Another Suncoast and FYE Bites The Dust

Talk about anything in here.

Another Suncoast and FYE Bites The Dust

Postby ashfire » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:44 pm

I just learned the Suncoast store close to me is closing and the next store to go to would be in Union Staion in Wash. DC.
The store I was able to get to was in another county below where I live but was easy to get to in the only mall there.
I have purchased many of my anime and a few manga in the store for years. They had a great selection but I guess sales hit the store hard and the company decided it was finished.
There was a FYE in the same mall which closed a couple of years ago which had videos and music.
I guess I will find anime at Best Buy just up the highway, buy on line, or wait and attend a anime con and check in the dealer room.
Or check store locations for a store with a good selections.
ashfire

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:53 pm

I'd suggest also seeing if you can find an independent retailer, especially if you live in a bigger city.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Barnes & Noble carries a lot of manga titles. Can't say the same for anime, though.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Atria35 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Anime is really expensive at bookstores. I never buy from there.

Actually, I buy most of my anime online since it's a lot cheaper than in the stores.
Atria35

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Yeah, at the mall around here there was a Suncoast and an FYE, but the Suncoast closed and some of their stock and employees were moved to the FYE (which seems to be doing fine). There was also a Borders Express that had a passable manga shelf, but it closed and got replaced by a kitchenware store.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:53 pm

Suncoast has been in trouble for a long time. I'd suggest buying online if you can. You can get some good deals that way sometimes.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:19 pm

I've found that at least my own Hastings has really good prices but it doesn't charge shipping.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Return to General