Noel Cruz

Talk about anything in here.

Noel Cruz

Postby steenajack » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:48 am

Okay people, this guy is AMAZING. What he does basically is repaint doll faces to make them look....well very realistic. These are not photoshopped onto the face of the doll, these are actual paintings. Here is his website:

http://www.ncruz.com/index.html (may contain some nudity in certain specific works. Almost every single work is free of that though.)

and here is his DeviantArt:
http://noeling.deviantart.com/
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:53 am

Oh wow! Those are soooo cool!
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Atria35 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:59 am

*worst nightmare* Seriously, I don't like dolls much in the first place. Just looking at that page freaked me out like no tomorrow. It's bad enough when the faces are in Uncanney Valley, but having real faces on doll bodies?!
Atria35

Postby steenajack » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:50 am

Atria35 (post: 1467410) wrote:*worst nightmare* Seriously, I don't like dolls much in the first place. Just looking at that page freaked me out like no tomorrow. It's bad enough when the faces are in Uncanney Valley, but having real faces on doll bodies?!

XD! I'm sorry, but this made me giggle a bit. XD! Seriously though, sorry if the dolls scared you. :sweat: Although, I can probably relate with Chucky....*shivers*
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:10 pm

How are dolls scary? I grew up playing with dolls. I still play with dolls sometimes.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Probably because some dolls are sitting down in the Uncanny Valley, as Atria said. This guy has a lot of skill but yeah, there's definitely something unsettling about how realistic they are.
Ante Bellum

Postby Atria35 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm used to dolls freaking me out by now :) The more realistic they get, the creepier they are, because I know they're not real and that.... it's complicated.
Atria35

Postby Nanao » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Dolls always make me think of the Nutcracker, but without the happy ending. The artwork is amazing, but having a doll that looked that real in my house would give me the creeps. *hides*

On a side note though, the Galadriel doll was beautiful. It looked more like a photo of the actress than a doll to me.
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby Nate » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:08 pm

aliveinHim wrote:How are dolls scary?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley
Mori's hypothesis states that as a robot is made more humanlike in its appearance and motion, the emotional response from a human being to the robot will become increasingly positive and empathic, until a point is reached beyond which the response quickly becomes that of strong revulsion.

It says "robot" but it applies to anything made to look human.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to General