Two questions

Talk about anything in here.

Two questions

Postby Peanut » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:43 pm

This has been something on my mind and in my prayers for the past few weeks and I figure its time for me to actually post it. I want to ask all of CAA, myself included, two questions about the website:

1). What do you want CAA to be?

2). What are you doing (or going to do) to make it happen?

I'm not going to explain why I'm asking these questions because, frankly I think it will cheapen this thread and ultimately be useless. Anyway, since I've asked all of you, allow me to answer these questions first.

1). I want CAA to be a site where Christians with a similar interest can come together, connect and grow in Christ.

2). By this time next year, I can promise that the Prayer Guardians (or something like it) will be resurrected and establish a Skype Bible study for CAA members.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Angel37 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:09 pm

1. I want CAA to be a place to feel safe and connected with other Christians. A place that is a light in the darkness.

2. I will try to keep myself from saying things out of spite or arrogance or out of the desire to gain attention, and try to edify, encourage, and enjoy people here while looking for establishing real, true friendships.

(btw i'd be interested in both the prayer guardians and skype study so pm me if you'd like me on a team!)
Angel37

Postby Lost Journeyer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:47 pm

1. I would like CAA to eventually be something that will take on to evangelizing to Otaku.

Personal Experience:
At Fanime con 2010 in San Jose, there was a "Christian" group protesting the convention, they had signs and a megaphone, and were condemning everyone attending it. I was really tempted to talk to them, but i knew that if i did, there's no way i could keep it limited to a polite debate on our opposing views. What i want see is a group that evangelizes through love and acceptance rather than condemnation and repentance at anime conventions.

2. I am very interested in the skype thing. And I would love for this community to grow enough to do some real life meetings at conventions, and maybe even run booths at conventions.

I know this is some pretty radical stuff, but it could all start here and become a tool for God's glory.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
-Philippians 4:13

And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
-Matthew 19:26
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

James 2:19

"I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."
Mark 10:15

A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything.
Ecclesiastes 10:19
Lost Journeyer

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:47 pm

1). I would love to see CAA become a place where people can grow more and more in their faith. CAA has the anime part of the site down, but I don't think we should ever be satisfied with where God is in our lives... you know? I would like CAA to continue to be a place where Christians can come together and fellowship and help each other grow.

2). Within the past few years, life and lack of time has caused me to become a semi-lurker. I still post sometimes but I think I need to post more. I need to meet newer members and not be so complacent about welcoming them.

I also need to learn to love the people of CAA even more. And remember that the people who are posting aren't just computer screens.

That Bible Study idea sounds nice. :)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Furen » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Yeah I think the bible study would be awesome if someone of the qualifications would start one up again.

1. I want CAA to be a nice atmosphere where people can come and hang out with no fear and be able to share freely and openly about their faith.

2. Well for right now just pray for everyone here at CAA and keep up with all the latest stuff here
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:49 pm

1) I want CAA to be a place where people of all ages and with similar interests can gather to create friendships, grow, and learn together in Christ. I would like to see CAA grow and change with it's members. Many of us on CAA have gotten older and grown up here, and I would love to see that reflected in the overall site.

2) Honestly, aside from continuing and increasing my posts and participation in the forums, I don't know that there is a whole lot that individual members like myself can do to make this come true.

EDIT: Atria35 makes a great point, CAA should be a great place for everyone, Christian or not.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Atria35 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:57 pm

1. Where people (Christians and otherwise) can gather to discuss common interests and build friendships in a safe online forum, where they can all feel their opinions and feelings are respected.

2. Not be mean to others. If I express an opinion or disagree with someone, try to make sure that it doesn't come across as disparaging, just a respectful difference on likes and why.
Atria35

Postby Peanut » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:13 am

Thank you for taking the time to share your answers to these questions with all of us.

I have made a note of everyone who has expressed interest in both the Skype Bible study and Prayer guardians. I just want you to know that it might be a few months before you hear anything else about this. It all depends on how much time I have this next semester.

Peanut

Postby GeneD » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:31 am

Skype bible study seems self-explanatory but what exactly do prayer guardians do?

I don't have anything new to add to what the others have given as their answers, but i agree with Kitchan about interacting more.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Peanut » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:34 am

Prayer guardians was a group on CAA that basically prayed over prayer requests that were either given to them or came up in the prayer forum or were told directly to them by members.

Peanut

Postby Kunoichi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:34 am

I would be interested in the Skype Study.

My views of what I want CAA to be has already been said.

2. Try to not overreact when I see others' saying something I strongly disagree with. Remember that not everyone is going to understand everyone's situation or even believe it. This is something I'm working on in general though, not just on CAA. :)
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Return to General