my life

Talk about anything in here.

my life

Postby timothy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Well so today i beat temptation for watching a movie that is rated R it was hard though cause me and my cousin wanted to watch it so how was everyone elses day?
timothy

Postby Atria35 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:20 pm

A movie that's rated R doesn't necessarily have sexual content in it, nor is it necessarily particularly vulgar. The King's Speech, for instance, is rated R but has no sex or nudity, and the language on the whole was probably no more than in a PG-13 movie, but when you heard a long string of it at two points within the movie, it's brought to your attention.
Atria35

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:27 pm

One of my favorite movies, Ordinary People, is rated R. That movie was released in 1980. There's no graphic violence or nudity, but some of the plot is still pretty intense. While it'd be "tame" compared to most movies these days, that doesn't change those plot elements.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Sheenar » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:36 pm

K. Ayato (post: 1469100) wrote:One of my favorite movies, Ordinary People, is rated R. That movie was released in 1980. There's no graphic violence or nudity, but some of the plot is still pretty intense. While it'd be "tame" compared to most movies these days, that doesn't change those plot elements.

We watched that movie in one of my classes at the neurorecovery agency. We had been talking about the stages of grief.

Very good movie! Hard to watch in places, but really impactful. The psychiatrist in the movie was awesome.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to General