Under The Big Top At Necko Con

Talk about anything in here.

Under The Big Top At Neko Con

Postby ashfire » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Well 18 days until Neko Con 13 and the theme Under The Big Top. I will be there working as Attendee Management Service person and then enjoying the show after my shift unless others need help during the show.
What will attendees cosplay as. First thought clowns, but there are dancers, trapeze and tight rope artist, animal trainers and riders and other performers as circus people.
Well most attendees will cosplay as their favorite anime and manga charactor for the halls and cosplay. Again the show is in Hampton VA at the Hampton Roads Convention Center Nov. 5-6-7, 2010.
ashfire

Postby ashfire » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:11 pm

One thing being discussed are people being afraid of clowns. Now I have seen people dressed as the Joker at cons but there are the movie monster clowns that attendees might cosplay as but you always have those that cosplay as something scary at the cons.
ashfire

Postby ashfire » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Well 12 days to Neko Con. Waiting to see if anything NEW will be added. The past couple of years they have added bands to the con, local and Japanese.
Its gotten to be a medium size con compared to Otakon. There are some rooms of the convention center we have not used as yet. I know one morning a small local church used a room for church services with all the craziness of con attendees.
The first year the HRCC was used by the con we had a Catholic Church having their banguet along with the US Marine Corps banquet using the two upper ballrooms. Imagine a real nun following a cosplay nun to find out where the banquet is being held.
It was quite a mix of people in one building and a rap concert across the road.
We still share the building with someother event during the con.
ashfire

Postby ashfire » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:45 pm

I have wonder if any other CAA members attend Neko Con than myself. One thing is that the con is always looking for volunteers to make up the crew that runs the show. They usually start has Gofers and then can work out to other different teams that work the show. I was lucky when I started when the con was small because they needed medical people for the show when it was in a hotel. When we moved to the Hampton Roads Convention Center security and medical became Attendee Management Services and have to allow the center to handle law enforcement and medical manners, which means we can act to help but not to treat or use force to control a serious incident.
ashfire

Postby ashfire » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:26 pm

Four days until "Under The Big Top" at Neko Con 13. Just waiting to start packing Wed and then pickup my friend on Thru and head for the show.
Already seen that the hotel we are staying is completely booked, but we will be there before all those people show up usually Friday. Since we are part of the cons crew we will help out with setting up on Thur afternnoon and evening and then have dinner back to the hotel for some rest and sleep. Got to be ready for 8AM to 2PM AMS duty. I will help if something happens the rest of the day since I have one of those UHF radios that can be purchased as a family comunitcation radio which the con uses for its teams and monitor what is happening while in the convention center.
ashfire

Postby ashfire » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:40 am

Well one day to Neko Con Under The Big Top. I will be off here soon and traveling and its raining along the East Coast plus the tempertures in Hampton VA will be COLD through out the weekend at night. I mean anyone in a skimpy costure had better wear something warm or will have goose pimples on top of goose pimples.
Its been a while since there has been a cold con for this one.
I better call my friend and tell her to bring warm clothes.
ashfire

Postby ashfire » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Well got back a few hours ago. The show was great this year. One problem was the alarm company came to work on the alarm system the first day on the con. We had a short evac of the con when the convention center staff stopped the people and said it was a test.
The only other problem was the hotel my friend has reserved for the third year. Things were fine until the card keys would not twice on the room. The heat was a mess. We were moved to another room Sat while I was in the middle of a event. The second room had problems too. The bathroom door had been kicked in so the lock was damaged which caused problem for my friend and I. The heat was also a mess.
I would say never reserve a room at a Ramada Inn until you check it out good.
We plan to stay at the Embassy Suites next year. It might cost us but the hotel will be better and closer to the convention building.
ashfire

Return to General