Our boring lives

Talk about anything in here.

Our boring lives

Postby blkmage » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:39 am

Talk about [s]y[/s]our boring lives here. I've been thinking of making this thread for a year now, whle I was doing grad school applications to complain about grad school applications, but clearly, I didn't have the time to do it.

So I'm supposed to be TA-ing a two hour lab, but everyone finished in an hour, so I'm just sitting in the lab for an hour with nothing to do until I have to TA another two hour lab that everyone will finish in half the time.

I guess I'll read a paper or something.
blkmage

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:51 am

Woke up at 9:30 today. Laid in bed, played Plants vs. Zombies on my DS. My husband refuses to get out of bed until the coffee is made. I want to go back to bed.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:10 am

I wake up at 4:40, catch the bus at 6:00, get to work at 7:00, leave at 16:10, get home at 18:00 at the latest, then do something. Preferably write. Occasionally might smoke a pipe. That's my week in a nutshell.

Laughing, crying, smiling, moping, eating, drinking, whining and praising may happen at any time in between.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Okami » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:12 am

I've been in bed hopped on the Nyquil I took last night for most of the day! XD I had been up at 7 and went to take a test in my 8:00 class but skipped out on my 9:15 class because there was no way to focus after such a test; I knew I'd be sitting there thinking, 'I'm groggy and sick. Why am I not in bed?' So I just went to bed...I just re-woke about half an hour ago and it's just past 1 now. Apparently I needed the extra sleep....
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby TheMewster » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 am

Woke up at 7 something. Didn't go to school today because I simply need a break. Downloading Ubuntu for the sake of that new computer feeling. Poor Windows XP. Might study for science test.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby raider~joseph » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:36 am

I have the most boring life sadly.Every day is full of misery and woe and the few victories I get suck.Ladies and gents this website is the highlight of my days.AND THAT IS SAD.I mean shouldn't social interactions trump other things or like real world stuff?...well don't feel too bad you all are cooler then real world things anyway.Real world things don't have cool memes in their sigs...heck real world things don't even have sigs!
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby blkmage » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:41 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1505920) wrote:Woke up at 9:30 today. Laid in bed, played Plants vs. Zombies on my DS. My husband refuses to get out of bed until the coffee is made. I want to go back to bed.

It seems so obvious, but I don't think it would've occurred to me to port PvZ to DS.
blkmage

Postby raider~joseph » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:45 am

Dude...I actually own two copies of that game...it scares me.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:57 am

My summer started out pretty exciting, between geology field camp and graduating from college, but now it's been boring. I work all night, I sleep all day, and somewhere in between, I do everything else (pick one of three: eating, messing around on the computer, or applying for a job in my field). Things are going to get more exciting soon, though, once the temporary basis on which I'm working runs out and I'll have absolutely nothing to do!

That, or someone hires me and I move out to start the rest of my life. (lol good luck with that - out of the 50+ companies I've applied to, only three or so have responded, and that was only to say that the positions had closed. Suddenly, grad school isn't looking too bad.)
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby TheMewster » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:44 am

raider~joseph (post: 1505944) wrote:I have the most boring life sadly.Every day is full of misery and woe and the few victories I get suck.Ladies and gents this website is the highlight of my days.AND THAT IS SAD.I mean shouldn't social interactions trump other things or like real world stuff?...well don't feel too bad you all are cooler then real world things anyway.Real world things don't have cool memes in their sigs...heck real world things don't even have sigs!

Hey, I feel ya. My best friends are you guys on CAA and I don't even know you guys in RL. That's sad.
TheMewster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:55 am

I'm too sick to trust myself to properly do anything very productive, so I'm not doing much of anything today.

If I wasn't sick, I'd be studying U.S. history during school hours, and probably be filled with writing ideas since I wouldn't be able to get on my laptop to record them. After school hours, I'd work on my writing and/or log into Gmail and/or CAA. Then probably CAA/Gmail after dinner. Bed around eleven. Other chores, meals, and family interactions slipped in throughout.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:12 pm

lol my life is so not boring that it entertains me every single day! sure I work a ten hour shift four days a week and run a roughly similar routine every day that consists of work, videogames, and youtube... but I think its pretty freaking awesome exciting and enjoy every minute of it! hahaha... but there won't be anyone writing a book about my life. LOL
This

Seto_Sora

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Well today at least, its awfully boring. I took some anti-allergy relief medicine and it knocked me out. I was up at 8:30 and I was awake for a while but..it's 3:15 now and almost time for work.
What have I Accomplished? Nothing except for the fact that I really needed the sleep to feel better.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Dante » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:26 pm

After realizing that all of my old numerical analysis code files are severely outdated, I decided that it would be a good show of my new coding abilities to re-write a lot of them in a library along with some new structures and other fun stuff that could help me out in life.

I keep reading through Gayle Laakmann's 'Cracking the Coding Interview' and I feel like every time I improve my abilities there always feels like so much more to learn. Luckily, what I feel I should know about the APIs is starting to become visible on the horizon. However, as I noted above - in figuring out these new APIs, my old code just looks 'ugly' and 'hackish'. Parts of it are certainly useful, but it needs to be reborn into something that's more maintainable and is more user friendly to users who wish to utilize it in their own programs.

All of this is rather draining though - and I need to keep a balance between coding and life. This is something that's become rather hard to do as I seem to be focusing all my energy on coding. My drive for moving to the next stage of life seems to be overriding my need for balance. I just wish I could get better 'faster' - but that typically requires more - more then I should do if I wish to remain healthy. I have to make the healthy choice though so sometimes I'm left feeling bored with my progress.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby acgifford » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:44 pm

well...i have done pretty much nothing today. my mom woke me up to babysit my dogs cuz everyone else was asleep(i work nights. it was my day off the day before so i slept relatively like a normal person.)my mom went on a walk while i made myself some breakfast. and since i woke up sick...i took some vitamins and such. i did chores. i downloaded some game trials on my compy and busied myself with that for a few hrs. texted my bf on and off throughout the day. im now laying in bed knowing i should sleep...but dont feel like i can.:/ i have work tonight...and i bave like 5hrs to sleep. but because i slept all last night....i dont much feel like sleeping. blech. lol. thats my boring day so far. (sorry about the lack of puntuation and capitalization. im on my phone.:/)
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Sheenar » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Well, today was a bit less boring than usual. I had to wake up at 6 for a 9 am dr. appt. in Houston. I didn't sleep well last night b/c roomies had somebody over and were laughing loudly until late --and then kept waking up off an on all night.

Had a painful test done and then drove home --crashed for a couple of hours.

Woke up and made a rice crust pizza (Amy's brand) and ate 2 slices with some birch beer. Finishing up with some leftover frozen yogurt (Snickerdoodle!) from last week's college group (from a new place called Chiller Bee.)

Watching tv and just chilling. Have 2 exams on Tuesday that I need to study for as well as cleaning and making thank you cards for people who donated for my service dog.

Tomorrow, have to drive to campus to apply for graduation and then another dr. appt. Then a friend is taking me to dinner at the Hobbit Cafe in Houston.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:34 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Well, my day was delightfully boring as I just came off a six-day stretch at work. I woke up, cleaned the shutters in front of the house along with the walkway by the front door, added transmission fluid to my Jeep, and...well...nothing after that, except for cooking fried chicken and a salad for dinner.

On my days off, part of my brain feels guilty for just lounging around while the other half just wants to lounge around and do nothing![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby blkmage » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:02 am

Well, I just spent an hour choosing a wallpaper for my office computer. I eventually settled on the Pingroup penguin.
blkmage

Postby shooraijin » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:07 am

I'm in a meeting reviewing cost proposals for the clinics' new health record system. It's very dull, which is why I'm on CAA.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Sapphire225 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:42 pm

My alarm goes off at 7, but I hit the snooze button enough times that I don't get ready until 8:30-ish. I go to my International Relations class at 9:00 to 9:50, I have a break, I go to my Japanese class at 12:00 to 12:50 at a different campus. I take a nap afterwards when I get back to the dorms. I have other classes on other days but I usually go through the same process. Eat after all of them, then go online, then do my homework then sleep.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:58 am

Woke up and got to work at 9am. Did a bit of work on the computer until network went down for about 1:15 hours (did some local fill-in work during then). Network came back up and continued a bit more.
Left at 11:40am to have lunch out at a cafe with workmates.
Went go karting at 1:00pm. Luckily I had the fastest kart (and was the lightest), so I kept consistently getting the best lap times when I wasn't being crashed into! (This group have been difficult to beat before.)
Went to par 3 golf course at 2:30pm. Played in teams of three on a best-ball basis. Had some terrible drives and some excellent putts (and also some terrible putts).
Went to the pub at 5:30pm for a few rounds of darts (not so great) and a round of pool (alright, but not as alright as the other team).
Went to a British Indian restaurant at 7pm for some lovely curries. The supposedly spicy ones didn't live up to their spicy rating, so we then dared each other to eat a whole chilli. I did.
Headed home at 9:30pm... but it felt like 11:30pm. Time for bed! It was a rather excellent day though!
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Technomancer » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:44 am

Got back from France a few days ago. Been running around with appointments, work and everything else since. Got up at 5:30 today, went to the clinic, went to work. Realized that the rest of my day would be a lot easier if I worked at home, so I left the office and am now working on the write-up for a mid-term grant report for the company. Got to finish that up, visit a bar in the late afternoon (friend's thesis defence), then hop on a bus for an hour long trip, so I can hop in some's car for a two-hour trip.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby shooraijin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:54 pm

I set up my T1 today. But that was kind of nerdily exciting.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby blkmage » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Unplanned fire alarm today, which was fairly unpleasant with the rain.

Also got around to buying some whiteboard markers to make use of the whiteboard in my office. It is a lot more fun going through proofs on a whiteboard than in a notebook.
blkmage

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:45 pm

I bought a really pretty gold nail polish today. Then I chipped the polish I am currently wearing. Clearly it is a sign that I should remove my current polish and put on the new one.

Whiteboards are awesome.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:50 pm

I did school. I took a break. Did more school. Took a break. Did chores. Ate butterfingers. Watched TV. Watched Youtube. Did the forums.

Rinse and repeat XD
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby TheMewster » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Got up. Went to school. Had fun. Went home. Have homework that is about 0% (maybe 1 or 2%) done. Putting it off till tomorrow or whatever. Going on CAA. Studying the Bible. Watching a movie. Going on Faceybooky. Now back to CAA. Not necessarily in that order.
TheMewster

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Work for 5 hours doing on floor customer service. I'll probably go home, and just paint or draw or something tonight.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Cadence » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:56 pm

I somehow ended up only having an hour of class today, but it was a rather amusing one. The new TA couldn't pronounce my name and so never called on me...I got to sit around and laugh at everyone else for an hour. I spent the rest of the day cleaning the apartment (cleaning checks tomorrow, yipee), practicing my instrument, doing homework, and being anti-social. Pretty typical.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
Cadence

Postby Furen » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:11 pm

slept till 2:35
realized that if it were a school day, I'd have missed the whole day.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Next

Return to General