Christian Parkour/freerunning group

Talk about anything in here.

Christian Parkour/freerunning group

Postby MOAVGproduction » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:13 pm

For anyone who does parkour, or like watching it or anything that involves it. This is your place!
Come here to share your past experiences, links, stories, ect.
Me? what about you? lol, just kidding. I'll go first! :D
I'm still a novice in parkour, but im slowing getting there, with moral support from God, and my family, I'm slowly but steadily getting better at parkour "every day"; literally. How did I find out about parkour? Hm... I really don't know... but I first really got into it -study wise- when I clicked on some link on wiki that lead me to freerunning; then parkour!
The only reason I'm doing parkour is because I can't skateboard where I live... I have a half mile gravel driveway... and I live in the middle of the woods. This is way better than skateboarding could ever be! You use yor body to get through, under, and over obstacles.
Right now the only skills I know are:
PK roll,
Kong,
( a one handed vault... I forgot the name... something gainer)
I'm also in the process of learning how to do a bar hold... I think im 40% there... I have my hands in the right position... so all I need to do is work on the balancing part... :\ but I plan on having nailed this trick by the end of this week! :D
Now... Your turn! :D
MOAVGproduction

Postby Dante » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:02 pm

I like Parkour, but as one might imagine I can't very well do it, my body was simply designed for the fight rather then flight aspect of living (So we could say I like it as a spectator). When combined with a good deal of weight, I get a thrill out of being able to run down the block in full sprint without coughing up a lung. Of course, once again, fight over flight, if I simply get to a full sprint and ram someone, they won't be providing much in the way of resistance I suppose... Still, parkour looks like fun but will only exist as a component of my dreams in the meantime until I acquire a significant change in personal flexibility and size. There isn't much to practice with in my neighborhood anyways. But it's awesome that you can do those kinds of things.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Return to General