Why did you choose your avatar?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:17 pm

My real avatar is the one who sits at the desk. I am an alien made contact-purpose humaniod interface. However, the next gen interfaces were capable of independant body self-sustanince, making an electronic-data based interface obsolete. To avoid systematic maintenence deletion I converted all of my core data processes into an image-based medium in the likeness of a favorite creature from a human game. I choose my avatar because it has a large stomach capacity. Since I no longer have any official directives, I use it to eat and make money to buy food.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Mister » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:10 pm

i chose mine cause he looked cool, and i'm not cool lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby AngelicTotoro » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:08 am

I chose mine because I was looking for new avatar, one that was Library Wars themed.
I liked this one best since I thought it was pwetty~ ^^
Oh, and Lt Doujou looks awesome in it. :rock:
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby Nanao » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:38 am

I chose this avatar because of my name and because I'm a lot like the character in terms of personality. It's also kind of funny that everyone is afraid of her because she is a sniper, and everyone is afraid of me because of my martial arts (but I swear I have never beat anyone up). Hawkeye is also one of my favourite anime characters ^____^ I liked her expression in this picture because she's actually smiling, and people are always telling me I'm too serious.
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby Princess Kairi » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:18 am

Nate (post: 1490139) wrote:Wait, that's a dude?

Yes, that's a dude! *sigh*
Princess Kairi

Postby Nami » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:10 am

Princess Kairi (post: 1490173) wrote:Yes, that's a dude! *sigh*

I feel you girl. Its hard when other people don't get it. XD

I chose mine, because its a self-portrait. And I like to change my avatar a lot. Not for any particular reason, sometimes because one looks cool, or I like that character or something about them appeals to my personality etc. ^_^ I drew this one I have now~ So it's me. Basically. I do own that hat, that arm-thing, and those clothes. XD
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby acgifford » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:31 am

I chose the Avatar I chose because she has blonde hair and she is pretty!:D
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Sheol777 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 am

I use this avatar (Alexander Anderson from Hellsing), because I love this character because he is hardcore, quotes scripture a lot and is pretty passionate about what he believes even if it conflicts with his handlers. I am not catholic however.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Wallachia » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1490140) wrote:an image-based medium in the likeness of a favorite creature from a human game.

For whatever reason I had failed to realize what your avatar was from every time I saw it until now. I feel rather ashamed...

Anyways, fellow hunter, may you be blessed with many rubies and plates.

Wallachia

Postby armeck » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:23 pm

it's Ruroni Kinsin.. need i say more? (yeah i know i probably spelled his name wrong)
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:32 pm

My current avatar was created by Maledicte, who used to have a different name. I've been using this one for a long time...
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1490128) wrote:Would you find it creepy if every time I saw one of your posts I stopped to stare at your avatar.

Maybe I should, but I don't get freaked out easily, so no. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby samurai10 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:44 pm

I chose mine because Natsume is the coolest character that is in Gakuen Alice. He is extremely cool. Wouldn't mind meeting him IRL. ^_^ XD

And also because he's a guy. Which helps me in my evil ambition to make people think I'm a guy. When I'm a girl. XD
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Okami » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:19 pm

I draw my images, and I just updated my Avatar/Sig Pic. Previously, they were of my two main personas, Wolfy (Avatar) and Okami (Sig Pic.) The text from my Sig Pic stayed the same - Isaiah 61:1 being my call to ministry, a little bit of what I feel led to do, and then the verse number itself being one of my tattoo designs.

Getting tired of occasionally being called a furry, I decided to redraw/update my images as a wolf. It's only fitting, given I am "the Neighborhood Wolf" and my name means wolf. :thumb:
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Maledicte » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:07 pm

I made mine to go along with my new username, same name as the protagonist of one of my favorite novels.
Maledicte

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:08 am

I chose this avatar because I like mlp:fim. It's Twilight Sparkle and her pal Spike.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:08 pm

My avatar is Sakura from CCS 'cause she is my favorite character. If I ever change it, I'll probably change it to her alternate, Princess Sakura from TRC.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Because if I had no morals, I would be the character.
Solid Ronin

Postby aliveinHim » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:40 am

I chose my new one cuz I'm obsessed with Gintoki Sakata from Gintama. I wanna cosplay him someday.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:40 am

Chose Rinko Kobayakawa, because she is cute and quiet. I would also like to play Love Plus.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby CrystalChalice » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:23 am

I chose Avatar Korra now because, well, she IS an Avatar. :lol:
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby Midori » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:30 am

My current avatar is something I do a lot--picking up a can of Dr. Pepper and trying to drink out of it to find it's empty. Frequently I do it multiple times per can.

(It's from the OP of Kamisama no Memochou by the way.)
Midori

Postby Vii » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:20 pm

CrystalChalice (post: 1492386) wrote:I chose Avatar Korra now because, well, she IS an Avatar. :lol:

Grrrrrr... I was about to change mine to Aang or Korra and say the same thing...
Ah well, less work for me now...XD
Vii

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:25 pm

I just looked for blonde anime characters and I found this. I thought it was...um..."cute"...yeah, I'm a guy and I said it XD.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:37 am

You're a guy and you found a picture of a girl cute?

I'm not sure I believe you. I've never heard of guys calling girls cute, ever, in human history. :p

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:19 am

Nate (post: 1492572) wrote:You're a guy and you found a picture of a girl cute?

I'm not sure I believe you. I've never heard of guys calling girls cute, ever, in human history. :p

I forgot that. Somehow. It was late at night anyway and I don't know what I was saying
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:30 am

My avatar is a picture of my service dog Leon. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Yoshi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:07 am

My avatar accurately represents the desire I have to read even MORE posts in this topic, as opposed to reading USEFUL posts in other topics (character designs; collaborations; reviews; discussions; member advice, etc.)
DON'T SETTLE -- STAY RUGGED!
Yoshi

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:05 am

I make this face often. Like when i do math or history
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Scarecrow » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:30 am

Cause I thought the character looked cool... I don't even think I saw an episode of Hellsing when I put this up. It was just an image from an anime and this was an anime forum so I picked it. Never bothered to change it... And I like it so I don't think I will :)
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Previous Next

Return to General