Questions

Talk about anything in here.

Questions

Postby Mister » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:12 pm

ok, so i'm in a questioning mood. so i'm going to ask a question or two that i already know MY answer too. reason being is that i want to know YOUR answer to it. i really want to know more about the people i interact with here, and how they think. so participate! THAT'S AN ORDER!

1). What is the true meaning and objective of a Christian, Spirit filled, and God focused, life?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby armeck » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:23 pm

to follow God's calling for their life
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Mister » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:43 pm

..... what's the process and outcome of biscuits?...... open package, place on pan, bake in oven till golden brown..... DETAILS! lol

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:59 pm

I don't think anyone can really know for certain.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:56 am

To love the LORD your God with all your heart and all your mind and all your soul and all you strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself. And for all the myriad of times you screw that up, to trust in Jesus, his life as a person, his death, and his resurrection... which is part of Loving God anyhow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:40 am

Me being the total hippie that I am, I'd have to say to love one another as God loves us. It's one of the most important, yet hardest, bits to follow. The Bible is filled with so many examples and stories highlighting how it's important. Yet I have seen so many Chrisitans just reject those who don't believe out-of-hand, decrying them as 'heathens' or 'devil-worshipers' (this last one I saw in person- I was so embarassed and ashamed), that I know that whatever else is in there, it's the one that people don't seem to know how to follow.

I cannot answer further, as I have not yet died and therefore cannot answer with any surety.
Atria35

Postby armeck » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:54 am

God's calling is different for each person. 10 people could give you different answers and they all be right
armeck

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:39 am

You guys this thread is awesome so far. Keep that up, but seriously, I am so stoked with the way this is being handled thus far. XD

Also, I think BobtheDuck said it best. Also you, Atria. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:55 am

I don't know what Caesar thought
When he got to the Ides of March.
I don't know what Houdini bought
When he went to the store but I sure do miss the 80s.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mister » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:31 am

i agree with radical. so far you guys have given some awesome answers. i agree with Atria, i've seen a lot of hostility from Christians towards the heathen/non-believers.

one very important aspect of the call of God, is a general call that we all have. this general call is located in Matthew 28:19, and also in Mark 16:15. this aspect is vital to our Christian life. as Christ himself spent most of his time on earth reaching people, so must we.

Mister

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Mister (post: 1410947) wrote:What is the true meaning and objective of a Christian, Spirit filled, and God focused, life?
Disclaimer: **answers given are by no means believed to be absolutely or universally true, nor are they beyond reproach**

(1) the meaning - I think this part of the question has been somehow ignored, perhaps b/c it is inherently trickier. Meaning is such a difficult term to define...the way it's used in the public consciousness now is to denote something like significance+beauty. So, bearing this in mind, I believe that the Christian life holds meaning that all forms of religious life share to some degree. Living, really, actively living one's life not solely for oneself or one's appetites (not that those are inherently bad) but, instead, in view of something eternal (or at least atemporal), something greater than your single self]do [/B]in such a life? Here is where my answer becomes much less original: love. Love God, love mankind, (this act contains much more than a feeling for the collective of human beings; we are meant to love each individual) and love the whole of creation. Communal love pre-dates creation, for the Trinity pre-dates creation and there was love by each person of the Trinity for the other two. We can never adequately repay Christ or express our gratitude; however, we respond to His love with our own love...not fear, bitterness, resentment, feelings of unlovable-ness, or anxiety. We are to commune with God in love. We love others through giving ourselves: we are each a sort of sacrifice, meant to give ourselves to people in love, as Christ did for us...drink offerings poured out upon our neighbor. Is this possible? Only one person has succeeded, and we can only imitate. God is good; thus what He creates is good b/c it is from Him. He has created much for Himself but also for us and our enjoyment. I believe embracing creation to be an important part of embracing God and His goodness.

As far as occupational objectives go, I have come to believe that , while there is indeed a certain job that will make us most happy and is meant for us, possessing that job isn't necessarily an essential objective of the Christian life in and of itself. Participating in our calling is simply a vehicle to put us in the place God has designated for us to love (Him, people, creation).

...Other than that...I got nothin'...
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby armeck » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:07 pm

oooooh general calling. yeah preach the gospel to all the world XD
armeck

Postby Mister » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:34 am

arm... XD

Doctor's post was awesome, i'm truly glad someone took the time to make an educated post on this topic, i do have some questions for Doctor, but i will save them for a personal post.

keep it up guys!/gals!

Mister

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:45 am

Mister (post: 1411286) wrote:i do have some questions for Doctor, but i will save them for a personal post.
PM me any time =)
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Hohenheim » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:07 pm

I'd personally have to go with what Bob, Atria, and Doc had to say on the matter. Very insightful stuff. It is a matter of interpretation, though, so different people may have different ideas.
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby Dante » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:03 pm

1). What is the true meaning and objective of a Christian, Spirit filled, and God focused, life?

Ooh oh, I know this one! Shame I don't implement it though more often, simple. difficult. Two words, two simple words, nothing more... nothing less. Maybe you should ask God to tell you, but seeking your purpose can be dangerous. You might not find an answer so easily, it may consume you. It most certainly can. For there be treasure, but where there is treasure, there are also dragons.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Return to General