Resurgence, maybe?

Talk about anything in here.

Resurgence, maybe?

Postby Furen » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:44 pm

I, for one, have been wishing for the day when forum based posting would be a common theme. Facebook has seemingly taken over the long-post place, as has Reddit, where goof-off typed things seem to be in places like Twitter. But why go to multiple places when we can have it all in one as we have for years here.

Tell your friends. Let's get this place hopping again.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Re: Resurgence, maybe?

Postby Rose Faerie » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:29 pm

Yeah! Let's get this place back up and running!
Rose Faerie

Postby Furen » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:06 pm

I'm trying T.T
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Rose Faerie » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:43 am

Once my brother's old enough I can see if he's interested. He's the only person who I know who would even remotely want to be involved.
Rose Faerie

Postby Peanut » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:53 pm

I'm all for a resurgence. Can't really contribute people though. I don't feel comfortable abusing my job to convince young impressionable minds to join this website and most of my friends were members of CAA at one point or another so that's not really a source I can go to. Guess I'll just post some more reviews in the defunct review section.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:30 pm

Go on, Peanut. Invite your friends back to CAA. I'm sure it could only end well.
Ante Bellum

Postby Rose Faerie » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:45 am

Yes. Any people are appreciated. Then I won't be hiding here, spamming random threads by myself.
Rose Faerie

Postby Kaligraphic » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:44 pm

I think the real trick is to gradually replace all the people with bots until Skynet ends up watching anime instead of taking over the world.
Kaligraphic

Postby Peanut » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:15 pm

Kaligraphic wrote:I think the real trick is to gradually replace all the people with bots until Skynet ends up watching anime instead of taking over the world.

You're underestimating Skynet's capabilities Kali, it can multitask and watch all the anime while taking over the world. Shouldn't be too hard for it either.

Peanut

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:18 pm

You know I'm willing to help out. I've missed having this random place to post in and just goof around lol
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:37 am

Peanut wrote:I'm all for a resurgence. Can't really contribute people though. I don't feel comfortable abusing my job to convince young impressionable minds to join this website and most of my friends were members of CAA at one point or another so that's not really a source I can go to. Guess I'll just post some more reviews in the defunct review section.

Oh psh. Where's your forum spirit?
Just start putting the site's address at the bottom of your material and we'll see what happens ;)
Furen

Postby Peanut » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:58 pm

Furen wrote:Oh psh. Where's your forum spirit?
Just start putting the site's address at the bottom of your material and we'll see what happens ;)

That would be difficult since we're going to be meeting in person come September and I'm not a fan of hand outs (kills too many trees). I guess I could start including some sort of subtle message inside my messages. Maybe make it so that if you listen to my teaching backwards it says "Join CAA."

Peanut

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:07 am

Face tattoos are more environmentally friendly and you never have to worry about forgetting them at home!
Ante Bellum

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:48 pm

Ante Bellum wrote:Face tattoos are more environmentally friendly and you never have to worry about forgetting them at home!

That's an interesting statement lol.....and kind of true? I think?
You know what I won't question it. This once.
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Peanut » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:10 am

Ante Bellum wrote:Face tattoos are more environmentally friendly and you never have to worry about forgetting them at home!

Unfortunately, I don't think people would appreciate it if I had a link to a website written on my face. I mean where would I even put the full url for CAA on there? The forehead is probably the best place but I'm sure someone at some time would claim that I've written the mark of the beast on my face and that would lead to a very awkward conversation.

Peanut

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:39 am

Use a URL shortener and put it on your chin. Everybody loves surprises!
Ante Bellum

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:37 pm

Making an offer to anyone reading this: If you get a CAA face tattoo, I will personally drive to your house and reimburse you for the cost, 100%.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: And then you and I are going to sit down and have a long, hard talk about the choices you're making in your life.
Davidizer13

Postby Furen » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:31 pm

Peanut wrote:

That would be difficult since we're going to be meeting in person come September and I'm not a fan of hand outs (kills too many trees). I guess I could start including some sort of subtle message inside my messages. Maybe make it so that if you listen to my teaching backwards it says "Join CAA."

Hide it in one of your albums. Subliminal messages are old, but classy.
Furen

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:30 am

Furen wrote:
Peanut wrote:

Hide it in one of your albums. Subliminal messages are old, but classy.

And why stop there, when the possibilities are endless? Skywriting, graffiti on train cars, an ARG that drops people on the CAA homepage, Russian spambot nets, writing the URL in fire with oil-filled trenches... Use your imagination!
Davidizer13

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:43 pm

Ahh, I've missed this.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Furen » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:15 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Ahh, I've missed this.

But now you haven't!
Furen

Postby Dante » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:11 pm

Peanut wrote:
Kaligraphic wrote:I think the real trick is to gradually replace all the people with bots until Skynet ends up watching anime instead of taking over the world.

You're underestimating Skynet's capabilities Kali, it can multitask and watch all the anime while taking over the world. Shouldn't be too hard for it either.

P.A.S.C.A.L.: "You called, pitiful cestoda of the meatspace?"
Dante

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:45 am

I miss this place, or rather the community I had circa 2003-2008

Met a bunch of people IRL (LA area mostly) and had a good thing. I haven't even talked to any of them on Facebook in years, even the ones I got along with the most (Like, say, Cephas / Saint Peter / Not sure if he ever went by his real name so I won't use it here)

Facebook is a mess. Just full of noise. Forums like this are more organized, but Reddit is... Well, People downvote you for the dumbest things and while there were the fair share of unpleasant people here back in the day, I found a lot of people who I could talk to and had common ground with. I miss that. I don't know if it's possible to bring that back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby shooraijin » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:39 pm

Downvoting is a cancer.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Kaori » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:33 am

Bobtheduck wrote:I miss this place, or rather the community I had circa 2003-2008

Met a bunch of people IRL (LA area mostly) and had a good thing. I haven't even talked to any of them on Facebook in years, even the ones I got along with the most (Like, say, Cephas / Saint Peter / Not sure if he ever went by his real name so I won't use it here)

Facebook is a mess. Just full of noise. Forums like this are more organized, but Reddit is... Well, People downvote you for the dumbest things and while there were the fair share of unpleasant people here back in the day, I found a lot of people who I could talk to and had common ground with. I miss that. I don't know if it's possible to bring that back.

Hey, nice to see you! Hope you are doing well.

Kind of like you, I still think that old-fashioned forums like this are the best. Discord is more chat-oriented, and Reddit is really focused on whatever's most recent and/or most trending. I don't know of anything else that's this good at allowing you to both have real discussions, and then be able to find and refer to them later.

There are a few of us around trying to keep things going here, but it is slow.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Peanut » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:52 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:And why stop there, when the possibilities are endless? Skywriting, graffiti on train cars, an ARG that drops people on the CAA homepage, Russian spambot nets, writing the URL in fire with oil-filled trenches... Use your imagination!

I don't know why this is all falling on me. Tell you what, I have some experience in door to door sales so why don't you and everyone else pitching me ideas join me in the the most effective way of selling any idea: face to face interaction. We'll come up with a pitch, grab some incredibly cheap tablets and start hitting some houses. I'm sure if we talk to enough random strangers someone will be willing to join. :lol:

Dante wrote:P.A.S.C.A.L.: "You called, pitiful cestoda of the meatspace?"

Back to the e-waste bin with you P.A.S.C.A.L. (I'm pretty sure my cellphone is more powerful then you now a days anyway).

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:59 am

You know what, all this talking about Resurgence on CAA is making me feel nostalgic. I don't think I'm the only one. So how would some of you like to hear the history behind CAA's greatest RP and the rather niche, tight nit community that erupted from it? If there's interest, I'll create a thread elsewhere to post what I've been writing up the past couple of days because this is sticking with me and I need to get it out of my mind.

Peanut

Postby Rose Faerie » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:30 am

Yes, I would love to hear it!
Rose Faerie

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:55 am

Peanut wrote:I don't know why this is all falling on me. Tell you what, I have some experience in door to door sales so why don't you and everyone else pitching me ideas join me in the the most effective way of selling any idea: face to face interaction. We'll come up with a pitch, grab some incredibly cheap tablets and start hitting some houses. I'm sure if we talk to enough random strangers someone will be willing to join. :lol:

"Ma'am, did you know that Mithrandir has a wonderful plan for your life?"
Davidizer13

Postby Kaori » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:24 pm

Peanut wrote:You know what, all this talking about Resurgence on CAA is making me feel nostalgic. I don't think I'm the only one. So how would some of you like to hear the history behind CAA's greatest RP and the rather niche, tight nit community that erupted from it? If there's interest, I'll create a thread elsewhere to post what I've been writing up the past couple of days because this is sticking with me and I need to get it out of my mind.

Why not? I was never part of RPs on CAA (just not my thing), so whatever you write up would be new to me.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Next

Return to General