really depends if that's your art style.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:50 pm

hehe first of all, I'm elated to hear of ppl like you who are sincere in drawing for God. Welcome welcome! Join the club! :hug:

As for C-anime art ideas, you've probably already have the best source within yourself! My best source of ideas come from the Holy Spirit Himself. Not only does He provide you great creative ideas (The Creator of Creators Himself!), He also makes sure you don't overstep your boundaries. So pray and ask Him for ideas. "God, what do you want me to tell the world in this drawing/comic?" :)

You can check out my homepage if it helps. Click on the signature, should take you there...I haven't updated it for a while, coz I'm so busy with the new semester and I'm working on a manga instead. heh

Additional Note:
BTW, if applicable, it's important for you to get into the mind and heart of God in order to produce something from God. Kick out stuff that compromises God's Ways. You know what I mean? Before I touched that pen/pencil/mouse, I asked the Spirit to search my mind/heart before even drawing. That was my promise to God. "If it's not of you, I'm not drawing it."

Any secular artist can kick out anything from their head, coz it's their expression after all. But we, Christians, have accountability, (kinda scary when I think of having to answer to God about all my drawings later on, even the 'bad ones' <sweatdrop>). So, it's always good to remind ourselves that we're representing God as close as we can to His true nature.

What's my point for this additional note? It's actually Jesus' words.

Matthew 15:18
"But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' "

Unclean drawings/manga comes from the hearts too. :) Hope this helps.
Mave

Postby inkhana » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:21 pm

Hmm, this is a good question. Some of the time I have the same prob myself. Have you tried working on a manga? Your concept art would fulfill your purpose greatly. You could also try fanart from your fav Christian series, or something like that ...("Who's that drawing of?" "This guy from this manga I love...") kinda like that. Your drawings need not be "overly Christian" to get the point across, IMHO.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby richardh01 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:40 am

Prayer is super important in something like this. Whenever I engage in a creative work I always pray that God would give me an idea that would be a good witness for him. It helps me to make sure my goals are in alignment with His, and it helps overcome writer's block as well by taking the anxiety and attention off of me and putting it on Him - were it belongs! :thumb:
richardh01

Postby SailorX » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:19 am

Wow! Sounds like God has blessed you with a very good talent. Can i ask you a question? Would you be willing to draw a magna for me? I already have the character designs and stories, problen is is I can't seen to draw it!

But may God Bless your day
SailorX

Return to Art Corner