What's the worst injury You ever had?

Talk about anything in here.

What's the worst injury You ever had?

Postby Lynna » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:45 am

So, yesturday I dislocated my shoulder (again) it didn't hurt as bad as the first time, but still pretty bad. Also, when I was 7, I fractured a little bone in my toe, and that hurt really bad. So I couldn't help wondering, what's the worst injury other people have had?
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:16 pm

I've done something with my ribs- they got out of place in such a way that they pinched a nerve in my back.
Atria35

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:23 pm

I stepped on a needle one time. It had to be pulled out of my foot. I still feel pain when I think about it. >_<

I also broke a toe once.

That's pretty much it.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Okami » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:43 pm

I broke a bone just under my right pinky toe...wow, almost five and a half years ago now. I still feel it from time to time, like standing or walking on it for more than an hour.

My "favorite" injury to talk about is a lopsided sort of oval scar just beneath and between my right hand's index and middle finger knuckles. I got it on my first attempt to ride a bike without training wheels and I didn't know how to stop, so I reached out and grabbed for the side of my house and went over, scraping up my hand.

My hands have taken a lot of abuse over the years, now that I'm looking at my many scars and realizing the backstories behind them. Bike falls, IV marks, bite marks, claw marks. So many stories...

However, the worst of my injuries- the suicide attempts, I still deal with scars and stomach ulcers because of them, three years later. Consequences suck. xD;
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Nate » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:48 pm

I had my arm accidentally sliced open by a piece of tin roofing my dad was swinging when I was a kid. Had to get stitches for it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Beau Soir » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:00 pm

I guess if chipping bones counts as breaking them... I've never broken a big bone though.

I sliced my thumb open on a soup can once. I've had my pinky finger cut open by broken glass. And I think I had to use crutches once, but I can't remember why.

Plus there were many instances of me falling on stony pavement when I was a kid and getting terrible bloody knees. o__o

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:01 pm

14 stitches in my left leg as a teenager after falling and landing alongside some scrap metal.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

hmm

Postby Sebastian Michaelis » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Well when i was very little I fell off a pourch and hit my head fracturing my skull slightly x.x:sweat:
I am simply one hell of a butler-FKA MajorArmstrong-
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators
Sebastian Michaelis

Postby Dante » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Ouch. All of this sounds rather painful. Can't call my stomach problems an "injury" as such, nor the pressure pains on that one air-flight, although those produced the worst physical pain I experienced in my life.

One that was quite frightening and rather painful that would qualify as my "worst injury" was when I was younger, I used to dig around in the couch for change and stuff - you know, because it was essentially free money and exciting to find. Unfortunately, the couches had ripped open in places and one had an exposed spring.

Don't ask me how it happened, but one of those things managed to pop and go straight into one of my fingers. That hurt bad enough, but because of the curve and the weight of the couch, I was essentially stuck - so any movement I made was like moving a fish hook around in my finger. I was stuck on there for a few minutes and my parents were calling 911 to get someone out to pull this thing off of me when I finally managed to get the thing off, needless to say it was bleeding quite bad. The hole was small though, so no stitches were necessary and there isn't so much as any kind of physical evidence that it ever happened to me today.

I don't dig around in couches anymore XD.
Dante

Postby samurai10 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Let's see....

I sprained my ankle once by falling down a couple of steps in a stair way. that's my worse injury. I still have a scar from when my dog accidentally made some wood hit my shin two or three years ago. I fell off my bike a couple of times, especially when I was trying to do some tricks with it....lol. I've stepped on two tacks. That really hurt DX When I was younger, I was trying to open something that was sealed, but I could get the seal off. I took a fork and tried stabbing it open, but I ended up stabbing my thumb instead of the seal. And then I stubbed my toe, and it almost took my whole nail off.

Yeah.....
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:14 pm

Man, I totally forgot that I've stepped on a nail before. That hurt.

ANd then there was the time I managed to stab myself with the scissors- I was opening a package, they slipped, and they got my hand. It went in just under the top layer of skin though, so there was no blood.
Atria35

Postby ADXC » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:17 pm

I broke my nose last summer. Fun stuff indeed. XD
ADXC

Postby Midori » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:08 pm

As a kid I used to fall down on my knees and skin them...not good enough?

Well, I hit my head falling off a hammock once. A also got hit in the head with a bat. But I never got a concussion, the worst I got was a small lump. Still not doing it for you?

Hmm...several years ago I fell on pavement and slightly chipped a tooth?

I honestly have never had an injury that directly caused me to visit a doctor. Illnesses, infections, and eye conditions, sure, but never injuries.
Midori

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:06 pm

I fell in a store in 2006 and tore the cartilidge in my knee. I had to have orthopedic surgery to repair it.

When I was 6-7, got cut right above my eye by a shard of glass when a glass bottle exploded when my uncle was burning trash.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Garland » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:30 pm

About the worst thing that happened to me was hitting my left thumb with a hammer while trying to drive in a nail last summer. Then I got angry and tried to drive in the nail again, but I missed and hit my thumb again. The last evidence of it is almost gone now.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:31 pm

I almost never get hurt. I just have stories from friends.
Like the one time a friend got hit in the eyebrow with a Frisbee and had to get stitches. Fun fun.
Ante Bellum

Postby Dante » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh wait, I also forgot the time I accidentally stapled my own hand. You should have seen the look on my face - a mixture of "why did I just do that to me?" and "AIOUCH!"
Dante

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:36 pm

Heh, the "why did I do that" look is awesome. I think I had one when I sliced into my thumb a couple months ago while cutting the rubber away from electrical copper.
Ante Bellum

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:36 pm

Long jump down, had a pretty bad fracturing of my bone, a bad bump on my head and a hurting torso. Quite simple, yet painful.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Rewin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Pascal (post: 1455493) wrote:Oh wait, I also forgot the time I accidentally stapled my own hand. You should have seen the look on my face - a mixture of "why did I just do that to me?" and "AIOUCH!"

Lol, Winry did that once :lol:

My worst injury was when I was 4 and fell off a barstool (no, I was not in a bar) and landed head first on the tile floor resulting in a minor concussion. Other than that I've got a wonderful assortment of scars on my hands, arms and legs from various things ranging from bike crashes to cow bites :sweat:
Mmmmmm, bacon.....
Rewin

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:02 pm

The only one I remember was falling over on my dirt bike and my wrist bending backwards. I have to ware a brace once in a while. Other than a few cuts and bruises, nothing worth mentioning.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:24 am

I've never really had any bad injuries. The closest thing that came to a bad injury was when I was dancing in my room. I jumped up and when I came down, my foot turned inward and I sprained my ankle. I also got hit on the eyebrow by a metal baseball bat. I'm pretty sure I'll get a bad one in no time, though; I play field hockey and just last summer one of my teammates got her forehead split open by getting hit with the field hockey stick. I'm starting to get scared. >_<
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:30 am

The worst injury I've had is when I was in...the 5th grade, and I was out rollerblading in my street. XD I turned around to head back to my house, and some kid behind me who was on a bicycle didn't see me somehow and ran straight into me. XD I ended up not having to get stitches, but I did have to take a trip to the ER to get some bandages and things like that. XD I still have a scar from when that happened, but I guess if that's the worst injury I've got, I'm doing pretty okay. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:31 pm

This thread makes me wince.

I've never had an injury significant enough to land me in the hospital. This one time a stupid dog bit me and my mom freaked out about it and took me to the ER (on her 40th birthday, no less). Also, once I was peeling carrots and I got my finger instead of the carrot. Still have a scar from that. I also seem to remember slicing open my toe on my grandparents' old metal lawn furniture way back when I was a young'un. Other than that, nothing. I'm either not very accident-prone or not very adventurous. Or both.

I have sat directly on a cactus, though.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:44 pm

I also burned my finger using my Easy Bake oven when I was 10.:lol:
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Atria35 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:14 pm

I ust remembered that I managed to slice open my finger on my razor when I was fumbling around in my luggage. Ugh- I ended up bleeding through several layers of a shirt I was using to wrap it in while I went down the hallway to the manager's desk (I was staying in a hostel by myself at the time). It was a deep cut.
Atria35

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Hmmmm.....

I had my nose busted into pieces in the fifth grade, and recently I snapped my petaller tendion and ripped my right miniscus.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Oh man, I just remembered my worse one. Well, scariest. I was flying down a steep hill on my bike. The road started to level out when I hit my brake. My front brake. My front tire immediately stop and I went over the handle bars. I would of split my head open if not for my helmet.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby crusader88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Right before 4th grade, I broke my wrist when I was crawling through a play structure too fast. I wailed and cried for over half an hour, and had to wear a cast for months.
...you must begin a reading program immediately so that you may understand the crises of our age... Begin with the late Romans, including Boethius, of course. Then you should dip rather extensively into early Medieval. You may skip the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. That is mostly dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you had better skip the Romantics and the Victorians too. For the contemporary period, you should study some selected comic books.

-Ignatius J. Reilly, in John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces, 1960s

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
crusader88

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:18 pm

When I was twelve, I rode my bike down a col-de-sac and ran head first into a huge block of wood (You know, when they're building houses and stuff). Chipped a tooth and got 6 stitches on my lip. Not really a contender in the running is it? Unless burning my finger counts.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Next

Return to General