Otakon 2010 Meetup

Talk about anything in here.

Otakon 2010 Meetup

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:17 am

Not bumping the old thread in order to bring up some new important information.

For all those attending Otakon 2010 and wish to be part of the SUPER-DUPER AWESOME OFFICIAL (BUT REALLY UNOFFICIAL) CAA OTAKON MEET-UP THING-GROUP -- or SDAO(BRU)CAAOMUTG for short -- then please, please, please, PM me with both your name (not required, but preferred) and phone number (preferably a cellphone or something. Please specify!) for contacting purposes. I'll keep them confidential and stuff.

We've tried meetups in the past without phones and that has proven to be REALLY difficult. So please PM me if I do not have your information or if your phone number changed or something. Heck, PM me your infoz anyway just in case.

Sphank, all.

Note: This meetup is not endorsed nor supported by CAA. It's not some cool official CAA function or anything, lol. Just nerdy CAA folks getting together to chillax and hang out. XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:45 am

You already have my number I believe. Or at least you'd better.

Hey when can I stay at your house? I'm coming on Thursday because I don't want to wait in line Friday morning to get a badge, because that's lame. I can get a hotel room if I have to, just curious if I have to or not.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Sheol777 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:55 am

I will be there, hopefully my panel attendance schedule will be lighter this year too....but probably not. :sweat:
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:01 am

I'm hoping my panel attendance schedule will be heavier. I was really angry that there weren't any toku panels last year. I hope there's at least one this year (there were two the year before last!).

Nate

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:55 pm

I am so stoked. I'm making it a point to be a lot more freed-up socially this year (I was disappointed to have missed lunch last year, even though it was for Mary McGlynn).
Ryan, my cell # hasn't changed, but if you lost it let me know.

By the way, my cosplay this year is sweet. Hint: freakishly large knees.

Oh and one last thing: As I mentioned in the other thread, IchiTone and Nekochan_C will be joining us as well. If you need their numbers, I can ask if it'd be all right to send them to you. Or I could just encourage them to post in here more often. :)
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby yukoxholic » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Aww, I'll be at Otakon all 3 days but I don't know if I'll have time for the meet up this year though if anyone plans on attending music events or the h.NAOTO fashion show let me know! Hope you guys have an awesome time if you spot me say hello or if you see a super cute Beatrice cosplayer or Alice-inspi-Lolita that's moi! XD
yukoxholic

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 pm

Y'all are terrible and I wish I could be there for this. D:
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:21 pm

I wish I could goooo. 8( Take lots of pictures and have fun!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ClosetOtaku » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Looking forward to seeing everyone who attends...
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Hah, so if you go to their front page, it seems they banned Vuvuzelas.

Smart move, Otakon. Smart move.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:59 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1410551) wrote:Hah, so if you go to their front page, it seems they banned Vuvuzelas.

They were selling them at AX... XD.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ADXC » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:49 pm

Man, if Maryland was closer I'd come.

But maybe next year I maybe could come up if I either find transportation or just risk it with my old car.
ADXC

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1410551) wrote:Hah, so if you go to their front page, it seems they banned Vuvuzelas.

How DARE they discriminate against South African culture! This'll mean war and loud monotone protesting!
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby minakichan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:45 pm

HAY GUYS I'M GOING TOO and I have a hotel room now =D =D =D

I'm going to hit up a lot of panels; I also have to CONDUCT RESEARCH for my THESIS on FANARTISTS (so if you know anyone who draws animu fanart or if you draw it yourself, I'm looking to do interviews with anyone willing! It'd be a huge help <3)

YAY MY FIRST OTAKON.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:50 pm

I'll be with my cosplay group most of the time probably so we get maximum attention and lulz.

My roomie, her little brother, and I will have to leave con briefly on Friday to go back to my house to meet up with the last member of our group, but we'll be back, XD.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 pm

This came up at the Anime Iowa staff meeting. We've decided it probably won't matter.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ashfire » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:08 pm

Just to let everyone know there is work being done to the skywalk that goes toward Inner Harbor and and across to the Bank of America Building. There is fencing around that end of the BCC on the street and the second level and I am not sure about the walkway to the BoA.
I seen this Thursday while attending Firehouse Expo. I plan to go tomorrow for some more info and check out a flea market and model show.
Also there has been a change of food vendors in the BCC. I not sure if they are up and running yet.
ashfire

Postby Peanut » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:14 pm

If you've somehow lost my phone number within the past week Ryan, then I'll have to disown you as a friend for all eternity (but still stay at your house to cause maximum awkwardness).

I'll only be at Otakon 2 days this year...well, maybe...it depends on when we leave the con on Saturday this year...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby ashfire » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:42 am

Well bagels are gone and Go Gourmet replaced them. I seen pulled pork sandwiches, sandwich warps, salads, and a few other things on their list of items they have. I hope they are ready for Otakon?
ashfire

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Aw man, the Einsten Bros. bagel place closed down?

Eh no big loss. They weren't that good anyway.

Nate

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:54 pm

I'll be there like shareware.
Fish and Chips

Postby ashfire » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:24 pm

I just read where a Japanese MSDF ship is visting Baltimore starting today. The thing is that it will be leaving on Thursday. I thought wouldn't it be great for the crew to comeby the BCC or go by the Inner Harbor to see the ship during the con.
ashfire

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:35 am

Nate (post: 1412158) wrote:Aw man, the Einsten Bros. bagel place closed down?

Eh no big loss. They weren't that good anyway.

There's one next to my house. =p

And Ashfire. Did you want to meet up with us?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Nate » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 am

Well guess I need to go renew my tags and get my oil changed so that my car's engine doesn't seize up on the drive to/from Otakon. Maybe even get the tires replaced too. Stupid cars, needing regular maintenance.

Nate

Postby ashfire » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:58 pm

I'll have to see what happens. It depends on scheduling of the con and where things are. If you have a time and place I'll see. I am staying at the Holiday Inn with a friend and will be there Thursday afternoon to get into the hotel and to pickup my pass for the show. After that I will be looking for something to eat and might ended up back at the hotel to rest up for Friday.
My friend will be running around before he gets back. He is excitable about the cons he attends.
ashfire

Postby yukoxholic » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Just wondering...how many of you are picking up your badges on Thursday? XD I cannot believe how quickly this week has gone by so far, only a few more days until Otakon is here! ^_^!
yukoxholic

Postby ClosetOtaku » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Otakon schedule is posted.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Wish I was going >.> But no I can't I live in the Northwest so lame!
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Nate » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:34 pm

OH GOD YES THERE IS AT LEAST ONE TOKU PANEL THIS YEAR! NORWEGIAN DEALS!

I wish there was more than one but I will take what I can flippin' get.

Nate

Postby Sheol777 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:33 pm

I will pick up my badge on Thursday.

There seems to be a quicker line this year if you have a printout with your bar code on it.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Next

Return to General