Wow. Really?

Talk about anything in here.

Wow. Really?

Postby Sheenar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:48 am

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:34 am

BBC seems to have written a more detailed and even handed report on this.

I don't care who you are or what your intentions are, you really shouldn't tell a terminally ill person to not bother with doctors.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:41 am

Check the source. It's worldnetdaily... which is comparable to Fox in it's very VERY right-wing bias. It also never had any credible foundation as an actual news source.

BBC though, does tend to be more fair.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:31 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Check the source. It's worldnetdaily... which is comparable to Fox in it's very VERY right-wing bias. It also never had any credible foundation as an actual news source.

BBC though, does tend to be more fair.

I'll ignore part of this. You know where I stand on the TV news station wars. Plus it'd derail the thread in a jiffy.
But you're right, the BBC News article Cog posted goes into more detail.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Nate » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:34 am

Hey guys let's skew the facts and ignore the fact that he told her to not get medical help or see a doctor, and pretend instead that it's because he said the word "God!"

The persecution complex of some Christians is absolutely astounding. I know what I'll do, I'll go get a machine gun and shoot it downtown while loudly yelling "LISTEN TO ME, JESUS IS THE MESSIAH, ACCEPT HIM AND LIVE A LIFE OF HOLINESS!" and then when I get arrested I'll say it was because they're discriminating against my belief in God.

That's basically what the WND people are doing.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:50 am

Nate's comment ALMOST makes me want to read the article, but I'm fed up with the media wars. They don't have cool sound effects.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:56 am

Rusty Claymore wrote:Nate's comment ALMOST makes me want to read the article, but I'm fed up with the media wars. They don't have cool sound effects.

You're my new man-crush.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:25 am

Well, having read both articles, it definitely looks like WND has made it look like the guy was fired just for mentioning God.
I think he wanted to make it really public, didn't they mention something about him making the case public and revealing details to the media? Somehow I am willing to bet that this is going to turn into a huge deal.
Ante Bellum

Postby blkmage » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:42 am

Nah, this is from the UK; they're a lot less reactionary about this stuff.
blkmage

Postby Sheenar » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:08 pm

Yeah, a friend on Facebook had posted that. I figured that wasn't the whole story. Things tend to be really one-sided sometimes and it's irritating. And it doesn't reflect well on Christians.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to General