Does it come with a super sized angioplasty?

Talk about anything in here.

Does it come with a super sized angioplasty?

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Carl's Jr., Hardee's test market foot-long burger

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Nate » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Normally I'd be all over this but eh...I'm not TOO big a fan of Hardee's burgers. I mean they're not AWFUL, but they're not that good either.

However, I'm quite interested in these new spicy footlongs at Subway the article mentions, and I wish we still had a Sonic here...and I wish we had a Quiznos. :\

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:54 pm

The Article wrote:"We live in a society that's fascinated with all things big," says Scott Hume, editor of BurgerBusiness.com, an industry trade site. "It's inherently American to push for something bigger and better than anyone else has."

I have no words, except for "good luck with your bigger, better heart attack!" XD

I mean seriously. I am all for a delicious hamburger, but I've always thought the whole "let's make it enormous" thing was just a touch superfluous. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:57 pm

If only this was made by Andy's. It would be my breakfast, lunch and dinner all in one.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Lol ^

I'd be full after a couple of bites >_> The rest would either be saved for later (and still not eaten all) or go to waste ^__^;;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Atria35 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:50 pm

....eeewww.....
Atria35

Postby armeck » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:00 pm

it looks gross. i don't have hardies where i live so i'll probably never eat one XD
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:11 pm

I don't have a hardies or a Carl's Jr. in my area, but this hamburger makes sense IF
you plan to share it with two other people...if not then...errm no.

The thing about Subway, is a lot of their footlong subs (excluding the Meatball Marinara, Tuna, Seafood Delite, and even the Philly steak) are not terrible for you, and tout 12 grams of fat (in the case of a Club footlong without mayonaisse) this is nearly twice at least, probabloy more since I only read to the Saturated fat part of the article.

Either way, unfortunately, I see this catching on.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 am

ChristianKitsune wrote:Either way, unfortunately, I see this catching on.

I hate it when people like things I dislike.

Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 am

Pfft, I got a little local place that makes excellent 8" burgers.

But curse you Carl's Jr. Now that you've made this, you've forced people to eat it due to simply existing.

Lol, why in the world are people ewwing over this? It's a long sandwich. They've been around for a while now. If they replaced the ground beef with cold cuts, it'd be a normal deli sandwich. And you don't have to assume that a person is going to eat it all in one sitting or by him/herself.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:48 am

You didn't know, Shao? Medical science is TOTALLY WRONG.

See, they used to think that if you habitually ate poorly, and didn't exercise or do any physical exertion, that you would be at greater risk for a heart attack than someone who ate healthy regularly and exercised daily.

But now we know that's WRONG. See, eating a footlong hamburger causes you to IMMEDIATELY have a heart attack, after eating just ONE. That's why it's so dangerous! And don't even think that if you regularly exercise, that will offset the effects of this sandwich. Nope, even if you work out twice a day and normally watch your calorie intake, you will STILL get an IMMEDIATE heart attack from eating this.

That's why people are so concerned.

Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:51 pm

You're so right Nate. No one knows how unhealthy fast food is. You know, it's a good thing we have movies like Supersize Me to tell us so.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Heh heh. By the way, I wanted to mention something else you hit the nail on the head with in your last post.
Shao Feng-Li wrote:If they replaced the ground beef with cold cuts, it'd be a normal deli sandwich.

I think that's the funniest part. If the sandwich was exactly the same, but had ham or turkey slices, no one would be going "EWWW" or "HEART ATTACK ON A BUN." But replace it with burgers, and suddenly everyone freaks out! It's kind of funny in a baffling way.

Heck it doesn't even have to be one of the "healthy" meats like turkey. Just replace the burgers with roast beef. Or corned beef. Heck, replace it with chicken patties and it suddenly becomes Subway's chicken breast sub!

I guess maybe it's the fact that it's from Hardee's/Carl's Jr. If Subway had introduced this, I guarantee nobody would have said a word about it.

But I do like your point about it basically just being a footlong sub except with beef patties instead of beef slices. Really puts things into perspective about how silly and over-reactionary people are being.

Nate

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Man, I really hate those Subway commercials where they're all smug and self-righteous about their stinkin' sandwiches. I hope this thing is cheaper than five bucks just to screw with 'em.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Nate (post: 1409698) wrote:Heh heh. By the way, I wanted to mention something else you hit the nail on the head with in your last post.

I think that's the funniest part. If the sandwich was exactly the same, but had ham or turkey slices, no one would be going "EWWW" or "HEART ATTACK ON A BUN." But replace it with burgers, and suddenly everyone freaks out! It's kind of funny in a baffling way.

Heck it doesn't even have to be one of the "healthy" meats like turkey. Just replace the burgers with roast beef. Or corned beef. Heck, replace it with chicken patties and it suddenly becomes Subway's chicken breast sub!

I guess maybe it's the fact that it's from Hardee's/Carl's Jr. If Subway had introduced this, I guarantee nobody would have said a word about it.

But I do like your point about it basically just being a footlong sub except with beef patties instead of beef slices. Really puts things into perspective about how silly and over-reactionary people are being.

Not exactly, Nate.

The difference is that the Chicken Patties you mentioned only have about 6 grams of fat per patty, compared to hamburger meat which probably has around 15-20. And you are getting 3 per sandwich, while in Subway's case: you are only getting 2.

The difference is deli meats are thinner, and Subway is required to only put, say 2-4 slices on the bread, (even in footlongs) Some cases, like turkey and roast beef, it's 6.

Roast beef, turkey, and ham are leaner meats than hamburger, and therfore are perfect acceptable as a footlong sandwich. Although I wouldn't recommend eating a footlong in one sitting XD but you can if you want :P It won't kill you instantly, however it does add up.

Subway is on a good streak here, however their subs are ONLY good for you IF:
You don't coat them with mayo, and other fattening sauces. Sandwiches like the meatball marinara and even the innocent looking tuna salad are freaking fattening. The meatball marina six inch is around 20+ grams of fat and the tuna is a whopping 30+ thanks to the mayo.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Kitsune makes a good point.

If you eat something like this one time, or even a few times, or even once a month, it's not going to kill you (unless you happen to choke on it or something). Eating it every single day for the rest of your life? Not sure I would recommend that, but hey, different strokes.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:14 pm

Subway is just cheap when it comes to the meat. I'm more worried about the carbs from the bread. Fats help absorb the good things in food anyway. Go to a real deli and you get an inch of meat. I'm hungry now.

So basically it's the beef itself people don't like? I'll jsut make my own with some 90/10 or somethinh XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby armeck » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:18 pm

i didn't realize this was also at carls jr. i don't really care for either place lol i prefer tacobell XD maybe they could make a foot long cheesy gordita crunch XD
armeck

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:31 pm

armeckthefirst (post: 1409800) wrote: maybe they could make a foot long cheesy gordita crunch XD

That has just given me the greatest idea ever.

I want a foot long taco RIGHT NOW.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:26 pm

I could split one with my date!

That would be sooo romantic!

Kidding!:hits_self
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby armeck » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:50 pm

yeah that certainly wouldn't be romantic but i think i just came up with the greatest idea of all time! XD
armeck

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:52 pm

At a certain point, all overly-large sized foods are disgusting.
Atria35

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:59 pm

It's just too big and awkward, you'd make a mess, be dropp'n bits all over the place

Good for groups though, buy a couple, cut 'em up pass 'em out, and enjoy!
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:12 pm

MomentOfInertia (post: 1409863) wrote:Good for groups though, buy a couple, cut 'em up pass 'em out, and enjoy!

.... That's a great idea. Next time I treat my brother to lunch, I think I'll try this with a Subway.....
Atria35

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:40 pm

Atria35 wrote:At a certain point, all overly-large sized foods are disgusting.

Fortunately, no fast food place has ever reached that point. If anything, most fast food places don't have big enough food. I mean, take the double/triple/quad stackers from Burger King. Those things are ridiculously tiny! It's why I stopped getting them. That, and they never put enough of that sauce on them.

And I have yet to see a single pizza place have a satisfyingly large pizza. Most larges are like...what I consider medium. Pizza Hut needs to bring back the Bigfoot Pizza. Now THAT was a large!

Nate

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Nate wrote:And I have yet to see a single pizza place have a satisfyingly large pizza. Most larges are like...what I consider medium. Pizza Hut needs to bring back the Bigfoot Pizza. Now THAT was a large!

http://www.bigpieinthesky.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=7

Would this fit for a pizza. It's in Atlanta, Ga

Pizza can be ordered in sizes that range from our 16”][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:49 pm

[quote="Roy Mustang (post: 1409887)"]http://www.bigpieinthesky.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=7

Would this fit for a pizza. It's in Atlanta, Ga

Pizza can be ordered in sizes that range from our 16â€
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby ADXC » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:06 pm

So Hardee's is finally going the healthy route?

XD JK

I mean I like eating a foot long cheesesteak, but this is pretty ridiculous. XD

@ Roy-Hey, I saw that restaurant shown in an episode of Man vs. Food, did you see it?
ADXC

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:15 pm

Nate (post: 1409878) wrote:Fortunately, no fast food place has ever reached that point. If anything, most fast food places don't have big enough food. I mean, take the double/triple/quad stackers from Burger King. Those things are ridiculously tiny! It's why I stopped getting them. That, and they never put enough of that sauce on them.

And I have yet to see a single pizza place have a satisfyingly large pizza. Most larges are like...what I consider medium. Pizza Hut needs to bring back the Bigfoot Pizza. Now THAT was a large!

Burgers I make at home are way larger than any burger from a fast food place :/
Shao Feng-Li

Next

Return to General