I think God wants me to....

Talk about anything in here.

I think God wants me to....

Postby fermy6 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:30 am

I've been talking with God about this for a while and I think he wants me to move to Holland....He probably has some work for me there and I think he wants me to move there next year....but this is only my last year of high school and my parents have already started helping me plan my university entrants and stuff and I live all the way in South Africa....pray for me please and help me if you can
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:05 am

Good luck, I'll be praying!
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Falx » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:17 am

I pray that your purpose will be revealed to you, boet. Make sure to ask God to send people your way to train you for whatever aspect of missionary work you will be doing!
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby Nanao » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:32 am

will be praying for you for wisdom and guidance. moving countries is a big decision. you mentioned that your parents are helping you start to plan your university studies. have you considered the possibility of university in Holland? it might be a good way to get started there. it might also give you an avenue for friends and outreach, as well as keeping you moving towards your academic goals.
Nanao

Postby fermy6 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:55 am

That's a good idea....but if God wants this for me I have to break it to my family and I don't know how....
You'd be long gone
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Kaori » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:19 am

Can you share with us why you feel that God is calling you to Holland? Is there a specific work or ministry you have in mind?

I agree with Risa that moving to a different country is a major decision. Does it have to be now, or could moving there after college be an option? Right after college is a pretty good time to move to a different country—speaking from experience, since that is what I did myself. Alternately, echoing Risa again, are there any opportunities for you to go to a university in Holland? I don’t know what university is like in South Africa or Holland, but in the States, a large part of the college experience is the friendships you can make with other people who are about the same age as you and share your interests; it’s harder to have that kind of bonding experience if you don’t go to college straight out of high school, and it’s also hard (in the States, at least) to go to undergraduate college full-time if you don’t go immediately after graduating.

It’s a bit difficult to really give advice without knowing anything about your circumstances, your reasons for wanting to go, or what universities are like in South Africa or Holland, but my general advice would be to talk it over with your parents and at least think about the possibility of either going after getting your bachelor’s degree or pursuing a university education in Holland. My observation has been that if you go to do work or ministry in another country, it’s pretty hard to get any further credentials once you’re out in the field. So, I think it’s better to first get whatever credentials you need for the ministry you want to do, which enables you to make a long-term commitment to whatever opportunity it is that you’re pursuing. But that’s just my viewpoint as an American working in Japan (completely different circumstances).

Anyways, God does sometimes call people to follow paths that are not ordinary; I will pray that God will give you the wisdom and discernment to know which path is best.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby fermy6 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:15 pm

My talents are in music so I would say that my place in ministry would be praise and worship
You'd be long gone
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Return to General