Your CAA skin

Talk about anything in here.

Your CAA skin

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:19 pm

I was just playing around with the CP when I tried the skin chooser option. I found it really odd to see CAA differently, and wondered how everyone else viewed CAA. So, what skin do you all use?
I think I'm going to stick with forum default, since the others(esp. lite) hurt my eyes... x.x
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby armeck » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:28 pm

never thought of trying the other skins until i saw this post, i like to stick with the "CAA NEW" because that's what i am used to
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:31 pm

I thought you needed the default for the chat to work. I haven't changed it at all.
Ante Bellum

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:03 pm

the New one is the one everyone should probably stick with.. It has updated code for the chat, gallery etc...

I liked CAA lite, its what was up when I first joined lol.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:52 pm

I've always preferred the old CAA skin (which is not to say the new CAA skin is bad), but new is what gets access to the chat, so you can guess what I stick with.
Fish and Chips

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:05 am

If I remember correctly, isn't the default skin the new skin?

I use the default one.. Which, is the one compatible with chat (?) ^^ It's dark, but it's the only dark I can handle out of the really dark skins with bright letters on them @__@
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:49 am

I use whatever default is, since defualt is the one that usually works with the whole site.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Atria35 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:49 am

Default. I don't mess around with site skins- if I change it after I first see it, I get disoriented when I log on for a few days
Atria35

Postby goldenspines » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:38 am

Wow, I had never really tried any of the other skins since we switched to the darker layout; until now. XD

But yeah, New CAA (or the default) is the only skin that will allow you access the chat. (the CAA Lite skins will give you the link to the chat, but it will not load for you). And the Noz skin still has the arcade link. XD; It doesn't work though. :<

Maybe in the future, Mith will find time and a way to make the chat accessible from all skins. (at least New CAA and CAA lite). Maybe in the site update....>_>

I personally prefer the lovely warm gray and black color scheme that is the default skin. It's not too harsh on the eyes, which makes for easier navigation and reading.
goldenspines

Postby Okami » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 am

[quote="goldenspines (post: 1420222)"]Wow, I had never really tried any of the other skins since we switched to the darker layout]

This makes me miss the Arcade. I spent countless hours in there. XD
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby blkmage » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:40 am

I was still on lite up until about a year or two ago when I realized some site functions were not working properly.
blkmage

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:46 am

The loss of the arcade may not be totally permanent. No guarantees on that one, but we *might* be able to bring it back in a future redesign. It's on the list of possible enhancements.
Mithrandir

Postby Okami » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:16 am

Mithrandir (post: 1420244) wrote:The loss of the arcade may not be totally permanent. No guarantees on that one, but we *might* be able to bring it back in a future redesign. It's on the list of possible enhancements.

I would love you for this, Mith, if it were to happen. \o.o/

...That is, if my grades don't slip. ;)
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Furen » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:15 am

I'm comfortable in my skin (New I think, it's the default).
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:40 am

I use the new default. XD I used to use CAA Lite, and I remember being really disoriented after the upgrade a few years ago, but now I can't imagine using anything else. XD The gray/black theme really is a lot easier on the eyes. XD I will say though, I'm always so surprised when I find old screencaps of the CAA Lite skin! It's so weird to see now! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:58 pm

I use CAA Lite and always have used it. I don't find it to be difficult on my eyes but some members here use lilac and other coloured text and you can't read what they've written. Is it really that difficult for everyone to write in the default text colour?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1420350) wrote:I use CAA Lite and always have used it. I don't find it to be difficult on my eyes but some members here use lilac and other coloured text and you can't read what they've written. Is it really that difficult for everyone to write in the default text colour?

Hmmm, the default color depends on which skin you sue :-? The default color for the default skin is white. Whereas, the default for the lite skin (I'd imagine) is black XD?

I would be guilty.. I at times like to color coat my happy birthdays xD;

I can just imagine what yellow looks like on a lite skin.. @__@
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:43 pm

CAA lite is black? That makes no sense! Okay Tsukuyomi, thanks for clearing that up for me. I use the white/light grey? skin. It uses less bandwidth. I have no problem with people occasionally using colour text. I only have issues with people using it often or all the time. It's just not necessary.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:26 am

I think she was referring to the Font Color as black on the Lite and white on the default, but I could be misunderstanding. It's been a while since I used any other skin.

Technically, the "lite" skin is an older one that's never been updated. It's considered an "expendable technology" by the staff. This means if there's ever a major issue with it during an upgrade, it will not be considered reason (in and of itself) to back out of the upgrade.
Mithrandir

Return to General