Sometimes i wonder...

Talk about anything in here.

Sometimes i wonder...

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Konichiwa!!! Panda here ^^. Sooooooo, onward to the mostly random question: How did you start watching anime? And since i asked it would only make sense to answer it myself. my older brothers have been watching anime since i was four, i got into it when i was six though ^^
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:34 am

My first anime was the movie My Neighbor Totoro, I was fairly young at the time and I'm not sure how my mother came across the movie in order to get it for me, but I loved it quite dearly. Then my mother found Pokemon on TV one day, knew I would like it and introduced it to me when I was eating breakfast before school. Of course she didn't know either where anime at the time and neither did I. :lol: When I was around 13 the 'rebel' in me decided to stay up late and watch Adult Swin and that's how I came upon Trigun. After that I started watching Wolf's Rain and InuYasha. Looking them up on-line, I finally had free reign of the computer without parental controls, I found out they where Japanese animation and it went on from there. So in a way you could say my mom introduced me to anime. Which is funny when taken into the context that my mother thinks I'm immature for watching anime and would rather I just 'grow out of it.'
TopazRaven

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:35 am

I watched Pokemon when I was 6 and then took a huge gap and started watching anime until I was 15. I've watched anime like nobody's business in the past year. I'm attracted to the art in anime.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:25 am

I got into anime pretty late. I saw a bit of Sailor Moon in Year 7 and some Pokemon and Digimon in highschool but it was really only in Year 10 or so that I watched beyond that. Spirited Away was one of the first anime movies I saw and Last Exile was the first series I completed.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:38 am

My first series that wasn't Pokemon was Ouran High School Host Club. I still love it.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:35 am

For me, it was Voltron, aka Beast King Golion. But I didn't know it was anime at the time. The first anime I knew was anime was Ronin Warriors.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:32 am

Another friend had ftried to get me into anime around the sernior year of HS (Failed, because she was showing me the really bad magical girl and harem shows). I accidentally downloaded the wrong anime on her request, I was supposed to download a magical girl and downloaded Baccano! instead, and I loved it.
Atria35

Postby Nate » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 am

I watched Robotech and Voltron as a kid, but didn't know they were anime. However in high school, while we were having a snow day from school, I was bored and flipping channels and caught a glimpse of Sailor Moon and it looked interesting, so I watched some of it, and at that point I knew what anime was. And it went on from there.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Lockon Stratos » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Believe it or not, my grandmother is the one responsible for my love of anime. When I was 5 or 6, can't remember too well, I'd get home and watch my 4 shows, Zaboomafoo, Dragon Tales, Power Rangers and Digimon.
Lockon Stratos

Postby alma » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:08 pm

How did I started watching anime?
They were part of the Saturday morning cartoons, they were not called anime.
The first ones I remember watching were: Mazinger Z, Captain Harlock, Nobody's Boy: Remi.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby SolidÃ…rmor » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:50 pm

I got into anime a long time ago...the first 2 I ever saw was Starblazers (Space Battleship Yamato), and Battle of the Planets (Gotchman). Then came Mazinger Z, Gai King, Robotech, Captain Harlock.

After that, nothing good had been aired on t.v. to watch.
Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share your name
Bless me indeed
Let your hand keep me
from harm and pain
Bless me
Bless me
SolidÃ…rmor

Return to General