Biggest pet peeves

Talk about anything in here.

Biggest pet peeves

Postby Ella Edric » Wed May 26, 2010 2:59 pm

I was thinking, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people smack and slurp. The I thought, I wonder what bothers others? XD So, whats your biggest pet peeve? XD
Ella Edric

Postby firestorm » Wed May 26, 2010 3:04 pm

letting them take a bite out of my food, and they end up taking a HUGE bit! like half a sandwich like bite! that urks me XD
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby TGJesusfreak » Wed May 26, 2010 3:20 pm

lol Fire

One of mine is when someone tells me to do something right be fore 'm about to do it. That urks me so much! XD
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed May 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Ella Edric (post: 1396770) wrote:I was thinking, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people smack and slurp. The I thought, I wonder what bothers others? XD So, whats your biggest pet peeve? XD

My lil sis is exactly like that!

People who change the radio pre-sets in a car they don't own. And people who don't walk their dog on a leash, and/or let it deface other people's property.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Atria35 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:22 pm

When people have the TV up at a rediculous volume. My mother is particularly fond of this >.>" I keep telling her she'll go deaf before she retires if she keeps it up, but does she listen? No.....
Atria35

Postby Nate » Wed May 26, 2010 5:20 pm

I hate it, I absolutely HATE it, with every fiber of my being, when someone backs into a parking space. I can't stand it. It makes me want to smash their windows and slash their tires.

IT DOESN'T SAVE YOU ANY TIME YOU IDIOTS, YOU WASTE AS MUCH TIME BACKING INTO THE SPACE AS YOU WOULD BACKING OUT OF IT. IT'S POINTLESS. In fact you probably waste MORE time backing into a space than backing out of it, because when you back out you don't have to be precise, you do when you're backing in! ARGH.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Alcuinus » Wed May 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Nate (post: 1396807) wrote:I hate it, I absolutely HATE it, with every fiber of my being, when someone backs into a parking space. I can't stand it. It makes me want to smash their windows and slash their tires.

IT DOESN'T SAVE YOU ANY TIME YOU IDIOTS, YOU WASTE AS MUCH TIME BACKING INTO THE SPACE AS YOU WOULD BACKING OUT OF IT. IT'S POINTLESS. In fact you probably waste MORE time backing into a space than backing out of it, because when you back out you don't have to be precise, you do when you're backing in! ARGH.

Well maybe they think like this:

"I need to go to the store. I don't want to go to the store. As soon as I'm out of the store I want to get back home as soon as possible and with a minimum of stress."

Thus, backing into a parking spot makes getting home after a tiring trip to the store that much less of a bother.
Deo Volente Deo non Fortuna
Alcuinus

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Every time I see a possessive "its" written with an apostrophe, or a contraction of "it is" written without an apostrophe, a small part of me dies.

The same goes for your/you're, and there/their/they're. XD

Another pet peeve is when people attempt to create a professional-looking graphic, but they use Arial as the font. XD

There are probably other pet peeves that I have, but honestly, whenever anyone asks me what they are, I can never remember! I only recognize them in the moment. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Valkaiser » Wed May 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Ella Edric (post: 1396770) wrote:I was thinking, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people smack and slurp.

I have a loose jaw, is not my fault, srsly!

Atria35 wrote:When people have the TV up at a rediculous volume.

If you can't feel the shockwave it isn't loud enough.

As for me, I hate it when crazy people be driving through parking lots across the lines. Sometimes they don't even look where they going at.
Or leave shopping carts out, heinous!!!!
And oooooh the grammars, they I be hatin, thems that can't anyways.
Valkaiser

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed May 26, 2010 6:39 pm

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]
Ella Edric (post: 1396770) wrote:I was thinking, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people smack and slurp. The I thought, I wonder what bothers others? XD So, whats your biggest pet peeve? XD

Oh heck yes!!! This is one of my primary pet peeves! Here are a few others:

1. Trying to Carry On A Conversation While I'm Reading: Okay, if you clearly see that I'm reading a book, and a good book at that, why are you trying to carry on a conversation with me?! Just let me read!

2. Not Waving When I "Let You In" on the Road: Okay. Here's the scene. I'm driving down the street. It's a busy day. I look to my right, and I see you wanting to get into my lane. So, like a gentlemen, I slow down to form a gap so you can get in. You take advantage of the gap and continue on your merry way WITHOUT TOOTING YOUR HORN, WAVING, OR ANY OTHER SIGN OF THANKS!!! I just held up traffic for you, and I don't even get a thanks?! Geez!

3. Cell Phone Drivers: Okay, time for another scene. It's a hot day in Louisiana. I'm about to get in the right lane so I can get off the interstate at the appropriate exit. I turn my signals on, and look to my right...low and behold, I can't get over without speeding up because you're busy talking on your cell phone about something that, chances are CAN BE DISCUSSED WHEN YOU'RE NOT DRIVING!!!

4. Basket Load of Groceries at Self Checkouts/Bad Kids at Self Checkout: Okay, this is a major peeve for me. Self Checkouts like those at Wal-Mart and Albertsons are made, in my eyes, for customers who have no more than about 10 items. If you have more than this...do us all a favor--keep the line moving][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Vega » Wed May 26, 2010 6:53 pm

The single most thing that I cant stand is whistling! I cant stand it. Not just because I cant do it,but I just think its so annoying
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Nate » Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Alcuinus wrote:Well maybe they think like this:

"I need to go to the store. I don't want to go to the store. As soon as I'm out of the store I want to get back home as soon as possible and with a minimum of stress."

Thus, backing into a parking spot makes getting home after a tiring trip to the store that much less of a bother.

But it isn't less of a bother. In fact, as I said, it actually takes MORE time to back into a space than just pulling into it and backing out of it. So if they didn't want to go to the store and wanted to spend as little time as possible...then they shouldn't back into the space, because they're wasting more time!

Plus it's so annoying, SO ANNOYING to be following someone in a parking lot, and then they pass an open space and you're about to pull into it, and then they put on the brakes and start backing up. :|

Nate

Postby Mr. Rogers » Wed May 26, 2010 7:39 pm

I hate when people tell me they have something really important to tell me, but that they will "tell me later". Later on, they forget what it was.
Mr. Rogers

Postby Ella Edric » Wed May 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Another one of my pet peeves would be when people pronounce words like, say, "temperature" like, "tempachure". Or the word "frustrated" like, "fustrated". XD I don't know why it bothers me so much. XD
Ella Edric

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed May 26, 2010 8:25 pm

While I have MANY pet peeves, I really don't want to list them all down. So, I have to say that my biggest one, or one that's affected me the most, is when people spread rumors. Oh, the things people have said about me... I AM VERY BITTER ABOUT THIS.

I also hate it when people continue to mess up basic spelling and grammar, even after the point in time when it should have clicked for them.

And one more thing: in order to pass a driving test here, you must be able to perform a 90 degree backing park. This, and the parallel park, came in time for me and I performed both of them well during my test. BUT, I missed a turn lane and she failed me.
Ante Bellum

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed May 26, 2010 8:27 pm

*Eyes glisten up* O_________O

1.When guys "forget" to put up the seat before.. going (I rather then forget to put the seat down)
2.When people ask you fi you're hungry every five minutes (no really, they do) D=
3.When people say one thing but means another D=
4. When people chew with their mouths open and they make loud smacking noses.. On purpose D= I mean, I understand some foods you can't help it (I guess, but yeah.. )
4. When people stand so close when watching you do something.. I have personal space issues O__O;

Hmm, I has more, but those will do for now xD
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Midknight74012 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Stupid people, period. When you say something you know for a fact is correct and they still disagree with the obvious. In 2 words, common senselessness
Psalms 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Midknight74012

Postby Wolf-man » Wed May 26, 2010 8:55 pm

My biggest pet peeve is probably when people will start to tell you something and then they will stop part way and say "Nevermind I probably shouldn't tell you." It's so irritating. I have had it happen to me several times at college.
Wolf-man

Postby Atria35 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:20 pm

People who think all the books were better as movies (for those that had movie versions out).

And people who let their kids run wild in stores.
Atria35

Postby Garland » Wed May 26, 2010 10:41 pm

I can't stand illogical arguments, or when someone tries to argue about a thing they know nothing about. I ask myself (especially for the second case), "Why am I talking to this person?"

Also, I can't stand it when people can't or won't see the obvious (mostly in arguments). I feel like saying "Hello? Are you awake?"

Also, one is where people say "forums" or something similar. Yes we took it from Latin, but please use the proper plural form, fora.
I, Garland, will knock you all down!-Garland (FF1)

Gruve Nitro's website
Gruve Nitro is a band whose genre is considered (by me) "Christian Funk." It is based off the old Earth Wind and Fire style, and some of the original players play on the album as well as Ray Parker Jr. (from the Ghostbusters theme)

Fortune Cookie:Behind an able man, there are always.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed May 26, 2010 10:48 pm

Atria35 (post: 1396900) wrote:And people who let their kids run wild in stores.

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Preach it! Preach it!

I was in Sears a couple days ago in the upstairs area, when I passed by two kids who were standing on either end of the escalators with their bare stomachs rubbing against the moving hand-hold belts! Not only is that unsafe, but, and lets be honest, who KNOWS where those kids have been?! [/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby ADXC » Thu May 27, 2010 12:50 am

I have three major ones.

1. Gumchewing

2. Cracked doors (What can't you either keep it fully opened or fully closed?!?!)

3. When things aren't aligned right. Like desks or chairs. Honestly, I'm majorly OCD about this stuff.
ADXC

Postby CrystalChalice » Thu May 27, 2010 1:00 am

You know that sound that sneakers make whenever you walk on certain kinds of floors? That's what ticks me off the most, especially if the guy wearing them does it ON PURPOSE.:bang:
CrystalChalice

Postby MBlight » Thu May 27, 2010 3:17 am

My biggest pet peeve is people who claim domesticated/pet rats have a higher chance of giving them black plague than their cat who actually has fleas, when my rats are kept cleaner than an OCD's hands.

My 2nd biggest peeve is people who get a pet then decide they're bored of it and try to give it a new home. Seriously. Are you going to grow bored of your kid and then "rehome" it too (obviously, there are exception to this rule but still!)

My third peeve is when someone gulps down their drinks. My little brother does it and claims he can't help it. I still maintain that I am not be able to restrain my hand when it hits the back of his head. (after which he normally drinks properly)

Ditto on cars backing into parking bays.
I am a Rat Activist!

My Blog: http://mhitchens.wordpress.com

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Proud member of MOES!
MBlight

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu May 27, 2010 4:48 am

Oh yeah, all this talk about children has reminded me of another huge pet peeve. It's the school bus. Let me list a bunch of the things that makes it bad:
1: The music. First it was country, now it's some rap station. Thank God for large headphones, I'd have gone insane by now just from that!
2: The other people. For the most part, middle school kids don't bother me so much. But high school means people sitting in the back cussing up a storm, and elementary school means a couple dozen unrestrained kids. Especially when the bus is nearly empty (My personal ride takes over an hour!), they really start to run around, smacking the seats, jumping around, kicking, fighting...And when the bus is full, they're still annoying. Once this one, I assume a first grader, got really close to my face. I REALLY do not want to be that close to kids, especially since I just don't like most children to begin with. And they always stare at me. Just me. Even when I glare back they continue to do it.
3: The driver. He constantly runs the bus over the curb and never tells the little kids to sit down.

I am so happy to be transferring to another school, you have NO IDEA.
Ante Bellum

Postby firestorm » Thu May 27, 2010 6:14 am

I also don't like it when people give me attitude for really stupid stuff, especially if I was nice to them from the get go. Students at my job tend to do that sometimes even if we treat them extra nice, which usually can get us in trouble. but yet they still manage to pull out an attitude with me and get themselves kicked out by security XO
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Warrior4Christ » Thu May 27, 2010 6:35 am

People who put their indicator on halfway around the roundabout! Grrrr! It's your fault if I cut in front / don't give way in that case.

People who turn onto your road in front of you from a side street, and don't even have the courtesy to put their foot down and go quickly... like matching my speed would be nice.

People who kind of pull over to the side of the road... they may or may not use the indicator. They're usually going pretty close to the side, and their speed is in the perfect grey area of not quite fast enough to be driving normally on the road, but not quite slow enough to be actually stopping on the side of the road in the next few tens of metres. What - do I overtake you or not??

Alcuinus (post: 1396811) wrote:Well maybe they think like this:

If I want a park with minimum stress at the shops, I just park in the spot that's a bit further away that hardly anyone parks in. Easy. I don't mind 30 seconds of extra walking. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who go for the busy parks right near the entrance... more traffic, more hassle, more chance of getting dents in your doors from careless people...
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Nate » Thu May 27, 2010 10:49 am

I guess I could just say "Children" but then everyone would be all "OH HOW CAN YOU HATE CHILDREN YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON YOU WERE A CHILD ONCE TOO" (to which my response is invariably "Yes, I was, and I hated myself").

So I'll just say parents who bring babies into movie theaters and restaurants. Look, I can understand that babies are too young to entrust to a babysitter sometimes but you know, maybe I want to eat my dinner or watch my movie without some kid crying at the top of his lungs. It's like I'm some sort of superhero villain, Dr. Trying-to-Have-a-Nice-Evening. But my scheme is ALWAYS THWARTED.

Nate

Postby TGJesusfreak » Thu May 27, 2010 10:59 am

Nate wrote:I guess I could just say "Children" but then everyone would be all "OH HOW CAN YOU HATE CHILDREN YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON YOU WERE A CHILD ONCE TOO" (to which my response is invariably "Yes, I was, and I hated myself").
YES YES! OH YES! I think back when I was pre-double digits. I'm surprised that my parents didn't go crazy. XD

Another peeve of mine is when you argue in facts and the other person wont listen. You'll give a fact and ask if they agree or disagree. and they'll say "That doesn't matter" "IF IT DOESN'T MATTER THEN JUST ANSWER THE STUPID QUESTION!" They know if they answer they'll lose the arguement T_T
It urks me so bad... :lol:
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby firestorm » Thu May 27, 2010 11:07 am

How about when someone tells you "Hey let's hang out", and when you agree and are out and about with the dude and ask them how they are going to pay for it they go "Oh I thought you would pay for me.". Listen buddy, you better adjust your budget to pay your way, especially since your the one that came to me asking to hang out. Unless I'm on a date with someone I have feelings for of the opposite gender, your a girl, or I'm in a generous and good mood, then don't just expect me to pay for you, especially without telling me beforehand. If it ain't one of the 3 requirements above, sorry buddy but your stuck like chuck.

Next

Return to General