Needing to de-bug a car.

Talk about anything in here.

Needing to de-bug a car.

Postby RidleyofZebes » Thu May 06, 2010 10:58 am

Recently, I have been blessed with something I've been needing for a long time: A mode of transportation. It was given to me to drive and take care of for as long as I need, though it won't be in my name, which I'm totally cool with for now.

There were only a few small problems, but you know how it goes... it's the little things that bug you the most. It had been sitting up at my granny's house for the last 2 years. As bad as that sounds, it's not terrible. My dad, a mechanic, took good care of the truck before he gave it to her to haul her trash with. Basically, all it needed when I got it was cleaned out good.

Herein lies the problem, though. As I was cleaning it out, I discovered a few... unpleasant things. I mean, I could handle the petrified lizard-thing, and the dirt dobber nests were easy enough to knock out... but a few of my 8-legged friends seem to have taken up residence within. Call me a wussy arachnophobe if you will... I CAN NOT STAND THOSE THINGS.

So, my friends here at CAA, I call upon your collective knowledge: have ever had experience in handling with the aforementioned troubles, and if so, what method would you recommend for dealing with it? I need to know the best way to make sure my truck is rid of all bugs, all '8-legged hitchhikers' if you will. I don't know where they're hiding. They could be in the vents, they could be inside the door panels... but I don't care. I just want them gone so I can drive my truck without any unpleasant, wreck-inducing surprises.

I look forward to driving my truck soon! Not only will it carry me to my workplace and home again, but it will increase my romantic possibilities!

plz halp? :mutter:
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby Rewin » Thu May 06, 2010 11:11 am

Get a can of bug spray (the kind that lingers in the air for a while would probably be best) and use liberally (very liberally). Then just leave the truck closed up for a couple days, then open the windows for a few hours, then go for a nice, fast drive with the windows down to blow out any remaining fumes. When you get home, vaccuum out the corpses, get back in your truck and enjoy the freedom of the open road.

Enjoy and congratulations!
Rewin

Postby Esoteric » Thu May 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Forget the can, roll up the windows and set off a bug bomb in it. The poison vapors should penetrate everything, including the vent system. Just be sure to let it air out really good before you get back in, ...like for a day. (and of course don't leave any food in there, and stuff. The package will have directions on safe use.)
Esoteric

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri May 07, 2010 4:06 am

If I were you, I'd just pull out the seats, pull up the carpet, take the door trims off, etc... clean it good and proper. Not sure if you want to exert that much effort though.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri May 07, 2010 9:13 am

Bug bomb sounds like a good idea, but yeah, drive around with the windows down for a couple days afterward.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon May 31, 2010 8:17 pm

If you want to completely clear out the vents you'll have to find the intake for the AC system, it should be under the hood. open it up and spray some bug-killer in there with the fan on high. make sure to cycle trough the separate defroster/floor/dash vents. that will take care of the vents, for the rest setting off a bug bomb on the floor with the window slightly open should do the trick but, there will probably be a lingering smell, I don't know I don't have experience with bug bombs.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:20 pm

A couple of foggers and call it a day.
Shao Feng-Li

Return to General