Weird Ice Cream

Talk about anything in here.

Weird Ice Cream

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Linky
Alright, the squid ink flavored ice cream sounds pretty good, but the PIT VIPER flavored ice cream?!

JAPAN!
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Mmm, sounds like Indiana Jones' favorite.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:32 am

http://www.who-sucks.com/food/101-frightening-ice-cream-flavors-from-around-the-world

This has even more wierd ones- I think the raw horseflesh tops the list as most disgusting, myself! Agutuck gets a very close second most disgusting. But anything flavored by fish or seawater also makes me shudder.
Atria35

Postby KougaHane » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:37 am

mmmmm.... raw horse flesh......

er, did I say that out loud?
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby byrocat » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:04 am

<<<< Original comment removed>>

WHOOPS! SORRY! Checked the list and realized that I'd fired off a comment without really thinking things through.

HOWEVER, I have tried some Japanese ice creams and the flavours sold in the Americas can be defintely funky. Red Bean and green tea are ones that anyone can enjoy, but the black sesame seed looked disgusting in the bowl (black lump of ????) which became the next day's surprise when I sat down in the bathroom. Black sesame seeds don't digest so you get double-dosed with disgusting.

Having made you all feel nausious but had to warn you.....

It may be disgusting in the bowl but was actually quite flavoursome and different. Worth the effort of ordering it.
byrocat

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:19 am

The local Japanese restaurant serves green tea ice cream. I haven't gotten to try it yet, but I've heard it's tasty.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:40 am

I think that ginger ice cream is the strangest one I've ever tried, but it's delicious! Sometime I'll have to try sesame seed, though, as well as lychee and green tea and mochi! I've heard they're all tasty!
Atria35

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Haha, sounds tasty, but I'll stick to chunks of cookie dough, thankyouverymuch XDDD
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:43 pm

I have had some green tea ice cream before...it was interesting! :3 Not my cup of tea though.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby jadeTheshade » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:15 pm

charcole. honestly. who wants to eat chracole?? even with sugar?
[font="Book Antiqua"]two roads diverged in a wood and i
took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference
-Robert F[color="black"][color="Blue"][/color][/color]rost[/font]
jadeTheshade

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Sheenar (post: 1409091) wrote:The local Japanese restaurant serves green tea ice cream. I haven't gotten to try it yet, but I've heard it's tasty.

Green tea and red bean! I have green tea in my freezer right now. :3
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Lynna » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:45 pm

eeeewwwwww I normally like being adventurous, but raw horse flesh? I think I might have to go puke now....
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby XIV_whisper » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:37 am

O.O...this stuff should be illegal
XIV_whisper

Postby That Dude » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Raw horse flesh ice cream? Brilliant!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Arya Raiin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:55 pm

O.O H-horse meat... ice cream. Scary.

I'd like to try the charcoal, I guess I'm kinda strange. I always had a strange taste for foods thought. Such as I'd rather have a good sushi than a good steak.

The squid ink doesn't sound so bad! :D I'd eat it before I would eat the Agutuk!
Arya Raiin

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Horse meat? really?:eyebrow:

I wonder if I could get some bacon flavored ice cream? With bacon bits?

Or maybe just Twizzlers' flavor, that would be good too.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Meat and ice cream are two things that do not get along well, in my opinion.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 pm

The people who dip their chicken nuggets into their Frosties from Wendy's would disagree with you, Nette.

...actually that sounds pretty good...

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Wyntre Rose » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Whoa...and I thought the wasabi and chili pepper ice cream (both of which I tried in Japan...yuck) would be the most disgusting flavors I'd ever heard of. But raw horse meat? Ick. And whale?! Wow, only Japan.

The cherry blossom ice cream sounds good, actually. And I love green tea ice cream.
Wyntre Rose

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Nate (post: 1409881) wrote:The people who dip their chicken nuggets into their Frosties from Wendy's would disagree with you, Nette.

...actually that sounds pretty good...

Gross. I'll dip my French fries in my chocolate Frosty; that actually tastes pretty good. But nuggets? No thank you.

ETA: Actually I would try chili pepper ice cream. I like chocolate with chili pepper in it, so it stands to reason that chili pepper ice cream might taste good. I'd try cherry blossom ice cream too, because hey, I like rose milk tea so I assume it'd probably be similar. Wasabi ice cream though? I dunno.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nekomimi » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:45 am

Wow, I gotta admit my tastes are rather pedestrian when it comes to ice cream flavors... they should also show pics of people's facial reactions when they see/read those "special" flavors next to them! Because I could feel my tongue wanting to kill itself after a while... XD
Nekomimi

Postby Nate » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:47 am

Speaking of ice cream, did anyone else hear that Baskin-Robbins is getting rid of five flavors of their ice cream? And one of the ones they're dropping is...French Vanilla.

Talk about a boneheaded decision.

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:12 am

I've never even been to a Baskin-Robbins before. We don't have them here. But yeah that does sound like a pretty dumb idea. Unless they maybe have more than one vanilla flavor because why the heck do you need more than one vanilla?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:30 pm

[quote="geekosystem.com"]Baskin-Robbins, famous for its 31 flavors of ice cream, does occasionally have to mix it up a bit. Flavors like Charlie Brownie, 2001 Spice Odyssey, and the improbably named The Mask “Somebody Stop Meâ€
Roy Mustang

Postby Tamachan319 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Ew.....that's one kind of ice cream I will run away from in fear. Actually, two. I like horses....but NOT as an ice cream flavor!
[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C. S. Lewis[/font]
"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."
According to EllaEdric, my real name is.... "TAMAMAMAMAAMMAAM".

[font="Courier New"]
I love my flute![/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tamachan319

Location: Someplace, somewhere. I'm specific about these things, you see.

Postby Nate » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:58 pm

I dunno what you're talking about. Horse is delicious. When I was in Croatia, I had horse steak, and lemme tell you something. It is GOOD. Seriously good.

I dunno how it would taste raw, though. I think we got the flank steak and it was at least medium, maybe even well-done. I dunno. I just know it was tasty. I want horse steak again. :\

Stupid America and stupid Willie Nelson being stupid.

Nate

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:42 am

Nate (post: 1410213) wrote:Stupid America and stupid Willie Nelson being stupid.

Impact of Horse Slaughter Ban from AVMA
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:58 am

I just want to be able to eat horse steak in the US. Is that so wrong?

And before anyone says "DERP DERP HERP HORSES ARE PETS" some people keep cows as pets too, but we still eat cow meat. Some people keep chickens as pets and we still eat chicken meat. Some people keep pigs as pets and we still eat pig meat. Horses being people's pets is no reason to ban horse meat.

So again I say, stupid America and stupid Willie Nelson being stupid. I WANT TO EAT HORSE AGAIN. And I don't feel like flying to Croatia to do it. -.-

Nate

Postby Sheenar » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Nate (post: 1410386) wrote:I just want to be able to eat horse steak in the US. Is that so wrong?

And before anyone says "DERP DERP HERP HORSES ARE PETS" some people keep cows as pets too, but we still eat cow meat. Some people keep chickens as pets and we still eat chicken meat. Some people keep pigs as pets and we still eat pig meat. Horses being people's pets is no reason to ban horse meat.

So again I say, stupid America and stupid Willie Nelson being stupid. I WANT TO EAT HORSE AGAIN. And I don't feel like flying to Croatia to do it. -.-

I posted that link to say that I agree with you --the ban was stupid. And really, really bad for horses. I mean, just read the article and you'll see. Crazy things are happening (and sad things.)

Sheenar

Postby Cloud500 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:38 pm

What happened to plain chocolate and vanilla?

I think I remember reading an article years ago about some place in New England that served ice cream with chunk of lobster in it...
Cloud500

Next

Return to General