One of the best sermon's I have ever heard.

Talk about anything in here.

One of the best sermon's I have ever heard.

Postby TGJesusfreak » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oWp5TR_fnw
Louie Giglio is preaching. The first sermon goes to part 5. I cried about 2/3s of the way through the first sermon. This effected me deeply. And really made me think about my faith.

Post your thoughts and comments about what you felt and what it did for you.

*edit* you can find the next parts after this first video on the side of the screen.
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Watched this at the library. It nearly moved me to tears a few times. That story is really tragic.

And yes, it gave me some new stuff to think about.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Louie is an amazing speaker. I watched his Indescribable sermon last December, and promptly bought it right after I saw it. xD I love it...

I haven't watched this one before though, I'll have to check it out!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Warrior4Christ » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 am

Yeah, Louie's pretty great... he's good at explaining and sticking to the truth. I've been watching some of his DVDs in the last few weeks, including this one.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:26 am

It just seemed like a regular sermon I guess? I listened to the first three parts but didn't hear anything particularly interesting or mind-blowing, just the standard "God is there even when it seems like He isn't and life is hard and He never said it would be easy but He said He would be there for you" shtick. I mean not that there's anything wrong with that, it's a good message, but he didn't really add anything new or unique to it, it was just your standard cookie-cutter sermon on hope and pain. So like I said, I didn't feel interested in listening to anything after the third part. XD

I don't doubt it's a good sermon, don't feel like I'm saying "This sermon was dumb and boring!" because it isn't. It's definitely good! Just I've heard this topic run into the ground repeatedly so this was one of those "Yep, heard this. Yep, heard this too. Yep, I know that. Yep, exactly what everyone else has said" type things.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby That Dude » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:54 pm

I saw this video a while back and thought it was pretty good...I kinda ere on Nate's side though.

Here's probably the best sermon I've ever heard on the subject.

http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/rebels-guide-to-joy/the-rebels-guide-to-joy-in-suffering
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Furen » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 pm

It was good, I liked it, not my favourite one ever, I preferred the one my pastor did this Sunday about the "Quick and Easy". But that was a nice one!
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:59 pm

It's definately not Louie's most gripping sermon. XD I'd give that to "Indescribable" but I think it was the testimony that he told during this one that really got me.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:08 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1452460) wrote:I think it was the testimony that he told during this one that really got me.

Yeah, for me too, I think.

I haven't heard any of this guy's other sermons, though, so I don't have much to compare it to.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby TGJesusfreak » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Nate (post: 1452388) wrote:So like I said, I didn't feel interested in listening to anything after the third part. XD

No offense Nate. and I'm not disagreeing with what you said. but part 4 and 5 are the parts that really got me. Before you fully judge I would finish the sermon. lol Just sayin. Part 4 is what made my cry. and I didnt really get teary for the first 3 parts at all. but part 4 is what did it. so to judge without watching one of the most important parts is a bit judgemental Nate. Just saying.

Not that I really disagreee with your post Nate... but you should finish before judging. XD

Of course, knowing me, I might be misunderstanding you. xo I must ask to make sure I didnt misunderstand; did you watch all 5 parts?
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Return to General